From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Now that is dedication! How did you combat loose skin? I see none on you!
  • bethjpsu
    bethjpsu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    congrats you look great!!!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • burthdaygurl
    burthdaygurl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! Totally inspirational!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone :)
    Reaverie wrote: »
    You look amazing! Now that is dedication! How did you combat loose skin? I see none on you!

Thank you!

I credit strength training only for the most part, to help with loose skin. I do have some though (lower abdomen and chest, need good support there) because I am not perfect like everyone else!

If I do cardio, I will try to focus on the glutes doing weighted step ups, incline treadmill, stair stepper, hills, sprints, bleachers...

All the best to you!
  • sufiingenuous
    sufiingenuous Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi, I am Zahra, I m amazed at your accomplishments..... N I m so inspired by you. You look beautiful and happy, comfortable in your skin.
    If it's not much to ask for, I need advice about weight lifting program. I dance and do yoga to burn calories.... and I m successful for about forty pounds...But they keep coming back.... being a surgeon n having a busy life, it's difficult to keep my weight n good intake under check... N it becomes difficult to take less then 1200 calories forever, with all my hectic work routine and exams. Also I want to build lean muscle, get rid of belly fat and fat tissue as it keeps enlarging to its original size every now and then.
    Can you guide me how to start on weight lifting...as a beginner, as I don't have access to a good gym nor a,personal trainer where I am.....
    Can you help Me please by taking time out and giving your advice....
  • simon0000
    simon0000 Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, you look great.
  • eday79
    eday79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • ttony80
    ttony80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very Inspirational
    Just speechless
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation!! This will inspire so many to keep moving forward and not give up. Congrats!
  • GenElizabeth
    edited January 2017
    Options
    martinezh wrote: »
    Would you weigh lift everyday??

Yep! 5-6 days/week. At that time, I was mostly sedentary every day, other than my workouts, so I rested throughout the entire day, as well as slept 7-9 hrs a night no problem... That all allowed me to rest and recover just fine.

Sleep is a different story though after having my baby, lol.. I lift every other day now because of the extra things I'm doing and the lack of sleep I tend to get.

It all kind of depends of your lifestyle as far as how much lifting you should do and how often.. It is true though that the more work you put into it, the better your results will be so always do your very best at every opportunity given.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thank you very much everyone! :blush:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi, I am Zahra, I m amazed at your accomplishments..... N I m so inspired by you. You look beautiful and happy, comfortable in your skin.
    If it's not much to ask for, I need advice about weight lifting program. I dance and do yoga to burn calories.... and I m successful for about forty pounds...But they keep coming back.... being a surgeon n having a busy life, it's difficult to keep my weight n good intake under check... N it becomes difficult to take less then 1200 calories forever, with all my hectic work routine and exams. Also I want to build lean muscle, get rid of belly fat and fat tissue as it keeps enlarging to its original size every now and then.
    Can you guide me how to start on weight lifting...as a beginner, as I don't have access to a good gym nor a,personal trainer where I am.....
    Can you help Me please by taking time out and giving your advice....

Hi Zahra, thank you so much. :smile:

It would totally be difficult to eat 1200 calories and have such a hectic and busy lifestyle!! So first of all, I would definitely recommend to you to start eating MORE, start by raising your calories gradually week to week. Many factors depend on how much an individual should be eating per day such as height, weight, activity level, etc.. 1200 is very low and too low for someone who is active like you are and trying to build muscle.

Have you used the MFP calculator for figuring out a starting point? It asks you for this information, try to be as accurate as possible! I don't know your stats so I can not suggest an amount.

Also, a much better, general starting point for macros here on MFP is closer to an even split - 40% carbs, 30% fats, 30% protein. I think the default for MFP is different with much higher carbs/lower protein, so you would have to go into your settings and change it.

As far as weight lifting, you need food to fuel your workouts and your daily activity. A pair of dumbbells is really all you need to begin with, along with an increase to calories!

I'll add you so I can help you in the future if you need it!

Good luck. :smile:
  • zcan03
    zcan03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I just started January of this year with similar height and weight and I am hoping to be where you are in December...thanks for the inspiration. I needed this reassurance after this past weekend!
  • noeleen36
    noeleen36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You've done fantastic. I'm a size 20. Started walking, but find it difficult to cut out the picking at food. You've inspired me to get up off the couch and do some exercise now. Thankyou.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Way to go on your successful journey!
  • GenElizabeth
    edited January 2017
    Options
    noeleen36 wrote: »
    You've done fantastic. I'm a size 20. Started walking, but find it difficult to cut out the picking at food. You've inspired me to get up off the couch and do some exercise now. Thankyou.

This is what it's all about! Thank YOU, you can do this. Small changes at a time.. Just don't stop the exercising! :heart:
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    zcan03 wrote: »
    Amazing! I just started January of this year with similar height and weight and I am hoping to be where you are in December...thanks for the inspiration. I needed this reassurance after this past weekend!

You can do it. Push yourself, train hard and be consistent! You will see results. :blush:
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    heagler870 wrote: »
    You look awesome! Way to go on your successful journey!

Thank you, heagler!
  • angieachstetter
    angieachstetter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation- WOW. One of the best I have ever seen! Amazing you did that in only one year. That's what you call Will Power!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!