To the people who have a "terms and conditions" in their 'about me' for people adding them..

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I love this! I don't send a whole lot of requests unless I find someone that I'm interested in interacting with but I do add pretty much anyone who sends me a request. I will delete them later if they post things that are obnoxious a lot of whatever but I don't understand the posts of "okay, I deleted a bunch of people because we don't interact and they haven't logged. if you're still here, consider yourself lucky". There's this crazy thing that happens to some of us called "life outside or social media".Please. Get a life.

True story, absolutely NO sense in announcing your "cuts." It's pretty sad, really.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    What has led you to believe the post was satirical in nature? The initial post or all of the posts after where she's defending her stance that people who are choosy are uppity and she just can't deal with that?

I am cooler than the other side of the pillow, so there is no need for me to chill. I have no stipulations written in my profile and I decline people even WITH a message if I feel like it. Because I give no *kitten*. The only thing people see in my profile is my quote, which actually makes fun of quotes like yours :)

Maybe I'm just uppity?

The OP wasn't pointing the finger at you or calling people uppity. She understands people are choosy but there is such a thing as being too choosy or too picky. We have a right to accept or decline here and in the real world which is acceptable. I think the OP is just making the point that some people take things a little too far. Everyone has to rant and blow off some steam now and again. Its better than holding it in and making yourself go crazy. Different strokes for different folks!!! We can't all be the same, life would be boring if we were.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If they want to select people who they want to be friends with hats up to them, at least they are being upfront about it, which is best for both parties. It means different things to different people, some people like to know who they have on their list because they provide support , whilst others just seem to collect hundreds. Their choice, even if its a different approach from your own.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    What has led you to believe the post was satirical in nature? The initial post or all of the posts after where she's defending her stance that people who are choosy are uppity and she just can't deal with that?

I am cooler than the other side of the pillow, so there is no need for me to chill. I have no stipulations written in my profile and I decline people even WITH a message if I feel like it. Because I give no *kitten*. The only thing people see in my profile is my quote, which actually makes fun of quotes like yours :)

Maybe I'm just uppity?

The OP wasn't pointing the finger at you or calling people uppity. She understands people are choosy but there is such a thing as being too choosy or too picky. We have a right to accept or decline here and in the real world which is acceptable. I think the OP is just making the point that some people take things a little too far. Everyone has to rant and blow off some steam now and again. Its better than holding it in and making yourself go crazy. Different strokes for different folks!!! We can't all be the same, life would be boring if we were.

Please see page 3, about half way down.

If OP wants to blow off steam about something she went looking for (because that's the ONLY way she'd know what was on people's profiles), that's fine. I can also blow off steam and rant regarding her rant, right?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Someone's different from me! Let's get'em!!!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    It's a vetting process.

If someone can't read and follow simple instructions posted on my profile, (your examples are extremely exaggerated for the most part) then clearly they are a.) too stupid or b.) too lazy comply and are therefore not worth my time.

I also explain why I require a message with FRs, because if I don't know who the hell you are, it's creepy to get a request from a complete stranger without knowing where they found me. Also I like to know why I sparked someone's interest, because if they expect me to sexy-talk with them, send nudes, or be their nanny/cheerleader, I know better than to accept.

Same here. If I have never met or talked to you, why would I accept a random friend request from someone who can't at least send me a hello message? That screams spammer to me.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Typically just pass them on by, I don't have the time or desire to deal with high maintenance friends on MFP.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am about as good a friend in here as I am in real life. If I happen to pass by and someone says something interesting/sad/thought-provoking I will comment on it. If I don't bother to look at my feed for days and only speed log my food then tough luck, no one gets any likes or comments. I am no ones mommy.

Gawds.. the number of people I have had to disentangle myself from over the years in the virtual and real world when they squeal and whine when they don't get weekly contact - eeeek! Get away from me limpet creature! Klingons! Klingons!

The best mates I have are people you can meet up with after six months of silence like nothing happened.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    If OP wants to blow off steam about something she went looking for (because that's the ONLY way she'd know what was on people's profiles), that's fine. I can also blow off steam and rant regarding her rant, right?

You do have a right too, you are dead right. However, I think she was just wanting to point something out and not offend people. We all take things we see online differently because we can't see the persons facial expressions, body language or know the tone of voice behind what is said, we only see the would and can take things WAY out of context sometimes. I worked for years in call centres doing telesales and customer service, believe me even over the phone can cause problems too. I don't think the OP was intending to cause any offense by her comments.

• Soopatt
    Options
    OP posted in the "Chit Chat and Fun and Games"...... *feeling a little embarrassed for everyone who over-reacted*
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    OP posted in the "Chit Chat and Fun and Games"...... *feeling a little embarrassed for everyone who over-reacted*

I feel embarrassed for somebody that equates the internet to real life
  • Soopatt
    Options
    Oh hang on... is this the matrix? I appear to be typing on a real keyboard and I don't feel a socket behind my head. The internet is real life bro. One facet of each of our real lives. Lots of compensating for all sorts of sad real life things goes on here, but your words and actions still have consequences here. I am not a robot. None of us are.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    71ba5b8c013c6de7d3fe2c75d21539ba.jpg
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I make a point not to be friends with people like that. I do not need some control freak dictating the terms of our friendship/interactions.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    livbridgex wrote: »
    livbridgex wrote: »
    Lotta bitchin' goin on around here lately.

callin people out on bitchin is also a bitchin thing to do
    so welcome ;)

The difference is, mine took three seconds to write and post. It is WAY more serious for you. Why do you even care enough to write an essay about the antics of some of the users here? I guess if I'm going to say "use this place for whatever you want," I should accept the fact that you're going to use it to question what other people use it for. Last time I checked though, judging how other people set up their profile is probably considered 'uppity' as well, no?

You're still fairly new here and a pretty girl at that. Give it long enough and you'll receive a few creepy FRs without messages and before you know it, you're getting pics of creepy FRs peen sent straight to your inbox without warning!

It was a joke!! It doesn't ACTUALLY keep me up at night despite contrary belief.. I was only trying to make people laugh man. Well thanks, maybe I will but I won't make a huge song and dance about it in my 'about me', I'll just delete them :)

Yeah my long essay about taking tests, and requiring essays and such was a joke too some of us are purposely exaggerating to lighten the tense mood
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    Oh hang on... is this the matrix? I appear to be typing on a real keyboard and I don't feel a socket behind my head. The internet is real life bro. One facet of each of our real lives. Lots of compensating for all sorts of sad real life things goes on here, but your words and actions still have consequences here. I am not a robot. None of us are.

So who is over-reacting now?
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Oh to be young and foolish and have time to worry about such trivialities.

tumblr_nnnvplsKJx1utk8zzo1_1280.jpg
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    It's a vetting process.

If someone can't read and follow simple instructions posted on my profile, (your examples are extremely exaggerated for the most part) then clearly they are a.) too stupid or b.) too lazy comply and are therefore not worth my time.

I also explain why I require a message with FRs, because if I don't know who the hell you are, it's creepy to get a request from a complete stranger without knowing where they found me. Also I like to know why I sparked someone's interest, because if they expect me to sexy-talk with them, send nudes, or be their nanny/cheerleader, I know better than to accept.

Is worried about what reason someone has for a friend request...yet has a practically nekkid profile pic for all the world to see...seems legit to me.

Ohhhh, the "you asked for it" post. I was wondering how long it would take for this to show up.

*rolls eyes*
  • Soopatt
    Options
    The world does not have enough emoticons for some people to tell when people are happily and casually contributing to friendly social forums. I think perhaps PC's need to be equipped with big hammers that smash retards over the head and scream "that was a JOKE!" or "that was an off-hand remark!" or, "that person was just feeling silly and found something funny to share" *shakes head sadly*