To the people who have a "terms and conditions" in their 'about me' for people adding them..

Options

Replies

• Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_nfs6kiTFqE1r0f6d7.gif
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    maybe a canned laughter track... like sitcoms... so people can start to figure out what was supposed to be funny, from what was mean't to be serious.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It just way to easy to wind people up on social media:/
  • magneticreikipaul
    magneticreikipaul Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    livbridgex wrote: »
    JUST WTF

cracks me up every time I go on someone's profile and they're like "DON'T BOTHER ADDING UNLESS..."

'1. You drop me a comprehensive coherent message stating 10 legitimate reasons I should consider befriending you on this account whereby it doesn't really matter how many friends I have whatsoever.
    2. After you've posted the said message, and if the stars align in time, or the touch of God caresses my face that day, or you're goddamn lucky that you picked a day I'm feeling generous and I SOMEHOW accept your request, you MUST update every single day because there's nothing worse than "inactive people" who make no difference to my life OR newsfeed, so therefore I will delete you in my once-a-month cleanse. You don't wanna be that guy. You don't want me to delete you, do you? You don't want somebody you don't know/never met/never will meet to delete you in virtual-internet-life, do you?
    3. SO, you've got past the messaging and accepting process, and you remain to update DAILY, you've then gotta praise my *kitten* and shower me in compliments, singin hallelujah every time I post a status and express your gratitude by being damn thankful that I accepted you.
    4. Eventually, after this long and gruelling process, IT WILL BE WORTH IT. It will make ZERO difference to either of our lives although my big head may very well explode and I will die... so then I will have to delete you. Make sure I don't die is another one of your responsibilities as a MFP friend. You don't want my blood on your hands now, do you?
    5. I look forward to your applications."

Like STFU man you ain't Kanye West or Paris Hilton lookin for a new BFF on MTV. ur just a nobody with a MFP account LIKE THE REST OF US.
    Don't like someone adding you, DON'T *kitten* ACCEPT EM
    JESUS CHRIST
    sounds like someone needs to get laid!

• Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    livbridgex wrote: »
    JUST WTF

cracks me up every time I go on someone's profile and they're like "DON'T BOTHER ADDING UNLESS..."

'1. You drop me a comprehensive coherent message stating 10 legitimate reasons I should consider befriending you on this account whereby it doesn't really matter how many friends I have whatsoever.
    2. After you've posted the said message, and if the stars align in time, or the touch of God caresses my face that day, or you're goddamn lucky that you picked a day I'm feeling generous and I SOMEHOW accept your request, you MUST update every single day because there's nothing worse than "inactive people" who make no difference to my life OR newsfeed, so therefore I will delete you in my once-a-month cleanse. You don't wanna be that guy. You don't want me to delete you, do you? You don't want somebody you don't know/never met/never will meet to delete you in virtual-internet-life, do you?
    3. SO, you've got past the messaging and accepting process, and you remain to update DAILY, you've then gotta praise my *kitten* and shower me in compliments, singin hallelujah every time I post a status and express your gratitude by being damn thankful that I accepted you.
    4. Eventually, after this long and gruelling process, IT WILL BE WORTH IT. It will make ZERO difference to either of our lives although my big head may very well explode and I will die... so then I will have to delete you. Make sure I don't die is another one of your responsibilities as a MFP friend. You don't want my blood on your hands now, do you?
    5. I look forward to your applications."

Like STFU man you ain't Kanye West or Paris Hilton lookin for a new BFF on MTV. ur just a nobody with a MFP account LIKE THE REST OF US.
    Don't like someone adding you, DON'T *kitten* ACCEPT EM
    JESUS CHRIST
    sounds like someone needs to get laid!

MFP Bingo -- Creeper Square complete.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. How dare I want to be selective of the people I share details of my life with! How dare I want to be friends with those who have similar goals! :s
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    71ba5b8c013c6de7d3fe2c75d21539ba.jpg

This.
  • livbridgex
    livbridgex Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Meh, my general reaction to "you must do X to be my friend" is:

395.gif
    hahahhaha
  • livbridgex
    Options
    I love this! I don't send a whole lot of requests unless I find someone that I'm interested in interacting with but I do add pretty much anyone who sends me a request. I will delete them later if they post things that are obnoxious a lot of whatever but I don't understand the posts of "okay, I deleted a bunch of people because we don't interact and they haven't logged. if you're still here, consider yourself lucky". There's this crazy thing that happens to some of us called "life outside or social media".Please. Get a life.

Yeah so weeeird!!
  • livbridgex
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    OP posted in the "Chit Chat and Fun and Games"...... *feeling a little embarrassed for everyone who over-reacted*

crzaqc9qkcno.jpg
  • AmberStarr_87
    AmberStarr_87 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Oh hang on... is this the matrix? I appear to be typing on a real keyboard and I don't feel a socket behind my head. The internet is real life bro. One facet of each of our real lives. Lots of compensating for all sorts of sad real life things goes on here, but your words and actions still have consequences here. I am not a robot. None of us are.

So who is over-reacting now?

Sorry... What's that?! I can't hear you through all the irony in here..

Step one: Post rant about people who posts rants about people who don't post.

Step two: Get upset because not everyone agrees with everything I said.

Step three: Secretly make a terms and conditions list in my head because I don't wanna be friend with people like THIS.

Step four: Defend my stance on conditions... Even though I'm ranting about people being picky, so really, I'm being picky too.

Wait, what?!
  • livbridgex
    Options
    Oh hang on... is this the matrix? I appear to be typing on a real keyboard and I don't feel a socket behind my head. The internet is real life bro. One facet of each of our real lives. Lots of compensating for all sorts of sad real life things goes on here, but your words and actions still have consequences here. I am not a robot. None of us are.

So who is over-reacting now?

Sorry... What's that?! I can't hear you through all the irony in here..

Step one: Post rant about people who posts rants about people who don't post.

Step two: Get upset because not everyone agrees with everything I said.

Step three: Secretly make a terms and conditions list in my head because I don't wanna be friend with people like THIS.

Step four: Defend my stance on conditions... Even though I'm ranting about people being picky, so really, I'm being picky too.

Wait, what?!

p3t24a9nu3vl.jpg
    wat.jpg 17.2K
  • blueyellowhorse
    blueyellowhorse Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Damn, some people really need to get laid, and I'm not talking about the OP.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't get this post. OP--did you really want to be friends with the person you used as an example? That badly? Why don't you tell us what attracted you to this person. I'm getting more and more curious about this. Most of us just move on if someone is too complicated to be friends with--doesn't hurt my feelings. :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*

Honestly. People need to relax. A lot.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    OP, I thought your post was amusing and clever, made me smile! Thanks, and good luck with that friend list, haha!
  • livbridgex
    Options
    I guess I don't get this post. OP--did you really want to be friends with the person you used as an example? That badly? Why don't you tell us what attracted you to this person. I'm getting more and more curious about this. Most of us just move on if someone is too complicated to be friends with--doesn't hurt my feelings. :)

haha no, I went on someone's profile and saw all the T&Cs and clicked off and then I kept seeing more and more and just thought it was weird haha my feelings aren't hurt!
  • livbridgex
    Options
    suzreen wrote: »
    OP, I thought your post was amusing and clever, made me smile! Thanks, and good luck with that friend list, haha!

Thanks hahaa :)
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    In Deep "Like", might be Love, with this thread. ALL of it. All day.