Get ready for the McDonald's McKale salad!!

Options
13»

Replies

• dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Only way to eat kale is kale chips. Love those.

This truth here. Olive oil + coarse sea salt + cajun seasoning is like the best thing ever.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I work at McDonald's (Canada) and the new salads started yesterday. It's not only kale lol ! The base is a mix between romaine lettuce, a spring mix and kale ! The mix-ins are pretty good IMO. The only downsides are the dressings (like usual) that aren't worth the cals IMO so I would just sub them with something low cal from a random grocery store or a pack of hot mustard.

Balsamic vinegrette? 40 cals per pouch I think, and I never use the whole pouch. Anything liquids will also help small quantities of other dressings spread easier

Used to love their ceasar salad but then they discontinued it. I would try a kale salad

Could their declining sales have anything to do with posting calorie counts on their menu? Say it ain't so...

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Kale has jumped the shark. Hipsters everywhere are frantically scraping the "Eat more Kale" stickers off of their Priuses or velocipedes or banjo cases.

Anyone want to call what's next?

Kohlrabi.

I shudder to think of kale at McDonald's. They would NOT bother getting the stem out.

I feel ashamed for actually liking the stuff now, but I WAS A KALE HIPSTER.

My Northern CSA-share-having self is well acquainted with kohlrabi. I could do with more recipes, TBH.

Cauliflower and sweet potatoes have their share of fad adherents, but they don't have their own bumper sticker. You don't get to be declared the Official Hipster Vegetable until it's available on a bumper sticker. Or, alternatively, an ironically ugly retro iron-on patch.

Celariac will be the new cauliflower. You heard it here first.

Saw stinging nettles on masterchef the other day, that could be on the up and coming list, too.