Lost 135lbs with diet and exercise! PICS! If I can do this, YOU CAN do this!!! Thanks myfitnesspal!

k4tie82
k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
edited January 2017 in Success Stories
I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 4 years I have lost 135 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin. I coped with life by taking medications and self-soothed with food and candy. Medications and doctor’s appointments became my life. I became extremely addicted to prescriptions. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me, and I didn’t see it until I had a BIG reality check 4 years ago. That is when my life changed. I knew it was time to change and started to rebuild my life. I decided on my own that I wanted this. I knew it was going to be hard, but I was ready to fight for it. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food, and added exercise into my daily routine. Adding exercise was just the mental boost that I needed. Every time I exercised I would feel balanced and happy, and for the first time I was proud of myself! I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. Honestly, when I started I was exhausted just walking around the block. In September 2014 I finished my first half marathon!

Having support has been a huge part of my journey. My husband has been amazing through this whole process. He started tracking his food first, and I was inspired by him! I watched as he started dropping pounds, and I decided it was time to track my food! Tracking held me accountable, and I needed that! He also helped me find healthy foods to eat, and put up with all my complaining when we first started exercising together :)

I hit a plateau after losing 100 pounds. I joined a small, family owned gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! As the pounds have dropped I feel like I have shed emotional baggage with them. My old life melted away 1 pound at a time. Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great!

[edited by mods]

Tips:

Track your food… everyday!
-Don’t drink your calories… Drink water instead (lots of water!)
-Get up and move! Even if it’s 10 minutes a day… get some exercise! Anything is better than nothing!
-Eat your veggies, the greener the better!
-Add protein into your diet. Chicken, Turkey, and Tilapia are some of my favorites.
-Limit your sugar… and if you have sugar, do it in the morning.
-Don’t let yourself get hungry, and don’t get to full…
-Prep as much food as you can on your weekends… it’s easier to make healthy choices that way!

vfwapu2bu058.jpeg
-tofqtc1dy835.png
ykn5fvuiewhl.jpeg

Replies

• Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Wow! Just Wow!
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    jenelh wrote: »
    Wow! Just Wow!

What she said! ^^ :)
  • a_nasima
    a_nasima Posts: 7 Member
    amazing! you are inspirational!
  • Bemix
    Bemix Posts: 54 Member
    My jaw dropped! This is incredible. :)
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Wow and congrats!
    You are a new person and your story is very inspiring!
  • LisaMighton
    LisaMighton Posts: 51 Member
    Amazing. Tell us more about what your exercise was up to 100lbs. of loss, before you joined that gym?
  • k4tie82
    k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
    @Msbennett709 Thank you so much for the kind words! I wanted to share this so people know it's possible! I think it's great that you are watching your sodium and carbs! They can be game changers for sure! You WILL have your own story to tell soon! Thanks for the support! <3
  • MissusSpags
    MissusSpags Posts: 109 Member
    So inspired. I'm just starting out on my journey (one month in) and have been mainly walking outside for exercise. Can't jog or run (stupid arthritic ankles).
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Wow. Just. Wow. Your success is definitely an inspiration for many.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!