Lost 135lbs with diet and exercise! PICS! If I can do this, YOU CAN do this!!! Thanks myfitnesspal!

Options

Replies

• SlimMartine7
    SlimMartine7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!! Great job!
  • fancygirl7312
    fancygirl7312 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Can I ask how tall you are?

So katie has been my big motivation girl on fitness pal . . You ladies you wonder I'm so proud of all your hard work . I wish you girl's lived in Massachusetts . I need A friend who can kick me in the butt and say let's go .lol ..
  • Danyahl
    Danyahl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find your story very motivating as I am currently trying to lose some unwanted weight. I was just wondering though how did you get your skin to tighten up as you lost weight? I am struggling with this especially in my belly, legs and upper arms. Any advice is much appreciated.
  • mytwodarlings
    mytwodarlings Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooooo much...I need your story...while I don't have as much to lose, the necessity for motivation and encouragement is the same...thank you so very much. You were beautiful then, and you're beautiful now...and healthy. God bless you for being willing to make the changes you have made.
  • k4tie82
    k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @fancygirl7312 Thank you for the kind compliment girl!! @Danyahl Hi! I think I got extremely lucky in the skin department. I think it helped that I lost the weight slowly over 4 years, and I always drink a TON of water. I also added strength training in... so I would totally recommend that! @mytwodarlings Girl you have me in tears. That's one thing I can say for sure - I did not do this on my own. When I tried and tired I failed. Once I turned that all over and trusted that God would guide me through this process, the lights turned on! I knew I as not alone in this battle and that He would give me the strength to endure this if I chose this path. Thank you so much for reminding me why I share my story... <3
  • SwimGirl1970
    SwimGirl1970 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transition to a beautiful new you! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story and inspiring others!
  • mbutler263
    mbutler263 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME!!! Thank you for sharing! Right now, I feel the exact same way you felt before you lost the weight, and I can't stand feeling like this anymore. I want to be a better wife and mom. Your motivation is inspiring!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @mleigh263 Oh I completely understand how you are feeling. YOU can beat this, and you can get to a point where you feel good again! There is nothing better than feeling like I not only improved my life, but my kids have an active mom that actually enjoys playing and running with them. My husband has a wife who he is proud of and I can keep up with him too <3 I try to always remember that it is a gift to be able to get healthy, and there are so many that would love to get fit but can't due to physical limitations, cancer, illness, ect. That alone pushes me to get out there and get some exercise in :) Good luck on your journey!!
  • reality122
    reality122 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job and thanks for posting! Your tips at the end are spot on.
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @reality122 You're welcome!
  • giselatx
    giselatx Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 4 years I have lost 135 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin. I coped with life by taking medications and self-soothed with food and candy. Medications and doctor’s appointments became my life. I became extremely addicted to prescriptions. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me, and I didn’t see it until I had a BIG reality check 4 years ago. That is when my life changed. I knew it was time to change and started to rebuild my life. I decided on my own that I wanted this. I knew it was going to be hard, but I was ready to fight for it. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food, and added exercise into my daily routine. Adding exercise was just the mental boost that I needed. Every time I exercised I would feel balanced and happy, and for the first time I was proud of myself! I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. Honestly, when I started I was exhausted just walking around the block. In September 2014 I finished my first half marathon!

Having support has been a huge part of my journey. My husband has been amazing through this whole process. He started tracking his food first, and I was inspired by him! I watched as he started dropping pounds, and I decided it was time to track my food! Tracking held me accountable, and I needed that! He also helped me find healthy foods to eat, and put up with all my complaining when we first started exercising together :)

I hit a plateau after losing 100 pounds. I joined a small, family owned gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! As the pounds have dropped I feel like I have shed emotional baggage with them. My old life melted away 1 pound at a time. Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great!

[edited by mods]

Tips:

Track your food… everyday!
    -Don’t drink your calories… Drink water instead (lots of water!)
    -Get up and move! Even if it’s 10 minutes a day… get some exercise! Anything is better than nothing!
    -Eat your veggies, the greener the better!
    -Add protein into your diet. Chicken, Turkey, and Tilapia are some of my favorites.
    -Limit your sugar… and if you have sugar, do it in the morning.
    -Don’t let yourself get hungry, and don’t get to full…
    -Prep as much food as you can on your weekends… it’s easier to make healthy choices that way!

vfwapu2bu058.jpeg
    -tofqtc1dy835.png
    ykn5fvuiewhl.jpeg

• giselatx
    giselatx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow you are truly an inspiration to me. I also decided to change for my self and my family. I started in April of this year and I have lost 23 pounds just by working out and eating less than what I used to because I would eat a lot before. I also was depressed but finding a gym that I liked helped me a lot too.
    Thank you for sharing your story it gives me hope and strength to keep going.
  • fancygirl7312
    Options
    Fabulous ty motivation You should go.on talk show . The Doctors amazing
  • takingcareofus
    takingcareofus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Your words are so encouraging. Thank you for posting your key pieces of advice. What a radiant smile you've always had!
  • fancygirl7312
    Options
    Love how far I've come to my new healthy lifestyle change . I'm never going back. :)
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @takingcareofus awe thank you so much!! ❤️
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Good for you!!!! :)
  • hawaiifittness
    hawaiifittness Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Truely amazing you put in the time and effort and boy does it ever show amazing!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    Thank you!! It's so worth all the work!!
  • marcus_jones59
    marcus_jones59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing and happier I'm getting a gym membership on the 1st and I've been tracking my calories. I figured I would check out the community of this app and I can't wait to start lifting and turning working out in a routine. And thanks for the boost of motivation and good luck to the rest of you guys on your journey to :). If anyone ever needs a pair of ears to talk to message me I'm always down to listen.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!