Do guys still like girls that look like this?

Options

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Ugh, why do I read threads like this? I'm just sad now.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are a fair number of guys who think curvy girls are hot, whether they have Photoshopped hips or not! :)
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    They are both hot and probably both photoshopped. So?

So...photoshopped pictures don't give a realistic portrayal of bodies that are athletic, thin, fat, curvy, or anything-in-between?

Why is that so hard to understand?

Because that wasn't the point.

The point was to show photos of bodies that are alternative to what is normally considered attractive (i.e. thin, athletic), by showing a photo of a bigger woman, right?
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Lol why do they say " Us big girls need to accept our curves" and then during the pose they are sucking in their gut. Strong logic

plz respond BBW's
  • newjenn40
    newjenn40 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think curvy and tattooed is hot!! ...and so does the hubby... GO CURVY!! :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Apart from one tummy tuck, they've all been photoshopped BIGGER

BADLY, by a ham-fisted amateur.

002.JPG

And London looks nothing like that.

In conclusion, I prefer Avatar, and miss the point.

Thanks! Holding women to unrealistic shape standards is at least as bad as expecting them to be "too thin".

yeah so this in comparison to the original photo reminds me of that one thread where a girl showed photos of celebrities that had been tampered with to show what they might look like if they were bigger. i guess that's what happened here.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    So at the risk of sounding super serious... I have to say I don't fully understand the point of these threads. They always seem to be started be girls who are "curvy" themselves and thus are seeking validation for what they believe society finds as unacceptable. If you look all over the place you will find people who like all body types. Sometimes you will even find a guy who doesn't care if a girl is fat or small. The fact of the matter is what does it matter what society thinks about bodies? The only body I'm really concerned with is my own body and the only validation that I wish to seek is my own. Somewhere out there are men who are going to the love the body I had, the body I currently have and the body I will have but what I care most about is myself loving the body I have. Don't get so hung up on what the world wants or thinks. Just take care of yourself and be healthy and happy and love what you were born with. There is going to be plenty of men out there that will like your body, and your face. Don't worry about that. I don't, my only concern in referrence to other people is finding a man who will love what is inside no matter how beautiful the outisde may be. My quirkiness, my humor, my darkness, my flaws and my intelligence.

But hey, that's just me.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Beauty is subjective. I think curves are pretty, but I think muscle is also beautiful. It is in the eye of the beholder. Everyone no matter what size has imperfections. You need to love who you are now. If you want to change do it for health, because beauty is always there in every shape, and size.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Wonderful :wink:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My husbands FAVORITE!!:love:

C_zps601bde91.jpg

Oooh-yeah, she's from Mad Men. I asked my hubby last night if he thought she was fat. He said no. I think she's gorgeous.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, what will all the poor VS models do?

!BZyoljgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0F63BKoZWIIboQ~~_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Lol why do they say " Us big girls need to accept our curves" and then during the pose they are sucking in their gut. Strong logic

plz respond BBW's

why? you never respond to me when i ask you questions!:angry:
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    So at the risk of sounding super serious... I have to say I don't fully understand the point of these threads. They always seem to be started be girls who are "curvy" themselves and thus are seeking validation for what they believe society finds as unacceptable. If you look all over the place you will find people who like all body types. Sometimes you will even find a guy who doesn't care if a girl is fat or small. The fact of the matter is what does it matter what society thinks about bodies? The only body I'm really concerned with is my own body and the only validation that I wish to seek is my own. Somewhere out there are men who are going to the love the body I had, the body I currently have and the body I will have but what I care most about is myself loving the body I have. Don't get so hung up on what the world wants or thinks. Just take care of yourself and be healthy and happy and love what you were born with. There is going to be plenty of men out there that will like your body, and your face. Don't worry about that. I don't, my only concern in referrence to other people is finding a man who will love what is inside no matter how beautiful the outisde may be. My quirkiness, my humor, my darkness, my flaws and my intelligence.

But hey, that's just me.

Agreed.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Beautiful faces, but no harm in losing some weight. Too big for me :)

In other words..they"re fat..
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options

But hey, that's just me.

:flowerforyou:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    All guys like the same body types and since I'm a guy, I can speak for all of us when I say

These girls are too fat. Get on the treadmill.

I do get on the treadmill, but thanks for making it way less motivating. And probably not something I will do today. And probably not on other days when I see my kid's Incredible Hulk action figures and remember these words. Yeah, thanks for that little punched in the gut feeling I just got and what it did some kind of flutter thing to my heart too.

Always glad to help. Try the stairmaster too.

Also, pay attention to the sarcasm meter. I know you'd seen my posts around enough to know me enough :)

To everybody in this thread.

a) These pics are heavily photoshopped
    b) I find it disgusting (and frankly, idiotic of you all) to think that all (or even most) guys like a specific type of body.
    c) No we don't just go for girls who simply put out. Hookers put out. They're in business but not by all of us
    d) This thread is ironic beyond belief. I have been here for more than an year and have constantly seen skinny shaming threads. In this thread I've seen criticism towards chubby girls and not nearly anywhere as harsh words used a those in skinny shaming threads yet I see so many people coming for the defense of the chubby girls. Learn to accept ALL.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, what will all the poor VS models do?

!BZyoljgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0F63BKoZWIIboQ~~_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

be photoshopped and keep being beautiful
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh great, yet another thread intended to validate the attractiveness of curvy women, which inevitably leads to comments denigrating thin women! Well done, OP.

:wink:

What has been said denigrating thin women???? Did I miss something??

ahh, there have been a few comments... but so far it's been pretty light...
    I would rather have a woman with curves that is sexy like Hendricks than a skinny, boney, straight, no boobs victoria secret model
    All those women are very attractive, but I've always liked a road with a few curves, flat and straight is boring.
    I am not a guy but I still say they are sexy. Women with a little extra meat on there bones are a lot prettier then skin on bones. lol

Thank you for taking the time to pull these out Mirey. It's mean and I'm unsure why people take that next leap all the time. I don't think it's OP's fault however but some people seem to have this glitch that causes them to say if something is pretty/acceptable/sexy then the opposite must be UN sexy and that is totally not the case at all.

cameron diaz Sexy
    lane bryants fave model Sexy too BOTH sexy. Where is the rulebook that says we have to choose only one.

By the way I like BOTH chocolate AND pizza, raw almonds AND almond pastries with a million calories. Mutually exclusive people, look it up.
  • LittleMica
    Options
    Oh, course guys like girls like that and they always will. The good thing is that guys love other types of girls too! My guy likes me and even though I would mind a Photoshop, I think I look great!

The goal is to bet better bodied but not to fit “his” mold or societies mold.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think curvy and tattooed is hot!! ...and so does the hubby... GO CURVY!! :)

How curvy do you think you'll still be after you lose those 100 lbs?
This discussion has been closed.