Replies

• Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'd be getting a divorce
  • leenna50
    leenna50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    JUST MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP............................

EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENCE CIRCUMSTANCES AND OPINIONS IN LIFE - YOU CAN'T MAKE YOUR DECICISION ON WHAT WE HERE ON THE INTERNET THINK - ITS A DANGEROUS GAME TO PLAY.

YOU WILL KNOW WHAT THE BEST STEP TO TAKE IS WITHOUT ANYONE INPINGING ON YOUR FUTURE LIFE

YOU EITHER STAY OR GO. SIMPLE AS THAT ! ITS YOUR DECISION.......................... no one esles.
  • BobMcCloskey
    BobMcCloskey Posts: 117
    Options
    WOW! My wife an I are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary this year. We are both practicing Born Again Christians, with a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ. She still gets insecure from time to time, and worries that I will "stray". I've learned over the years that when she gets this way, to not become offended, and instead to comfort her, reassure her, and be very affectionate toward her. We just had this conversation a few weeks ago when she was feeling this way, because she saw a lot of attractive women in my MFP friends list. Since she is a very attractive woman, who interacts with police, firefighters, and EMT's every day, (She is a licensed paramedic and registered nurse), I turned it around and reminded her that she has more exposure and more opportunity to cheat than I do. This then turned into a discussion about forgiveness within a marriage, and how difficult it can be to work on a marriage. She then said, "I don't think I could forgive you if you ever cheated on me, I would divorce you." I replied, "Thank God that it won't ever happen!" Then she asked me, "Well what would you do if you ever caught me cheating on you?" I laughed and gave her an answer that she totally did not expect; "I would probably join in, calmly send him home when we were done, give her a solo round 2, and then kick her out." I next reminded her what I posted on my teen step-daughter's FB page as a warning to the boys if any of them ever hurt her... "With 26 years of martial arts and para-military training, I know how to make what happens to you next look like an accident!"

The most important point here is, that no one is immune from temptation. We as a couple have discussed this potential within our own marriage. We both work very hard at reassuring the other that the other is loved, valued, and appreciated by being affectionate toward one another, and daily expressing our love for one another both verbally, and with gestures of kindness and consideration. We pray and worship together regularly. I try to ask her out on a date at least once a month. I flirt with her via text when she is at work, I focus my sexual energy and attention on her. So far, it seems to be working!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    WOW! My wife an I are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary this year. We are both practicing Born Again Christians, with a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ. She still gets insecure from time to time, and worries that I will "stray". I've learned over the years that when she gets this way, to not become offended, and instead to comfort her, reassure her, and be very affectionate toward her. We just had this conversation a few weeks ago when she was feeling this way, because she saw a lot of attractive women in my MFP friends list. Since she is a very attractive woman, who interacts with police, firefighters, and EMT's every day, (She is a licensed paramedic and registered nurse), I turned it around and reminded her that she has more exposure and more opportunity to cheat than I do. This then turned into a discussion about forgiveness within a marriage, and how difficult it can be to work on a marriage. She then said, "I don't think I could forgive you if you ever cheated on me, I would divorce you." I replied, "Thank God that it won't ever happen!" Then she asked me, "Well what would you do if you ever caught me cheating on you?" I laughed and gave her an answer that she totally did not expect; "I would probably join in, calmly send him home when we were done, give her a solo round 2, and then kick her out." I next reminded her what I posted on my teen step-daughter's FB page as a warning to the boys if any of them ever hurt her... "With 26 years of martial arts and para-military training, I know how to make what happens to you next look like an accident!"

The most important point here is, that no one is immune from temptation. We as a couple have discussed this potential within our own marriage. We both work very hard at reassuring the other that the other is loved, valued, and appreciated by being affectionate toward one another, and daily expressing our love for one another both verbally, and with gestures of kindness and consideration. We pray and worship together regularly. I try to ask her out on a date at least once a month. I flirt with her via text when she is at work, I focus my sexual energy and attention on her. So far, it seems to be working!

LOVE this answer. :)
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Been married 17 years...3 kids, youngest is in highschool. Have built a great life, lots of toys, own our home outright, no money worries, etc..etc...

If I discovered my wife was having an affair, I would take a trip to a lawyer, everything would get liquidated, split down the middle and we would go our separate ways. I would still love her, but I would never trust her again, and I can't share my life with someone I cannot trust.

I know however this will never happen. So I don't generally worry about it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll tell you what I did...

I dug my key into the side
    of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
    carved my name into his leather seats...
    I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
    slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.
  • jenibob
    jenibob Posts: 5
    Options
    Oops
  • jenibob
    jenibob Posts: 5
    Options
    1) belongings packed (his) and dropped in front yard, ready for him to collect
    2) His car trashed
    3) any belongings that he dosnt wear trashed
    4)her face trashed
    5) i would show him exactly what he had given up, this includes access to his child.

O.H knows this, he knows exactly how i feel.

Iv already told him, if he is bored with me/us and finds he wants to be with someone else, then he is to tell me an go.... theres no excuse to cheat. Just leave.

Yip this.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I know I would not get a divorce thats for sure, cuz you can't divorce a dead guy.

QFT.