Men and Women have different discussions..........

Options
12346»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Okay while reading the mfp forums today, the male posting, he appears to be at least 35 years old, was posting about the hair salon and people that work and get their hair cut there. He was saying that they were saying lots of "I can't stand her" and "I don't like her" and basic criticism of other females was the topic of conversation.
    Lol get it right...........I'm 49.:laugh:
    Now some will say it's just a single incident, but I've noticed this with other mfp posts when males carry on conversations with others
    If I go to facebook (rarity since I'm usually busy with other stuff), the females talk about science, politics, yoga, dance, fitness and share articles to discuss amongst all.
    Your friends should come here and share then.
    So I gotta feel this has an effect on how males view themselves whenever they are assessing themselves.
    What does this have to do about penis size?:laugh:
    This is just my observation from experiences.

Why are men like this? Do you think that we should say stuff about how we dislike men and should never be friends with them? Should we talk about how crazy, petty, catty, and juvenile men are? Should men talk about how they are nothing like other men? Do you think a man could ever be president? Or would they just post messages on forums talking about what women talk about?

Thoughts?
    This is actually pretty funny. I totally get the sarcasm. Thanks.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    These threads bum me out. First someone paints women as catty with a broad brush (no pun intended), and then a bunch of women agree with this tripe and pile on saying "that's why I have only guy friends" blah blah. Well I'm no misogynist, this crap makes me disappointed in everyone equally.
    Lol, you make it seem as if I said ALL women are like this when that's certainly not the case.

IDEA Fitness member
    Of course that's not the case, but if you're going to be obtuse about how your post implied otherwise then the conversation is a non-starter and I get to be right and wrap myself up in the rightness. Like a burrito. Of rightness.
    Or it could just be that I just hear this in salons when I go. I wasn't being subjective about it, I'm just amused that it happens in front of me and wished they served popcorn.

IDEA Fitness member

From within Rightness Burrito, any reply from you other than "okay yeah, I knew what I would start when I wrote this" comes through as dolphin squeaks.
    Lol, and you do realize that dolphins are probably the most intelligent animal in the world (next to humanoids of course............well maybe even more than some:laugh: )?
    I'm waiting for my sardines now.

IDEA Fitness member
    Tumbleweed gif no workie. Sniff.
    No a sardine gif, not tumbleweed.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Okay while reading the mfp forums today, the male posting, he appears to be at least 35 years old, was posting about the hair salon and people that work and get their hair cut there. He was saying that they were saying lots of "I can't stand her" and "I don't like her" and basic criticism of other females was the topic of conversation.
    Now some will say it's just a single incident, but I've noticed this with other mfp posts when males carry on conversations with others
    If I go to facebook (rarity since I'm usually busy with other stuff), the females talk about science, politics, yoga, dance, fitness and share articles to discuss amongst all.
    So I gotta feel this has an effect on how males view themselves whenever they are assessing themselves.

Why are men like this? Do you think that we should say stuff about how we dislike men and should never be friends with them? Should we talk about how crazy, petty, catty, and juvenile men are? Should men talk about how they are nothing like other men? Do you think a man could ever be president? Or would they just post messages on forums talking about what women talk about?

Thoughts?

IDEA Fitness member

Ok, good. I was just trying to be funny and didn't want to offend. :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Thoughts?

IDEA Fitness member

Ok, good. I was just trying to be funny and didn't want to offend. :wink:
    I'd only be offended if you said sammiches suck.:laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    i'm intj and female; my interactions do not largely entail, nail polish, fashion, or sports. how about, "different people have different discussions"? tired of gender generalizations. kthnxbye.
    Oh, thank God--another INTJ female! :drinker:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Way to perpetuate the idea that all women are b*itches who hate each other, and spend their time talking about nothing else other than how much of a hor Susan is, and how Annie's hair looks like s*hit.

To all women who have posted about how they can't get along with other women, it's time to grow out of the hischool phase of your lives.
    Seriously, every time someone says "other women don't like me, so I only have guys friends", what I actually hear is " I am kind'of a burlitch, and I'd rather put women down to get all the male attention".

Also, womenz is just like people, yo. I promise.

I believe you are misunderstanding some of us women who only have guy friends if you believe we would rather put women down to get all the male attention:

1. I get plenty of male attention via other avenues (intelligent, non-vapid conversation, for one) without having to resort to putting down other women. I don't quite understand how putting down other women would get a man's attention anyhow.
    2. I believe most women know what's best for themselves and for me this means hanging out with people I enjoy, not people whom I have to endure.
    3. And I'm not certain what you mean by "it's time to grow out of the hischool phase of your lives."

Honestly, you seem a lot like the 'mean girls' that abound at every high school in the world...kind of angry and critical. And I don't think I have ever called anyone a *kitten* or made fun of anyone's hair.

And I do not "not get along" with other women and fight with them: I have rather neutral interactions with most because we just don't have that much in common. There's a difference.