Not losing weight and very frustrated.

Options
123457»

Replies

• marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    sidricks wrote: »
    I use a digital scale. Yes, I was using MFP for the apples, and will start using my scale from now on, however, for most everything else, I use the digital scale or what the food package states. like my slice of break. Like I said many days I'm not even eating 1,000 calories so accounting for making mistakes I should still be under and certainly not gain 3lbs in the last two weeks. Many people on MFP state that even 1,200 is too low.

Since it looks to you like I'm not open to any of your suggestions (which is not true, it's just the way it's presented that's upsetting) and that I just want to make more excuses this will be my last post. For those of you who sincerely tried to help me I say thank you. Good luck to all of you in your weight loss journey.

Ok I'm going to say something crazy. I was on seroquel five years ago. The cravings and appetite spikes were horrendous. There were times in the middle of the night that I had woken up and went to the fridge and ate food and seriously didn't realize it until I was half done or finished. That drug messes with your brain. Perhaps you have been eating at night and not realizing it. I'm not trying to insult you. I have just been in that situation. There are other alternatives to that drug. Please save yourself a lot of grief and try and get off it

You didn't insult me. My goal is to get off of Seroquel and as my post states I'm now down from 400 to 300mg. It has to be discontinued slowly. Unfortunately I am on it due to serious sleep issues. We've tried everything over many years time and nothing works. Tomorrow I have an appointment to start acupuncture and will address the sleep issue.

Now may I ask for people to please stop giving me their advice. I'm no longer asking for it.

My post was to proudly announce that I've lost 6lbs in the last month since lowering the Seroquel. I'm no longer doing cheat days so no more discussion about that. I'm trying to eat a well balanced diet (at least today I did/am).

So I'm begging you, please no more advice, suggestions about what I'm doing wrong, etc. etc. etc. I'm no longer asking for help. Period. So unless it's to congratulate me on my weight loss.... I wish you all success in your weight loss journey's.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mary, I'm glad to hear you're making progress! That 6 pounds shows an amazing improvement in your metabolism from your medication adjustment. I think your plan to move forward with accurate logging to take advantage of this going on is a really good one.

I wish everyone but Caitwn would stop replying to your thread, though!
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    PeachyCarol,

Thank you!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    sidricks wrote: »
    I use a digital scale. Yes, I was using MFP for the apples, and will start using my scale from now on, however, for most everything else, I use the digital scale or what the food package states. like my slice of break. Like I said many days I'm not even eating 1,000 calories so accounting for making mistakes I should still be under and certainly not gain 3lbs in the last two weeks. Many people on MFP state that even 1,200 is too low.

Since it looks to you like I'm not open to any of your suggestions (which is not true, it's just the way it's presented that's upsetting) and that I just want to make more excuses this will be my last post. For those of you who sincerely tried to help me I say thank you. Good luck to all of you in your weight loss journey.

Ok I'm going to say something crazy. I was on seroquel five years ago. The cravings and appetite spikes were horrendous. There were times in the middle of the night that I had woken up and went to the fridge and ate food and seriously didn't realize it until I was half done or finished. That drug messes with your brain. Perhaps you have been eating at night and not realizing it. I'm not trying to insult you. I have just been in that situation. There are other alternatives to that drug. Please save yourself a lot of grief and try and get off it

You didn't insult me. My goal is to get off of Seroquel and as my post states I'm now down from 400 to 300mg. It has to be discontinued slowly. Unfortunately I am on it due to serious sleep issues. We've tried everything over many years time and nothing works. Tomorrow I have an appointment to start acupuncture and will address the sleep issue.

Now may I ask for people to please stop giving me their advice. I'm no longer asking for it.

My post was to proudly announce that I've lost 6lbs in the last month since lowering the Seroquel. I'm no longer doing cheat days so no more discussion about that. I'm trying to eat a well balanced diet (at least today I did/am).

So I'm begging you, please no more advice, suggestions about what I'm doing wrong, etc. etc. etc. I'm no longer asking for help. Period. So unless it's to congratulate me on my weight loss.... I wish you all success in your weight loss journey's.

There's a reason people are "still" giving you advice: When you come back to an old thread and post an update at the end, many people will only read the first few posts and then respond. They won't know you just updated a month old thread. Many won't have even read your update and are just responding to your original question on the first page or two.

So one last piece of advice: it's an internet forum, don't expect to be able to control people's responses.

This. I actually didn't recognize it was a necro'd thread until I saw links to five pages at the bottom. I do like hearing updates though! And I'm glad you've found a way to succeed. Just don't be surprised that people aren't paying attention to the later replies; I think it's partially human nature when threads get this long.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You had a cheat day on Sunday and weighed yourself on Monday. I.e you just gained a bunch of water weight and its masking your actual progress. Weigh yourself every day, and look at the average for the week, otherwise you're going to get frustrated if you have one bad weigh in a week.

^^ agree with this.