Anyone else feel crushed by all the "No" foods?

Options
1235»

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have no "no foods"....
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "no foods".
    Unless it tastes bad.

Eat food you enjoy, count calories and maintain a deficit. That's it.

yes.

^ This.

I agree 110%
    tumblr_m3xijzfdCa1qkyefy.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't let my food tell me no. I'm the boss here, not my food.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    What is a NO food ?

Scratches head. confused. Looking around for a slice of bacon and dark chocolate .....
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    When people with bad diets complain about our healthy food, it's not that our food lacks flavor - it's that they've desensitized their taste buds by constantly spiking them with endless hits of sugar, salt, and fat mixed with the standard cheap fillers like white flour.

100% agree with this. The standard American diet is so amped up on salt, sugar, and fat that it becomes normal to people who regularly eat a SAD diet. When you retrain your taste buds, a whole new world of subtle, yet delicious flavors emerges.
  • Huebras
    Huebras Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For every article or research that advocates eating a certain food, there is an equal and opposite article that will tell you to avoid it. At one time it was that eggs were supposedly terrible for you, and then eggs were a superfood, and then they were terrible again, and then they're great again. There will always be new research, new findings, new "groundbreaking" discoveries about which foods are good and bad.... but the bottom line is, humans have been eating food since the beginning of time. They ate corn, bread, fruit, eggs, milk, etc. And now new research is telling us that these things are detrimental to our existence. Honestly, take everything you read with a grain of salt. There are pros and cons to every food. Don't live your life constantly trying to eat perfectly. You will be miserable. When you die, will it really matter that you ate gluten, even if it wasn't necessarily the healthiest option? Do what works for you. Make healthier choices without going to extremes. Extremes are not maintainable!

This is almost verbatim what I was thinking of replying.... scary. Just kidding but close. The only thing I might add is "calories in-Calories out". Burn more than you take in and you will lose weight.
  • kad7465
    kad7465 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU! You must be reading my mind, I ABSOLUTELY feel the same way!! At least you had the courage to come out and say it! I don't know how much more I can take either I would like to enjoy eating healthy but I run into the same issues it’s exhausting! I feel very down about it as well you’re not alone.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    The only foods I can't or wont eat are those I don't like, am allergic to or stay away from due to salt causing my BP to go way up.
    So no mango or peaches since I'm allergic, no processed foods due to all of the salt and I don't like pasta. So no pasta for me. I eat just about everything else but in moderation and I've lost 80 lbs.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'll never restrict myself to foods ever again - this is why WeightWatcers, when I tried it, didn't work for me, too much restrictions. I eat what I want (for the most part) in moderation. If I know I want to go to McDonald's, I make room in my day for that. Never restrict yourself, you'll end up hitting rock bottom, which seems like what you're going through right now. Keep your head up :)

With Weight Watchers, I can eat whatever I want. There are absolutely no restrictions.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Then don't avoid them. If you're feeling crushed by it, then food avoidance is not for you. This is supposed to be a lifestyle change but if what you're doing now doesn't seem like something you can do forever, find another method.

Round peg (your lifestyle) into a square hole (food avoidance), stop trying to shove it in there. It's not going to fit.

You'll just make yourself miserable trying.
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    All foods are fine if not over consumed. The End.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

For the win^^^