fast metabolism diet

Options
124»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I DO NOT EAT BACK ANY EXERCISE CALORIES BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY I BURNED. I strictly eat 1600 calories and that's it. I like to write stuff down more than putting it on here. That's it. I know exactly what I eat, and how much. There's no over eating or eating back any other calories.

OK may I ask when you write down the calories you have eaten how are you judging it?

Do you weigh your food?
    What calorie databases are you looking up?
    Do you log absolutely everything and accurately?

You have a thyroid condition? Are your blood tests showing this is under control because that can affect your ability to lose weight as it affects the CO side of the CICO equation

I can see you getting uptight here .. but people really are trying to help

No fad diet based on bro-science to sell a book is going to help, unless it is what makes you stick to an appropriate calorie defecit
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    FRICKING NECRO THREAD

WHY?
  • BOC57
    BOC57 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of the fast metabolism diet by Haylie Pomroy? A couple people I follow on IG have done it, and got really good results, and was thinking about trying it...

I've been reading the book, Cbowman. Like you I've found a straight "calorie in vs calorie out" approach is often not enough. Eating 1500 calories of junk food is not the same as 1500 calories of good nutritious whole foods. I think there is a lot to learn from the book, even if you choose not to follow the diet. But it is not for everyone, to be sure. If you don't intend on eating relatively sugar free, as organic as affordable or doing a lot of cooking, then it is not a viable approach. I found her information about the body and metabolism to be helpful. Her take on highly processed foods, genetically modified vegetables and industrialized food supply (you know hormones in our meats and dairy etc.) is something to be considered. You can get the book from Amazon for about$13.00. Not a bad investment if you like to learn new things, and some of her recipes look delicious. I've actually ordered the cookbook. I recommend ordering a hard copy because the tables in my Kindle copy didn't translate well. I haven't tried the diet........yet. But it's intriguing. I've been sugar free (except for those naturally occurring in fruits) for 6 weeks now. I find sugar to be so terribly addicting that I am afraid to even try it again. I still have 25lbs to take off and so I'm considering this. By the way, what is IG? I'd like to hear from some people who have actually done the diet and how it went for them..

• Sued0nim
    Options
    BOC57 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard of the fast metabolism diet by Haylie Pomroy? A couple people I follow on IG have done it, and got really good results, and was thinking about trying it...

I've been reading the book, Cbowman. Like you I've found a straight "calorie in vs calorie out" approach is often not enough. Eating 1500 calories of junk food is not the same as 1500 calories of good nutritious whole foods. I think there is a lot to learn from the book, even if you choose not to follow the diet. But it is not for everyone, to be sure. If you don't intend on eating relatively sugar free, as organic as affordable or doing a lot of cooking, then it is not a viable approach. I found her information about the body and metabolism to be helpful. Her take on highly processed foods, genetically modified vegetables and industrialized food supply (you know hormones in our meats and dairy etc.) is something to be considered. You can get the book from Amazon for about$13.00. Not a bad investment if you like to learn new things, and some of her recipes look delicious. I've actually ordered the cookbook. I recommend ordering a hard copy because the tables in my Kindle copy didn't translate well. I haven't tried the diet........yet. But it's intriguing. I've been sugar free (except for those naturally occurring in fruits) for 6 weeks now. I find sugar to be so terribly addicting that I am afraid to even try it again. I still have 25lbs to take off and so I'm considering this. By the way, what is IG? I'd like to hear from some people who have actually done the diet and how it went for them..

In terms of weight loss yes it is
    In terms of nutritional balance and overall healthy no it isn't

Sugar is not the devil .. organic is not a necessary dieting choice.

Her information about the metabolism is incorrect - how can that be helpful

Sounds like she works on scare and conspiracy theories and not science

but apart from that .. sure .. if it appeals to you do so .. but please do so knowing that much of what she speaks is drivel
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    also

wsl7b9.jpg
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

So identical measurements of energy are not the same? Sugars which are chemically identical are somehow different? Pomroy's site links to quacks like Mercola as her supporting evidence ... flawed premises using flawed support. What she spouts isn't science ... it's marketing hype. If you believe her, there is no point being on MFP or any other calorie tracking/counting site since Pomroy states "calories are a lie." (never mind that she then sells a book outlining a restrictive, low calorie diet)

This is what she advocates to "boost your wellness." http://hayliepomroy.com/wellness-way-use-coffee/
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    FRICKING NECRO THREAD

WHY?

It hasn't been dead TOO long, though!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Find one person here who advocates a diet of 1500 calories of "junk" food and you'll have a point.

Otherwise...dismissed.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Does the diet involve DNP or clen? Then chances are you aren't going to see a change in your BMR.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Does the diet involve DNP or clen? Then chances are you aren't going to see a change in your BMR.
    What is dnp or clen?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    What is dnp or clen?
    Drugs you don't want to take without medical supervision.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    What is dnp or clen?

Steroids.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options

My #1 rule is to never believe something called "The _________ Diet."
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Seems like absolute crap to me. Just someone trying to make money out of people by inventing some rubbish to convince people to give um money.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I was not aware that metabolisms had their own though process and that you can "keep them guessing"....[/quote]

Mine gets confused when I feed it cauliflower. Then it gets sad.[/quote]

Maybe if you added some cheese it would be happier. :)

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

well hello stawman!
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    @cbowman1114 gotta wonder what you decided to do and how you're doing
  • RedVonMunster
    RedVonMunster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I have not.

That said...I tend to be very wary of anything called "The ____________ Diet", especially if it comes in the form of a book you have to purchase.

"Eat less calories than you burn" doesn't have a particularly catchy title, but it works.

In just about all cases, this is the only answer needed.