2 yrs of MFP - 130+ lost, 9 months maintaining (with pics)

Options

Replies

• libelluler
    libelluler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I am halfway through my journey of 140lbs to lose and your words really hit home to me. I especially love the before and after picture of you and your son.
  • Barbsunshine
    Barbsunshine Posts: 398
    Options
    I really like the photobombing goat.

Me too :happy:
  • niftyfoodie
    niftyfoodie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So motivating. We have very similar before stats (5'10" 298 lbs. starting weight), and I remember thinking...120 lbs. is crazy. There's no way I can do this. I still can't believe I'm halfway there...your story inspired me today. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • lcbowz
    lcbowz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are an inspiration!
  • dclove0912
    dclove0912 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I bookmarked this thread so I can look back at it when I'm having a low day where I just want to eat the contents of the pantry. Congratulations! You look fantastic :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! YOu look AMAZING!! Awesome Work!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Lauren344
    Lauren344 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration!
    You look amazing.

I'm also the same hight as you and im heavier than you was when you started I'm now 313lb after loosing 17lb.
    I hope one day ill have my own story like yours And iv always thought 175lb on my frame would look way to thin but now you have changed my mind.

Thank you for posting this.
  • TinaReinholz
    Options
    Amazing!!! You've done an awesome job, thanx for sharing and inspiring others :D
  • CharleneG_Barnes
    CharleneG_Barnes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well said.....I have been on MFP for 400+ days and have lost 123 pounds so far, I am within 20 pounds of my current goal (weight wise) but have learned and changed in so many other ways.
    Now my thoughts wonder to how will I maintain, but I know that it too will be a process and I can do that too.
    Thank you for sharing. :smile:
  • grandevampire
    Options
    "Hey girl, maybe you could lose some weight?"

Was that Ryan Gosling's voice? I could understand why it was so convincing. ;)

Way to go, all these success stories are inspiring me everyday and one of the few things that genuinely make me grin with joy during my day.
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for this post! I read every word. You are so very inspiring and look so healthy, happy and strong. I can't wait to get there.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You are amazing! And I love the photo-bombing goat.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    "Hey girl, maybe you could lose some weight?"

Was that Ryan Gosling's voice? I could understand why it was so convincing. ;)

Thank you for noticing. Yes, it definitely was. He often makes up my inner dialogue.
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    "Quietly and consistently work towards building a better you." That describes my story in a nutshell.

This is without a doubt the BEST success story I've ever read on MFP. Seriously, this has publication potential. :-)

Congratulations on your amazing transformation, physically AND spiritually. You're destined for great things, my friend. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
  • johnsb25
    johnsb25 Posts: 1
    Options
    I literally teared up while reading your story. I live in minneapolis too and I just recently had a baby and am trying to lose all of that extra weight finally! Congratulations and I hope I can post awesome before and after pics in 9 months (or less!) when I reach my ultimate goals.
  • angee1126
    angee1126 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I loved the way your story was written, kept me interested the whole way through!! You look great! :drinker:
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! This story just hit home with me. Thank you for sharing your journey with MFP. You are an excellent writer and an inspiration!
  • starfish1783
    starfish1783 Posts: 120
    Options
    You look amazing! You're truly an inspiration to all of us! :flowerforyou:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

So what's ahead? There is no diet to go off of. There is no "ultimate goal" anymore. There's just me, and though I am already (and have always been) good enough, I'll keep forging ahead. I'll quietly and consistently become a better - stronger, faster, more awesome - version of myself. And when I fall down, as I inevitably will, I'll brush myself off and get right back up.

I love, love, love this. ^^^ Congratulations. You are such an inspiration.
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this story. Although I don't have as much to lose, the scale truly put a sour mood on me today and you have turned that around with this story. Keep on truckn girl we are all proud of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!