June 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 thanks! Sorry to hear about your ankle. I saw on your news feed your run and I thought to myself, that seems short for you. :cry: take care of yourself.

• MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    June 3 - 1.7
    June 5 - 1.7

exercise.png

exercise.png

• 31flavors
    31flavors Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    June 3..........2.94 miles
    June 6..........3.35 miles
    June 7..........4 miles

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @SBRRepeat - That mannequin repurposing is great!
    @skippygirlsmom - I like that bib organizer. I just keep mine tucked away wondering what, if anything I'm going to do with them.
    @emmy15rocks and @ddmom0811 - Hope those ankles are OK.

Today was supposed to be a rest day but I did not get a run in yesterday so I swapped days and ran today. It will make my weekly mileage last week and this week look weird, but for the month my mileage should be no different.

6/2 - 4.1 miles
    6/3 - 4 miles (8.1 total)
    6/4 - 4.1 miles (12.2 total)
    6/6 -13.4 miles (25.6 total)
    6/8 - 6 miles (31.6 total)

Goal 130 miles

exercise.png

• corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    6/1: 0 miles
    6/2: 5 miles
    6/3: 0 miles
    6/4: 0 miles
    6/5: 2 miles
    6/6: 8 miles
    6/7: 2 miles

Total for Week 1: 17 miles
    Goal: 95 miles
  • KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    exercise.png[img][/img]
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    6/02/15 - 6.25 miles
    6/03/15 - 3.3 miles
    6/04/15 - 6 miles
    6/05/15 - 3.55 miles
    6/07/15 - 4 miles worth of my 10k race before it got cancelled due to lightning, and 6 miles on the treadmill to satisfy the training schedule, which does not allow for split workouts.
    6/08/15 - 12 mile long run, logged before I step on the treadmill because I need the extra motivation to make it happen, today.

The race was going REALLY well, too. I feel robbed of what was on track for a sub-60 10k. My GPS says I had 4 miles done in 38:38 - and I started that fully a minute before the chip timer starting line - so it includes the funnel trudge towards the start. I have signed up for a 5k next Saturday, in which to prove once and for all that I can run a sub-30 5k.

exercise.png

• tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    6/1--3.12 miles
    6/2--Yoga
    6/3--4.58 miles
    6/4--yoga
    6/5--4.5 miles
    6/6--6.12 miles
    6/7--rest
    6/8--3.24 miles
    Now, I have to catch up on my reading. Has anyone ever heard of a runner's low? I saw a question about it on another site. I had never heard of such a thing. This person experienced it after their races. I was wondering if that was an emotional response or something.

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - I like that bib organizer. I just keep mine tucked away wondering what, if anything I'm going to do with them.

@whatmerunning They have a million different kinds. I keep finding me all over my car LOL the other day I found last year's Cotton Row in back of my SUV and what kills me is that one is worth money in the Fleet Feet store, which is probably why I left it in the car to start with. You buy something and show the bib and you get money off.

• JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ - I'm glad you shared your excitement over this race! Marathon, 10K, 1/2K, it's all running! Congrats too on getting under 30min! Very Speedy!!!
    @scoutmomof8 - Welcome! I started with C25K a few years ago and haven't stopped since (unless injured, so try not to get injured) Many blessings! Looking forward to seeing your posts here!
    @SBRRepeat - Lovely photo! Very attractive way to display your sport giftings! Our bike rack is a monster of one- holding 5 bikes- The only way it would work here would be to use it as our coffee-table centerpiece! ;)
    @ddmom0811 - I'm praying for your ankle. Be safe.

3miles today. 12 planned for tomorrow.

exercise.png
  • emmy15rocks
    emmy15rocks Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @emmy15rocks and @ddmom0811 - Hope those ankles are OK.

Mine seems to be better, managed a couple of miles today so I am super happy :) been dying to get out on a run for days XD

• isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

1/6 - Recovery
    2/6 - 14.4 miles (2 runs Trail) Hill repeats
    3/6 - 11.2 Miles (Trail easy pace)
    4/6 - 12.9 Miles (Trail) More Hills
    5/6 - Recovery
    6/6 - 7.3 miles Trail including a bounce
    7/6 - Recovery day moved due to previous bouncing
    8/6 - 18.4 miles Road

An easy paced road run just to get some miles in today. Back to the trails tomorrow

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Great pace! Aren't there some fun things on Etsy? I got a medal hanger and had them add special brackets to hang on a cubicle wall. I love it!

@isulo_kura - OUCH! Hope that doesn't feel as sore as it looks!

All - looks like it was a great weekend! I missed a lot of good stuff. 7 baseball games in 2 days meant no time for "social networking".

6/1 - 4.0 miles, still a little tender from Saturday's race
    6/2 - 4.25 miles; 8.25/120
    6/3 - 4 miles, indoor track; weights/abs
    6/4 - 4.9 miles, Trek/treadmill - would it kill my Y to put some fans in the cardio room?!?
    6/5 - 4.4 miles, a little humid, but nice!
    6/6 - planned rest day
    6/7 - 8.1 miles, STICKY...summer is here for sure.
    6/8 - unplanned rest day - all that time watching baseball in the sun sucked it out of me.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    16 and counting
    • 01 - 1.8 mi (rainy)
    • 06 - 7.4 mi
    • 08 - 6.8 mi (hill climb)
    c45bf3027cad941.gif

• run_cmc
    run_cmc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Goal: 25 miles per week for 100 total.

Week one- 29 miles.
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

I'm back again for another month of running but I've been doing a lot of yoga because all my muscles have been getting really tight and it's been making running really unpleasant. But the yoga has really been helping a whole lot. Especially with the tight hips and calves that I was getting. :smile:

June 2 - yoga
    June 3 - yoga
    June 4 - yoga and a 10k hike
    June 5 - 5k
    June 8 - 5k and yoga
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    10k long run.
    44.6/100
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options

@whatmerunning They have a million different kinds. I keep finding me all over my car LOL the other day I found last year's Cotton Row in back of my SUV and what kills me is that one is worth money in the Fleet Feet store, which is probably why I left it in the car to start with. You buy something and show the bib and you get money off.

Cottton Row is one of the best
  • caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Did my long run today 7.3 miles so a total this month so far of 14.3 leaving 60.7 to go.

Another 4.3 today giving me a total of 18.6 leaving 56.4 left to go for this month.

Today's run was tough, I'm not going to lie. I had to dig deep not to stop after the first 2 miles and I resented every step today. Still I persevered which is definite progress for me
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

Cottton Row is one of the best

Best bib or best race @stingrayinfl ?