June 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• emmy15rocks
    emmy15rocks Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @emmy15rocks I don't know if this will help with your tense shoulders but Skip's coach tells the kids when they are tense to relax their hands. I call it potato chips hands, you know you don't want to grab your chips tight or they will break. We were at a XC meet one time and I heard a coach yell at this team "potato chip fingers!!!". I thought I would die laughing.
    Yeah thats what a lot of people have suggested but I always keep my hands relaxed so it's not that XD That's a funny way to describe it though haha!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    @stoshew71 okay so the alarm went off this morning and I rolled over and got up and thought, it's bright for 4:20 and looked at the clock it was 5:05...so I hit the snooze 3 times and that is my story on why I wasn't at the run this morning. Honestly I really wanted to go, I had my work clothes in the car and everything last night. LOL

Fine, you will just have to run with us Saturday morning then.

@stoshew71 what time and where is that?

• Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

June 2 - yoga
    June 3 - yoga
    June 4 - yoga and a 10k hike
    June 5 - 5k
    June 8 - 5k and yoga
    June 10 - yoga
    June 11 - 6k and yoga
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    When I woke up at 5am this morning my RHR was just slightly elevated so I debated if I should run. I checked the forecast and it was going to start raining very soon. My nips are destroyed from all of the wet runs lately...bodyglide only goes so far apparently. So I decided to not run. An hour later my RHR was down towards normal...and it didn't rain! GAH!!

So now I'm looking at the forecast and I can run in the mid 80s this afternoon. My Saturday long run looks like a total washout. So my brain is saying don't trust the forecast and get my planned 6 miles in today, rest tomorrow and pull off the planned 16 miler Saturday and 8 on Sunday. But my poor nips are saying I should skip today and do the 16 miler tomorrow when it will be dry, then play it by ear Saturday and Sunday for the 2nd long run.

It's the first time in my adult male life that my nips are contributing to decisions. This is awkward.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    When I woke up at 5am this morning my RHR was just slightly elevated so I debated if I should run. I checked the forecast and it was going to start raining very soon. My nips are destroyed from all of the wet runs lately...bodyglide only goes so far apparently. So I decided to not run. An hour later my RHR was down towards normal...and it didn't rain! GAH!!

So now I'm looking at the forecast and I can run in the mid 80s this afternoon. My Saturday long run looks like a total washout. So my brain is saying don't trust the forecast and get my planned 6 miles in today, rest tomorrow and pull off the planned 16 miler Saturday and 8 on Sunday. But my poor nips are saying I should skip today and do the 16 miler tomorrow when it will be dry, then play it by ear Saturday and Sunday for the 2nd long run.

It's the first time in my adult male life that my nips are contributing to decisions. This is awkward.

I hate to laugh but you have me rolling on the floor here, when I got to "nips are contributing to decisions" tears started to roll I was laughing so hard. I have zero advice on the running, but if you were a woman I'd tell you to get a better bra. I love the new picture by the way. Oh wait, run without a shirt. Sorry to laugh at your pain. :lol:
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »

I'll be doing my first "vacation" run tomorrow night. My son is in a high school trap shooting tournament (The largest shooting event the world with over 5600 high school kids registered!) on Friday and I plan on running on a nearby trail the night before. My first time packing my running gear...I hope I don't forget anything!

The trap shooting sounds like fun! When I packed for vacation last week Allen said "you are taking more running clothes than anything else" LOL

Go Yankees :wink:

Bronx Bombers! :mrgreen:

I may come over Sunday afternoon for the Army celebration run at Fleet Feet. Late in the day for me and I may run Hatfield McCoy Sat..but, I would like to come over. Boston Strong!!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - No worries, I'm laughing about it too. My nips are peeved at me, but I'm trying to keep them in line and remind them who's in charge here. :tongue:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    6/1 rest
    6/2 -2.25 hot sore miles, Reformer Pilate's
    6/3- rest
    6/4- doc visit. Resting SIJ
    6/5- 4.60
    6/6- rest
    6/7- 3.74 hot,medicine trots :O
    6/8- rest,stretch
    6/9- 3.20 (HI 100°) will try to get in a cooler evening run too.
    6/10- swim
    6/11-  3.85 medicine trots again

Think I'd welcome the nip problem instead of the diarrhea I have from my new med. EVERY run, I am gauging how far can I get from the port a potty... Heat & diarrhea does not make for a good run, and I'm getting cranky for a good 6 miles. And it like 180° in the porta john. SI pain is better, and my calf doesn't hurt anymore, barely.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    @whatmerunning you'll love this, don't feel so bad look what us women endure.

http://runhaven.com/2015/04/24/7-things-female-runners-deal/

@elise4270 yeah diarrhea is the devil when you are running. Sorry you are having an issue, happy the SI and calf are better.
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    June 1- 5.05
    June 2- 2.92 & Pump
    June 3- 5.18
    June 4- 2 ™ & Pump
    June 5- 6.04 trail
    June 6- 3.3 hills!
    June 7- rest
    June 8- 5.2
    June 9- 3 & Pump
    June 10- 5.16 trail- slow and social :-)
    June 11- 3 & Pump

exercise.png

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    6/02/15 - 6.25 miles
    6/03/15 - 3.3 miles
    6/04/15 - 6 miles
    6/05/15 - 3.55 miles
    6/07/15 - 4 miles, and 6 miles
    6/08/15 - 12 miles
    6/10/15 - 5 miles
    6/11/15 - 2.9 miles - The training plan called for 6, but I'm not feeling it, today. Maybe I'll be able to make it up after my race on Saturday.

exercise.png

• chazdiezal
    chazdiezal Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    6/1...4 mi
    6/2...3 mi
    6/3...5 mi
    6/4...Rest
    6/5...Rest
    6/6...6 mi
    6/7...2.5 mi
    6/8...Rest
    6/9...3 mi
    6/10...5 mi
    6/11...3 mi

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Thanks, that does help to keep some perspective. Things could always be worse.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    But my poor nips are saying I should skip today and do the 16 miler tomorrow when it will be dry, then play it by ear Saturday and Sunday for the 2nd long run.

Sounds like your nips have some coaching experience. I'd keep them on your team.

• mwyvr
    edited June 2015
    Options
    exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		088.95 km (44% of Goal)
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Thu Jun 11 09.06 km Trails and hills
    Wed Jun 10 13.37 km Mountain Trail
    Tue Jun 09 12.00 km Trails and hills
    Mon Jun 08 07.58 km
    Sun Jun 07 00.00 Rest
    Sat Jun 06 05.41 km 
    Fri Jun 05 17.63 km
    Thu Jun 04 00.00 Rest
    Wed Jun 03 11.87 km Mountain Trail
    Tue Jun 02 00.00 km Rest
    Mon Jun 01 12.03 km

Still suffering from tender nipples from Wednesday's run but that's a rain or shine thing for me given how much I sweat. I'm not ready to run bare chested or wear pasties, at least not yet. Ok maybe pasties but as @WhatMeRunning says, given pastie-wearers aren't known for wearing t-shirts, that's more of a style choice than a protection.

A man bra might have been a solution 1,000km ago but now I don't need one. What's a guy with tender nipples to do? I will not be ordered about by my nipples, unlike some.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom love the article!
  • caratayloruk
    caratayloruk Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    5 miles today bringing my total to 23.6. Another 52.4 to go.

The weather forecast for my long run day isn't great but I'm going to try and run it anyway as who knows what the conditions will be like on race day
  • WhatMeRunning
    Options
    Considering the forecast has changed to seemingly steady rain from this evening through the end of time I don't think the medical tape solution I've experimented with this week will hold up on the long runs(mixed results, came off during one 6 miler without me noticing). Might be compression shirt time, but that flies in the face of the rule about not trying new gear out on a long run.

Duct tape might hold...
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Considering the forecast has changed to seemingly steady rain from this evening through the end of time I don't think the medical tape solution I've experimented with this week will hold up on the long runs(mixed results, came off during one 6 miler without me noticing). Might be compression shirt time, but that flies in the face of the rule about not trying new gear out on a long run.

Duct tape might hold...

such a man - need a fix duct tape! LOL
    @elise4270 you keep changing your picture!

• mwyvr
    Options
    Garmin et al are missing an opportunity - HR straps that pass *over* the nipples would solve the problem. Perhaps with built-in pasties?