June 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    June 4th = 7.4 miles
    June 6th up to 10.5 miles now. Running in the strong wind tonight was hard work.
    Up to 16.6 miles now
    22.9 miles now, the heat is an energy zapper though!
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Abakan wrote: »
    Remus42 wrote: »
    @RunTimer and @shanaber I forgot how amazing yoga is. And it's such a great way to stretch out muscles. Which is good for me because I was never stretching before or after runs...my bad I know.

My back has gone into spassum, so no running for me I can barely walk. Do you think yoga could help put my back right? I think I'll look up yoga on you tube and have a go.

yes, basic yoga can help back....don't know much about your history with the back..but can help, even in case of extreme arthritis
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 5 miles
    6/2 - 5.3 miles
    6/3 - 3.2 miles
    6/4 - 4.4 miles
    6/5 - 2.3 miles
    6/6 - 1.6 miles - rest day today but did this to keep the 41 Days of Awesome challenge streak going
    6/7 - 7 miles - I'm so proud of this run it was at 10:21 pace, which is fast for me - I was comfortable the whole run :smiley:
    6/8 - 4.4 miles
    6/9 - 5.8 miles
    6/10 - 1.6 miles - rest day today - just keeping the 41 Days of Awesome challenge alive. I'm trying to do this mile at a faster than normal pace for me. Then I grabbed Macy and took her for a 2 mile walk.
    6/11 - 6 miles
    6/12 - 4.7miles

51.3 out of 120 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @stoshew71 if I'm up I'll be there. I get up at 5 every morning I hate to do it on the weekends too :smile: I'm thinking a shorter run tomorrow and a long run Sunday right now so I'll see. Thanks for the info I did see it last night on FB.
    @whatmerunning great job getting your run in.
    @jorocka I love your pictures too, girl you have some awesome arms, so jealous!
    @shanaber we are like mileage twins
    @isulo_kura hey stop taking my picture when I get up in the morning LOL Oh my that is a big cow, just think how fast everyone would be running if they got out.

I tell by everyone's posts it's been warming up everywhere. When I ran this morning it was 71, but 98% humidity. I was dripping sweat, but it feels so good. I won't complain, I complained and begged for this weather when it was 5 degrees out in the winter :tongue:

It's funny how the dogs pout when they can't go for a run or how they get used to the routine. Because I run on the road it wears down Macy's pads too much so she only goes from time to time. But when I get home I take her for a walk for my cool down. When I come down the street she is looking out the front window of the bedroom, she lays on the bed with her chin on the windowsill. When I open the front door she starts to jump in circles until we go out the door. Same thing with the pool, she loves to swim, when one of us puts a bathing suit on she loses her mind, running from the back door to us and then back to the door. She'll put 2 paws on the pool steps and if you put one toe in the pool she jumps in. Skip brought some new suits for the summer and had to stop putting them on modeling them for me, because Macy was going insane. If she can't go in the pool she looks out the back window and howls this sick sad noise the whole time someone is in there. Too funny.
  • JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Both knees still clicking, swollen, and hurting when going downstairs or downhill. Walked today instead. 5mi Any advice besides RICE?

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    6/1 - 4.0 miles, still a little tender from Saturday's race
    6/2 - 4.25 miles; 8.25/120
    6/3 - 4 miles, indoor track; weights/abs
    6/4 - 4.9 miles, Trek/treadmill - would it kill my Y to put some fans in the cardio room?!?
    6/5 - 4.4 miles, a little humid, but nice!
    6/6 - planned rest day
    6/7 - 8.1 miles, STICKY...summer is here for sure.
    6/8 - unplanned rest day - all that time watching baseball in the sun sucked it out of me.
    6/9 -4.1 miles; 33.75/120
    6/10 - 4.5 miles
    6/11 - BAGEL :/ Woke up feeling sick.
    6/12 - 4.5 miles, soggy and foggy
    exercise.png
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    1 - Rest
    2 - 6.1mi, easy
    3 - 4.7mi, easy
    4 - Rest
    5 - 5mi, easy
    6 - 3mi, easy
    7 - 26.4mi, easy
    8 - 3.2mi, easy
    9 - Rest
    10 - 4.7mi, easy
    11 - Rest
    12 - 3mi, easy

Just an easy run today, as I'm still recovering from Sunday's marathon. I'm pacing the Heights Half Marathon tomorrow, 2hr group. I'm all they got!

Total: 56.2mi
    June Goal: 175mi

• SiadMohamed
    SiadMohamed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I run all the time- training to hopefully enter the 2020 Olympics long distance running

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @shanaber it doesn't seem to matter if I eat or not. I have bentyl for IBS. I just may have to take it with the Cymbalta. They both make me tired. But I suppose better tired than diarrhea, dehydration and no running.

@JimCrackinDandy I don't have any real advice for the knees. Might see your doc with the swelling. A steroid may be in order. Good luck.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Both knees still clicking, swollen, and hurting when going downstairs or downhill. Walked today instead. 5mi Any advice besides RICE?

Downhill or downstairs causing more pain is typical with ITB issues. I remember having to run or walk backwards down hills to make it home from a long training run once, a run I should not have started clearly.

This happened to me 25 years ago so am reluctant to suggest stretching to you as perhaps thinking has moved on, but if it were me, that's what I'd add as it helped me recover relatively quickly.

For prevention, ITB stretches are a regular post run routine for me now to remain in tune with that band, no pun really intended.

Mike

• baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Great work so far everybody! I'm a little behind in updating.

6/10: 4 miles
    6/11:13.2 miles (1st time :D)

So far: 59.3 miles out of 115
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    For everyone dealing with running in the rain I found this :)
    be5z4945q2rd.jpg

You really are hardcore!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Same goes with extreme cold.

I just feel fracking stupid for running in the heat. But the cold and rain- yes- totally agree LMAO
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    Options

Just an easy run today, as I'm still recovering from Sunday's marathon. I'm pacing the Heights Half Marathon tomorrow, 2hr group. I'm all they got!

Nice! Have fun!
  • jenncalicollins617
    jenncalicollins617 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles today.

2.5 miles on 6-11
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    I had a great 4 mile run last night. I ran on a state trail (paved) through west central Lake country right at sunset. I caught a great photo but won't be able to post it until I'm at a computer.

25.2 out of 50 miles... Ahead of schedule!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    6/1 rest
    6/2 -2.25 hot sore miles, Reformer Pilate's
    6/3- rest
    6/4- doc visit. Resting SIJ
    6/5- 4.60
    6/6- rest
    6/7- 3.74 hot,medicine trots :O
    6/8- rest,stretch
    6/9- 3.20 (HI 100°)
    6/10- swim
    6/11-  3.85 medicine trots again
    6/12-  5.34 better!

22.96/60+
  • karllundy
    Options
    @Elise4270 - Nice run! Hope you're feeling better.
    @shanaber - I did feel like a bad-*kitten* for running in the rain today...even though it was very light.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    @Elise4270 - Nice run! Hope you're feeling better.
    @shanaber - I did feel like a bad-*kitten* for running in the rain today...even though it was very light.

I honestly love running in the rain- there is something very cathartic about it- and yes- it's totally a level up bad-a$$ery!!! :D Good job you!