Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Guess whose car desperately needs an oil change?
    cm6u3233yu1w.jpg
    Wow, haven't I seen Starbucks in grocery stores (in fact, I visited one today), but never at a Jiffy Lube? 😂
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,863 Member
    Options
    Doesn't that look too nice to be a Jiffy Lube? Isn't it the dealership where I bought my car (and brought my own Starbucks)? Don't they price-match my synthetic oil change?
  • allieberri
    allieberri Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't all car dealerships give us Starbucks for free?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    allieberri wrote: »
    Shouldn't all car dealerships give us Starbucks for free?

Don't I heartily agree?
  • frankwbrown
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I'm at Starbucks right now aren't I? And do you know there's not a car in sight?

P.S. aren't I amazed that I managed to get in 30,000 steps yesterday?
  • allieberri
    allieberri Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How ever were you able to get in 30,000 steps?
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,221 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Don't I feel sorry for my wife now that she's back in the hospital for additional tests due to complications in her post-surgery recovery? Don't we hope it's just needing a change in meds and she'll be back home again tonight without needing more nights spent there?

Don't hospitals suck? Is she home?
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,221 Member
    Options

How many steps do you think you'd get for running a marathon?
  • frankwbrown
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Didn't I do more walking than usual apart from my recorded activities, since I was visiting Monterey/Pacific Grove in California? But didn't I also do an hour of water aerobics, one walk/run (cadence drills) of 3.41 miles, one walk of 4.39 miles (along Pacific Grove Trail), another 34 minutes of water aerobics (when I arrived back home around 6:30pm), and finally a little marching in place for the last 1,000 steps?
    How many steps do you think you'd get for running a marathon?
    Wouldn't I personally likely throw in the towel short of a half marathon? And whatever distance I did manage to cover, wouldn't it be overly generous to call it running? 😂

But isn't that the question I plan on asking my friend who runs marathons and half marathons on a regular basis? Earlier this month on July 9th, didn't I walk/run 8.42 miles in the Dirty Dozen 3-hour Endurance Run, and wasn't my step total that day a little under 25,000?

Haven't I only recently started a 5k training program, which has piqued my curiosity about stride length and stride rate (cadence)? Doesn't Runners World say elite athletes have a cadence around 180 steps per minute, while most have a cadence closer to 150 steps per minute? If we assume a marathon takes 4-5 hours for most runners, and if we assume a cadence of 150 steps/minute, then wouldn't that be 240-300 minutes times 150 steps/minute, resulting in 36,000-45,000 steps?

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options

Shall I mention I have entered a Fun Run event - doesn't one has the option of half marathon (running) 12 km, 6 km, or 3 km (last 3 all walking or running)?

Can you guess which option Paperpudding and Mr Paperpudding entered?

Shall I give you a hint that it isnt the half marathon :D ?

• frankwbrown
    Options
    Is it one of those Fun Runs where people throw colored powders at you?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    What's everybody been up to today?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Aren't I back into my routine of a morning walk followed by water aerobics, strength and cardio workouts? But wasn't today a bit different in that I did a walk/run instead of just a walk? Isn't that because I've started a 5k training program?
    What have you been up to?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    Is it one of those Fun Runs where people throw colored powders at you?

Hadn't I better find out before I wear my best clothes?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Isn't it a lazy Saturday here? Didn't I crawl back under the covers with my cup of coffee as it's much too chilly to enjoy coffee on the deck this morning?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Didn't I have a good breakfast of sausage and eggs, but was too lazy to brew coffee? 🥱
    Aren't I still moving slow, even though it's past time for a walk?
    Should I maybe walk to Starbucks? 🤔
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2022
    Options
    How could you anyone be too lazy to brew coffee? Don't I think a walk to Starbucks is a fine idea?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Aren't I there right now, sipping a chocolate creme cold brew?
  • cmsienk
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @nossmf, how is your wife doing? Is she back home from the hospital? 🤞
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Hasn't my wife been in the hospital the last two nights, with another tonight? Is the cause this time receiving IV drips of antibiotics to get rid of a post-surgical infection? Isn't she sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, emphasis on sick (nausea), plus pain which should have disappeared by now?