Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Was not that question aimed at @cat0703a asking if today was Friday, since people at different time zones around the globe may "answer" her question differently at the exact same moment?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Who else crossed the international date line twice by the age of two?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Does that mean you're actually two days older/younger than your expected age? Have you adjusted your birthday accordingly on your driver's license?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Didn't I cross once in each direction, so wasn't I younger for a day when I crossed the 2nd time (heading East) after I was suddenly older by a day after crossing the first time (heading West)?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    @cmsienk, Why is it called West Palm Beach? Isn't it clear over on the East side of the country, in fact not even on the West side of Florida? Don't I live ~3,000 miles West of that place?
    Then again, isn't South Dakoda way further North than most states? 🤔😉😜😂
  • nossmf
    Options
    Following similar logic, my parents live NORTH of me but at a LOWER elevation...should I describe going home as travelling UP or DOWN?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Wouldn't the answer to that require first finding some kind of equivalence between latitudinal miles and vertical feet? Aren't my Southern California relatives both South of me and slightly lower in elevation, yet don't they still say, "When are you coming up here for a visit?"
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    Are they as directionally confused as I am?
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be possible they are not directionally challenged but gramatically challenged?
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Wasn't it more fun imagining something spectacular like parachuting into a Cafe to mark making a million dollars by age 20?

If I had made a million dollars EVER, let alone by age 20, would I not be driving a very different car right now?
    what is your degree in?

While technically it's physics with a concentration in astronomy, doesn't it sound more impressive when I tell people I majored in astrophysics?

people are not impressed with a physics degree?
    what is wrong with them?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Considering I work as a satellite engineer, are not physics and engineering degrees a dime a dozen around here? But ASTROPHYSICS, doesn't that have a nice ring to it?
  • frankwbrown
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Didn't I once dream up, as a joke, a fictional PhD in Metaphysical Epistemology? 😂
    (Wasn't I somewhat inspired by having learned of a PhD program in the History of Consciousness?)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Does being conscious our whole waking lives make us experts in the History of Consciousness?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Who else woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Does that mean more time for good things, @frankwbrown ?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Last night, didn't I sign up for a class at 8:30am, and wondered if I'd feel like getting up early enough? I guess couldn't you say the silver lining is that now I should be able to go early and do a little tai chi in the studio before class?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Oh, wasn’t I thinking of coffee and blueberry pancakes? 🤣
  • frankwbrown
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Aren't my blueberries all gone?
    Wasn't it cereal w/ blackberries for me this morning? And a bottled cold frappuccino instead of brewed hot coffee?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Doesn’t that sound like a nice light meal before exercise?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,830 Member
    Options
    Who else woke up at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep?
    🙋‍♀️ But wasn't mine intentional (and 5am my time)?