"I'm pretty into myself"

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with loving oneself. I preach it daily. However, making a post about it is along the lines of making a status saying "I'm a good person!" Well, if you are, people know it. So, if you're awesome, people who know you know it and don't need to be told.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    dTBOTS4.gif
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty (not gorgeous) but pretty... I'm also intelligent.. and am extremely gifted vocally...

saying these things is no different than saying I am tall, have red hair, blue eyes, and freckles. Just facts, but because I know and acknowledge them (in a matter of fact way).. I am "arrogant"

I am also horrible uncoordinated and bad a geography.. facts but I can say that and not one things anything about it.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm awesome. I know this. I really am awesome.

but I don't tell others that I'm awesome, I don't self declare. Mostly because they know....and if they don't know...they haven't been paying attention and don't deserve to know...

so yeah...i do understand what that person said to you, because I feel that if I self declared my awesomeness all the time, I would feel I was being too desperate....i would...but we all have to do our own thing...and be secure in it...don't let anyone else tell you how to live you.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Agreed.
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you're that awesome you shouldn't have to tell everyone. They'd already know.

^This. Quiet confidence is true confidence in my opinion.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about how it's perceived. Might come off as cocky to some. Perhaps having it a status makes people like you less, if out of pure jealousy or those who think you are seeking attention and compliments.

It's good to love your self and feel confident, especially if you never have been confident before in life.

Everyone is different, if I see a status I don't like or do not agree with, I keep my mouth shut, some just don't have that ability.

=) That is all
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I think theres a huge difference between being VAIN and narcissistic .......

and then just being secure and loving yourself and all of your accomplishments.

If you know the person, you'll know which one they are. I LOVE my accomplishments and how i look now, but it doesnt mean im a vain B ***CH over it......
    Although some may find me to be vain, IF they dont know me.

I think its just a matter of knowing the person is all, and understanding the difference. There really are some insecure folks out there that are loud and abnoxiously narcissistic but i dont think you come across as one of those types - and I dont even know you.

I agree, which is why her coming to that assumption didn't so much BOTHER me as much as spark the question as to why we (myself included) typically come to these assumptions.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i also wanted to add that if someone on my fb friends list posted this i would of "liked it"
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My awesomeness speaks for itself; I don't have to say anything.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance ~ Oscar Wilde

Stuff what other people think.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I hate myself, no really i do. Even if i was the weight i wanted to be i would STILL find something about myself that i didnt like and turn that into a form of self loathing.

More or less everyone else enjoys being around me (once they know the real me)... i get alot of praise from boss's/management. The hubby thinks im the best thing since sliced bread... my teenage daughter loves me when she isnt in her 'teen tantrum mode' and my toddler loves me when he isnt creating holy havoc around the place.

Iv tried to love myself.... but i doubt i ever will.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I think it's great to love yourself. Ultimately that's where confidence springs from. But that doesn't mean you have to throw it in people's faces. Being hot and knowing it is great, but being hot AND humble is downright sexy.

I agree!

Me too!
  • angelams1019
    Options
    I'm awesome. I know this. I really am awesome.

but I don't tell others that I'm awesome, I don't self declare. Mostly because they know....and if they don't know...they haven't been paying attention and don't deserve to know...

so yeah...i do understand what that person said to you, because I feel that if I self declared my awesomeness all the time, I would feel I was being too desperate....i would...but we all have to do our own thing...and be secure in it...don't let anyone else tell you how to live you.

I think the only difference in my specific scenario is that I wasn't TELLING anyone that I'm awesome, or that I'm pretty, or that I'm a good person, or even that anyone should like me lol I said I'M pretty into MYSELF...Because at the moment, I was! lol And I wasn't ashamed of sharing that feeling with the rest of my FL.

I've put A LOT of work (mentally and physically) into learning how to not only accept myself for who I am, but LOVE myself! So knowing where I came from, the fact that I can even give myself a compliment is somewhat of a miracle...And I'm damn proud of that! :drinker:

I think we're so scared of what other people will think of our thoughts. If I feel fat one day, I'm going to say I feel like a fat *kitten*. If I feel amazing, I'll say that too...But the fat *kitten* part never gets any attention (or if it does, its pity)

I think we're all human and we have good days and bad days. Regardless of what day it is, we should be able to express ourselves. If I saw one of my friends post a status about how good they feel about themselves that day, GOOD FOR YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's one thing to know you're awesome, and another to tell everyone how awesome you are. We should all love ourselves, imperfections and all. I think it's all in the delivery. Humility is a character I find very attractive in people. Vanity, less so.

I can understand what that person meant by her comment, though. Sometimes the people who are always bragging about themselves, whether it be their intelligence, their money, their figure, or what a great person they are- are the ones lacking the most self-esteem.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love myself, but I really have zero need to blast it to my friend list.

Plus why not put some energy into bring up those around you, instead of puffing yourself up?

How about... "I've mastered self esteem, get at me so I can help you too..." Might've opened up more friendly conversation :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance ~ Oscar Wilde

Stuff what other people think.

Perfect!
  • angelams1019
    Options
    I hate myself, no really i do. Even if i was the weight i wanted to be i would STILL find something about myself that i didnt like and turn that into a form of self loathing.

More or less everyone else enjoys being around me (once they know the real me)... i get alot of praise from boss's/management. The hubby thinks im the best thing since sliced bread... my teenage daughter loves me when she isnt in her 'teen tantrum mode' and my toddler loves me when he isnt creating holy havoc around the place.

Iv tried to love myself.... but i doubt i ever will.

I felt the SAME WAY! It took a lot of work and a lot of self reflection, but if you want it, you can get there! You just have to be open to uncovering some pretty hard stuff along the way. Its definitely a very scary process, but its completely worth it once you're on the other side.

If you're interested, I read a book called Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach that helped me A LOT. It won't solve all of your problems, but it will definitely open your eyes and motivate you to do the work that needs to be done! :flowerforyou:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    loving yourself is great. enjoy it. quietly.
    broadcasting it is meh. kinda reeks of attention whoring.

Say it to my face...please
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I generally think I'm awesome, though I realize not everyone sees me that way. I also realize there are some people who may be intimidated by my confidence. I brag when it's deserved and I admit when I'm forced to face my flaws. I think I have a pretty good balance going on.