"I'm pretty into myself"

Options

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, but my point was that some people should find better things to do than worry about what others think of themselves. If you can stop and point out another's flaws just because you spotted them, then you aren't spending nearly enough time working on your own.

The internet is a fun place. You can get people randomly telling everyone how great they are, and people randomly telling people how great they aren't. And random uninformed psychoanalysis between all actors in this drama.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I think you *have* to be pretty into yourself to be willing to work this hard!! I know somewhere in here, I am really worth it, and that's what's getting me through this tough time. You have to care about yourself enough to WANT to take care of yourself, to sacrifice, to bust your butt in the gym instead of lolling about on the couch. I am suffering a depression relapse, and I have to tell myself all this EVERY day right now. I'll believe it again. Soon, I hope. Because even though the self-hatred has returned, I know better, and I know that giving up all I've fought so hard for throwing into that is the WORST thing I could do. :)
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I like myself a lot. I am pretty awesome and I don't care who knows that I know it. That's why my friends are all amazing people: they have to love themselves to not feel intimidated by my self-appreciation.

The pressure to live up to you is overwhelming sometimes.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't think that it's not acceptable to love yourself. The question doesn't come into play simply because you love yourself, the question come with the way you express it, the words you choose, and your compulsion to let everyone know instead of be self assured enough to know this within yourself. If someone asked me I would tell that that yes, I do infact love myself and am proud of the woman I've become . . . but I think that if you were to ask people close to me they'd would tell you this too . . . they don't know it because I've told them, they know it because of how I respect myself and the love and respect I show for others.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, but my point was that some people should find better things to do than worry about what others think of themselves. If you can stop and point out another's flaws just because you spotted them, then you aren't spending nearly enough time working on your own.

The internet is a fun place. You can get people randomly telling everyone how great they are, and people randomly telling people how great they aren't. And random uninformed psychoanalysis between all actors in this drama.

Still doesn't change the fact that this person revealed their own character flaws by pointing out another's.

Hate to get cliche here, but I'm pretty sure we all know what happens when we point fingers.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    But you know what, though, who cares if she verbalized it to feel better about herself or whatever other reason. How is it any different than the other things we do to feel better about ourselves, like working out, putting on make-up, or taking cell phone pics in the bathroom mirror?

If that works for her, why should anyone else care?

The person's comment seem to be made in an effort to change her mentality. Her mentality was that she felt good about herself. Who was the commenter to change her mentality about that? What right did he or she have to concern him or herself with how the OP thought or felt?

100x This.

Self confidence is a huge issue for some people. If you read anything about building self confidence, one of the most basic steps is to start acting confident. I can't even imagine someone construing her original message as cockiness or arrogance. If someone on my friend list posted that - I would be quick to drop a message in agreement.
  • BeLikeBarbi
    Options
    I really thought I liked myself, but I suppose it does make sense that I maybe just have low self esteem. Now I'm just confused. How do you know if you really love yourself or if it's your low self esteem in disguise? :(
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I really thought I liked myself, but I suppose it does make sense that I maybe just have low self esteem. Now I'm just confused. How do you know if you really love yourself or if it's your low self esteem in disguise? :(

Honestly, the person with the low self-esteem was the one that found it necessary to tell someone else that they have low self-esteem.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    this is still dumb
    i cant believe I wasted 2 mins of my life on this post
    I want a refund please

KTHXBAI!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I think there is a big difference between "loving thyself" and "worshipping thyself"

"Loving thyself" is healthy, and a necessary thing to do if you want to have healthy relationships.

"Worshiping thyself" is when you take your love of yourself beyond where it is healthy, to the point of alienating others, and making yourself the focus of all relationships.

Thinking you are amazing, is healthy (and that sounds like where you are)

Thinking you are so amazing that no one else could possibly compare to you... that you are the best there is, the best there was, and the best that there ever will be... that's plain nasty.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    In my experience, if you are awesome, the awesomeness generally shows itself within a few interactions (even online). You don't need to proclaim it. Saying it doesn't make you NOT awesome. But it might make your awesomeness shine a little less bright.
    This.

If you think it/feel it, all of the people who need to believe it (read: just you) already know it. I don't understand the need to say it/type it. But, if you were on my FL I wouldn't assume you have poor self-esteem because you said it. I'd probably pat you on the bottom and say "yay!"
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    this is still dumb
    I want a refund please

KTHXBAI!

I dont know what KTHXBA means

Kay....thanks....bye.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

Is this better:

DIODELCIBO!!!! Abbi pietà di me!

:love:

damn :ohwell:

guess he doesn't speak Italian after all :tongue:
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    In my experience, if you are awesome, the awesomeness generally shows itself within a few interactions (even online). You don't need to proclaim it. Saying it doesn't make you NOT awesome. But it might make your awesomeness shine a little less bright.
    This.

If you think it/feel it, all of the people who need to believe it (read: just you) already know it. I don't understand the need to say it/type it. But, if you were on my FL I wouldn't assume you have poor self-esteem because you said it. I'd probably pat you on the bottom and say "yay!"
    hahahah Pats on the bottom are always appreciated! :drinker:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    this is still dumb
    I want a refund please

KTHXBAI!

Okay Thanks Bye.

AKA - If you don't like the thread, leave?
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    this is a dumb topic
    who cares how awesome you think you are?

I hope every cares how awesome Diodelcibo's abs are.

Just sayin'. There's a silver lining on everything.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    this is still dumb
    I want a refund please

KTHXBAI!

Kay....thanks....bye.

hahahaha This! Sorry we are boring you. But I think you missed the point.