Thigh gap?

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    I"m more concerned with sweep rather than gap. Love that look of muscle sweep going out from the knee and in at the hip. I just lift the weights and my body reconfigures naturally. I don't really think about thigh gap to be honest.

You mean quad definition?

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Thigh gaps, bikini bridges and injecting fat into the vulva. Is it just me or do these trends seem to revolve around a central theme?

Do what now!? :anguished:
  • candicesorenpope
    candicesorenpope Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps, bikini bridges and injecting fat into the vulva. Is it just me or do these trends seem to revolve around a central theme?

Now there's one I haven't heard of. Nor do I want to know any more about it.

Sometimes being old is a blessing.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

I don't know who or why a woman would want to have more fat in that area.

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think most of us guys would prefer a nice badonkadonk to a bean pole with thigh gap.

And, inevitably, it comes to comments like this. Why should women give any f*cks what a man would prefer?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What the actual fark?

Thigh Gap.

This is a thing? For reals?

If it's a concern of yours, you have issues.

It's not important.

To anyone.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Now there's one I haven't heard of. Nor do I want to know any more about it.

Sometimes being old is a blessing.

Why on God's green earth would you pay anyone to inject something anywhere near your foof?!?! :o
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    What the actual fark?

Thigh Gap.

It's not important.

To anyone.

It's clearly important to anyone wanting to ask how to get it, and it is something that lots of people want. It's not really any different to wanting abs or a flat stomach, it's just a feature that some people like the look of.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    I think most of us guys would prefer a nice badonkadonk to a bean pole with thigh gap.

And, inevitably, it comes to comments like this. Why should women give any f*cks what a man would prefer?

The word 'badonkadonk' makes me feel a bit grim, even as I type it myself :D:s
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What the actual fark?

Thigh Gap.

It's not important.

To anyone.

It's clearly important to anyone wanting to ask how to get it, and it is something that lots of people want. It's not really any different to wanting abs or a flat stomach, it's just a feature that some people like the look of.

As I said : "issues"

I'd diagnose neurosis ... but I ain't a Doc.

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    What the actual fark?

Thigh Gap.

It's not important.

To anyone.

As I said : "issues"

I'd diagnose neurosis ... but I ain't a Doc.

So anyone with any particular look they want for their body has issues?
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've often heard it was more of a genetic thing and that you can't magically grow one. My mom had one when she was a teen, she remained very lean even though she's now in her late 50s (she's an athlete) but she lost it looong ago. I thought i'd never have a thigh gap either since i've always had quite thick thighs and had been pretty chubby ever since the start of puberty, but actually I've recently noticed that I have a small thigh gap starting to appear...I started being very active though, alternating between strength traning, cardo and several different sports all thorough the week so obviously i'm building a lot of muscle everywhere including my thighs, thus reducing the fat around them.
    So my answer would either be...it's a matter of fat/muscle ratio in your legs OR just genetics, since as I said my mom had one and I may just be discovering one on myself because I'm finally lean enough for it to show.

But honestly, it's otherwise not a big deal at all and doesn't determine if your weight loss is effective or not, nor does it matter in telling how beautiful your body is or not. Some people like thigh gaps, some not, but it doesn't mean you have to achieve one at all cost at all. It doesn't mean anything, really. Love your body the way it is!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I've had many a phone saved from a watery death by thunder and lightning, who I've had as long as I can remember, even that wonderful time in middle school when I was 115 lbs. Genetics, people, genetics....
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Dude. Who cares what guys prefer?

Nobody.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Yup. Came with MFP Premium. Totes worth the 50 bucks!

Bahahaahahaha
  • smalltoongirl
    smalltoongirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else had said, genetics. Last year I dropped weight because of stress and anxiety, caused me to have a thigh gap (not right at the top, but nearer the middle part of my thighs) and tbh i didn't like it. To everybody saying there thighs helped catch their phone, the one time in my life i had a thigh gap my phone dropped and smashed on the gap.

Expensive thigh gap that was!
  • audiojister
    audiojister Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought one in Tijuana.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I, like most here, also hate the stupid "thigh gap" trend because it is determined by genetics and encourages people to get to a dangerously unhealthy weight in order to try to achieve one.

That said, I dislike how half the posts here are like "well guys don't even like or care about thigh gaps!!" Like, OP never asked what guys liked. She didn't mention anything about guys. Can we stop assuming that everything a woman does must be based on what guys like or want? Thanks.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

SERIOUSLY. You go after the ZONE with a hypodermic? I WILL RIP OFF YOUR F06KING ARM.