Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,650 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    janetr7476 - we met 9/16/96 and married 6/22/2002

Wow you guys have been together for a long time and still are love birds. I love that. Jack and I met in 2007 and got married in 2009. I wouldn't have believed I'd ever get married again, but here I am. :)

yeah, I feel ya. he is my #4. lololol
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps

kmhilinski - dont stress about the weight right now, it'll come.

fanncy - that packing has got to burn some calories..

chelle - yeayyy no boobie issue!! dont' think of thid journey as a "diet". to me diets r temporary, this needs to be a way of life. YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!

honeyrose
    - awwww thanks! one of the few things i like about myself is my smile cuz i do seem to get alot of compliments about it. :0)
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends:

Michele: Thanks for the tip on the raw potato..I've never heard that before. I'm wondering if it will work for Newfie Salt Fish.

Peach: My maples that I dug up and planted 3 years ago are now about 8 feet high. They are a very fast growing tree and the deer tend to leave them alone or at least have so far. I can't wait for them to get 3 storeys tall. :smile:

JanetM: I like the poem.

Heather: Good for you for knowing and managing your triggers so effectively.

Machelle: So glad it was only scar tissue. I liked the "Diet is like a marriage..." quote. I hope that the cortisone helps the pain and swelling. Maybe you could just start with chair exercises. Here's a link to a 4 minute routine as an example. https://youtube.com/watch?v=ls8cqFPwn8I I love the music!

Naomi: So good to hear from you congrats on those 3 lbs through difficult times no less!

I managed to get in 97g of Protein yesterday which is still about 60 less than where I'm trying to get to. In order to do that I had a Protein Shake (30g) prepackaged and made a protein shake with the Lean Green protein powder(19g) I bought at Costco. It says that you can mix the powder in any liquid. I chose water....uggg!! I thought it would be tasteless...not so it was Vanilla flavoured. Ok protein powder - meet Ninja -- I added 4 oz of frozen strawberries and tried it again...better but not great... added a packet of stevia now I could at least drink it.

I also added lots of cheese, almonds and eggs to get to the 97g of protein. The only problem with that is that it adds a lot of fat too which doubled my fat intake. Does anyone have suggestions for other liquids I can use for the protein powder that are low in fat and sugar but mesh well with Vanilla or other lean protein suggestions?

Someone mentioned bariatric pancakes (sorry I can't remember who and my notes aren't great) any chance you can share a recipe?

Thought for the day: Life's short. Anything could happen, and it usually does, so there is no point in sitting around thinking about all the ifs, ands and buts. - Amy Winehouse (In other words, look towards the future not the past)

June Goals:

1. Do menu planning for June (complete)
    2. Eat 3 meals a day
    3. Log all meals
    4. Plan and Do one fun thing each week
    (W1: Hot stone massage and weekend of Tai Chi with friend...Oops that's 2 things...oh darn
    W2: Lunch with a friend, going away party for co-worker... 2 more...yay!
    W3: Pedicure and manicure, Tai Chi in the park. Bingo with my Aunt, Lunch with a friend (Some not planned, but sure have been fun!)
    W4: Trip with 2 of my favourite people (mom & dad) to visit 2 more of my favourite people (Aunt & Uncle)
    5. Ride stationary bike 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

Carey-Edmonton
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options

Wow you guys have been together for a long time and still are love birds. I love that. Jack and I met in 2007 and got married in 2009. I wouldn't have believed I'd ever get married again, but here I am. :)

Jack is my third, and LAST. Lol

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to whine a bit. What a night! Thunder. Lightning. Sirens (Hmm. Prison near my house. Perhaps I should check to see if someone got away last night.) Then DH’s cell phone went off with a tornado warning alert. Then beeps and flashes of light as the power went on, off, on, off, on, off. When the power finally stayed off DH’s C-pap machine started squawking a warning that it was no longer working. Needless to say it was a restless night. I eventually dropped off to sleep and woke up this morning to discover that the battery backup on my alarm clock had died during the night and I woke up 5 minutes after I was supposed to be on a conference call at work. That was when I discovered my cell phone had died.

Still, the worst of my tale of woe is that I did not get a good night’s sleep and I was late for work.

I got in to work and learned that my 9am meeting was cancelled so that was good. Then one of my co-workers informed me that a tornado touched down about 15 miles from my house. It was so sudden that the warning system didn’t go off until it was already over. Much damage, but no injuries. So over all, all is well.

Mia in MI

June goal - log food every day
    Word of the month – persevere
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Carey - Edmonton

I think I mentioned the protein pancakes. My nutritionist has a web site FoodCoachMe.com with all kinds of high protein meals. Check her site out. Lots of helpful info. This is my husband's favorite of the pancakes I have several and like them all.

Banana Protein Pancakes ( 1 serving)

1.00 medium banana (126g), mashed
    1.00 scoop (14g), Whey protein powder
    1.00 egg
    1.00 tbsp(s), Sweetner

MIX and cook as any pancake. There is chocolate-peanut butter too. Use 1 scoop Chocolate Whey protein powder, 2 tbsp Peanut Butter powder and 1 egg, 1/2 tsp baking powder, enough milk to make it right consistency. I like these too.

Janetr
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2015
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Just dropping in to whine a bit. What a night! Thunder. Lightning. Sirens (Hmm. Prison near my house. Perhaps I should check to see if someone got away last night.) Then DH’s cell phone went off with a tornado warning alert. Then beeps and flashes of light as the power went on, off, on, off, on, off. When the power finally stayed off DH’s C-pap machine started squawking a warning that it was no longer working. Needless to say it was a restless night. I eventually dropped off to sleep and woke up this morning to discover that the battery backup on my alarm clock had died during the night and I woke up 5 minutes after I was supposed to be on a conference call at work. That was when I discovered my cell phone had died.

Still, the worst of my tale of woe is that I did not get a good night’s sleep and I was late for work.

I got in to work and learned that my 9am meeting was cancelled so that was good. Then one of my co-workers informed me that a tornado touched down about 15 miles from my house. It was so sudden that the warning system didn’t go off until it was already over. Much damage, but no injuries. So over all, all is well.

Mia in MI

[/quote

Wow quite a night. Glad you're safe. Hope your day gets better. :)

Janetr

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Tere, if someone kicks your dog, we will all chip in for your bail. LOL You have me ROF.

Terri, have a great vacation. I’m sure they will miss you at work. You know we are supporting you wherever you go.

Heather, welcome home. Is “knackered” like saying you are tuckered out? LOL Ok, now what’s “we nattered”? Is that like chatted? I just love your accent. 

Sylvia, it does seem that no matter how hard you try, you’ll never please everyone. Great deal on the sundresses.

Katla, by having the shoddy work redone, is he talking about work you did??? If so, I’d probably tell him to get his own f*%#ing boat! Gosh, between spin class and horseback riding you are working your bottom over. Take it easy, okay? LOL (later) So glad you found the butt cream!!

Cheri, as long as DH can find a new job, what’s to stress about? (hee hee) Just think of it as a new adventure. The one really nice thing is, we are portable and go anywhere with you. smiley-dance019.gif

Becca, I agree that it is sometimes hard to observe parents that don’t want to bother to parent. *shaking head* It’s no wonder some kids turn out the way they do.

Nora, welcome. This is the place for lots of support and information as well. What part of Texas are you in? I grew up in McAllen, down on the border in the Valley. Been gone many years. About lunch: hot or not, don’t go to Fast Food joints. Bad calories in those places. I used to take a salad with some chicken or tuna on it. Sometime took a Lean Cuisine and small salad. We had a microwave where I could cook it. It kept fine in my lunch box/cooler without putting it in the fridge. I’m sure others will give you some better suggestions. Come often and join right in.

Meg, we have two Carols now.

Rori, glad you could pop in. Sorry you don’t get a chance to stay longer. Safe travels.

Barbie, congrats on your successful stew. Good way to clean out a freezer.

Michele NC, it’s too bad that Brian doesn’t call on your special days. Hopefully that will change one of these years. smiley-sad023.gif

Renny, I didn’t realize you were such an “Old Timer”. It is inspiring, in itself that so many of you have remained on MFP and this Forum for years.

JanetM, love your poem on undignified trends. Did you write it?

Joyce, I was thinking of posting here when I was reading about posting on the horse. (Great minds…) I’m glad DH is considering his needed treatment. OMG, I hate hearing stories about abuse to animals. I hope the kitten will find a home. I think you need to try the Prep H on your eyes and let us know how it works. smiley-angelic006.gif

Heather, the next time you travel and are alone, just remember that we are all there with you. I agree that it is so much more difficult to stay focused when traveling or eating out all the time. I love to do both but really avoid eating out these days because it’s just so much easier to eat at home and control it all. Glad DH will be with you tomorrow. I get upset with myself if I spend money needlessly. At least some of the time, it’s for something that can be returned.

Allison, sorry Tom found new reasons to flip out. Can they cut the candy bars in half when giving DFIL his pills? I’m guessing he doesn’t have a sugar or weight problem?

Machelle, welcome. Glad your lump was only scar tissue. This is a great place for support and good information. If staying away from some food is what works for you, then just do it. A lot of this lifestyle isn’t fun or easy, but it works. I had come to believe that I was never going to be below 200 lbs again in my life, and I am. Take it slow but sure. Log everything you eat and just commit to eating healthy and you can do this. You are worth it, so make yourself put forth the effort. Come often and post when you feel like it.

Sylvia, I have never been a smooth swimmer. I always figured that I burn more calories swimming this way so it’s okay.

Naomi, welcome back. How dare you totally leave us and the right way of eating. You know better than that. I’m glad you came to your senses. Now on to better days.

Carey, are you a vegetarian? The easiest way to get protein is meat and beans. I’m just not a shake fan so I’d be hard pressed to get my protein that way. Sounds worse than taking medicine, to me.

Mia, I hope you get a good night’s sleep tonight and glad the weather only knocked out your power. I’d be whining too.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I held my plank for 65 seconds today. Hope it's helping.

Have a happy and healthy day, my friends.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Love ya, <3
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Machele Alabama- thanks for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for your loss and scare. I'm glad that the results were good. You can do this. We are here for you! (((hugs)))

Sylvia- it's so nice that your fur babies are getting along! When my children were in swimming lessons it was the same as you are describing. The only one on one I ever witnessed was with infants. And that was with their own parent in the water being coached what to do.

Tere- we all have mornings like that. It sounds like you are back on track though!

Naomi 2015 - welcome back! Sounds like you are back on track. Exercise and logging is essential for me anyhow.

Katla- good luck helping your son with his sailboat. You're such a good mother!

Pip - i'm hoping all this work is helping with my calorie count! I know I'm moving around all day long.

Carey- i'm with you, I have a hard time getting in enough protein to. I eat a lot of fruit. And I like butter. I am trying to adjust my protein as well. We can do this!

Mia- wow! What a night and morning you have had! I hope the rest of the day goes well for you.

DJ - congratulations on holding your plank! That is a really long time.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
    miakoda - wow, lots happening at your homestead!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,316 Member
    Options
    I just love you my friends. Thank you so much for your support. :flowerforyou:

DJ - you were spot on with the translation. An old horse used to go to the "knacker's yard" to be put down and turned into horse meat. It is quite a slang expression. "Nattering" is just like chatting only more so. It conjures up old ladies really having a good "chinwag".

With all your help I am beginning to regain my self esteem. DH is at cricket and I haven't gone over calories. I had a short nap after lunch and that helped. How easy it is to fall into self recrimination.

I have some admin sorting out that is a small bother. Hate filling in forms! ! ! ! Got to sort out how to pay the deposit for our holiday in December. Not happy with a bank transfer, but will discuss it with DH tonight. Also got loads of forms for my flat sale and have to decide which solicitor to go with. These things are run of the mill for most people, but can spiral me into a panic.

Welcome to the new folks! :flowerforyou: I was obese once. It was such a shock seeing it on the doctor's computer. It took me 18 months to reach my target weight. Slowly does it, and eat like you can stand to eat for the rest of your life. Chair exercises are good. There are things you can do in bed. (Just seen how that looks :laugh: ) Moving more in any capacity is good. You can use light weights sitting down to build up strength in legs and arms. Good luck!

We are off to London tomorrow morning to look after the grandchildren while DDIL is working and the nanny is at Glastonbury ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :noway: The new back extension and garden design is nearly finished, but the builders are still working on it. I will be so fascinated to see what it looks like. I expect we will retreat to the park playground and coffee shop. Then a dash back home on the train. Six hours travelling for six hours babysitting, but it's worth it! :love:

Love Heather in flowery Hampshire UK
  • Charm4u76132
    Charm4u76132 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Terrific Tuesday, Everyone. Welcome Newbies! We're glad you're here.

This am the scale said -0.8. Yay! Despite eating a high calorie dinner last night that was definitely off plan. I've had so many days where my calories were very low (only 650 to 800). Thank God, this didn't have a negative effect. I'm back on track now.

Would like to know, what successful techniques have you used to prevent an overindulgence from happening? (I'm not talking about binge eating. My downfall is eating very little to nothing all day, then indulging in a high fat, high calorie Italian or Mexican dinner, including 2 glasses of red wine plus dessert sometimes.) Yes, I realize part of me likes this and it feels good/stress relief. My total calories yesterday added up to 1750. Not in the usual 800 to 1000 range for me.

Looking forward to some sound tips that I can use B4 I'm ravenous and then eat this type of restaurant dinner.

Thank you! - Nancy in Fort Worth, now Sunny TX
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Nancy- I think that your usual 800 to 1000 cal per day is part of the problem. Minimum MFP says 1200. If you're not eating balanced meals throughout the day you are going to be ravenous at the end of the day. I meal plan on MFP the night before or that morning. I know exactly what I am going to eat throughout the day including snacks. On days when I am confronted with other food I may change my plan but I still try to stick within my calorie goal. Also it is suggested that you drink 2 - 8 ounce glasses of water in the morning. And a glass of water prior to eating a meal. Sometimes when you think you are hungry you're actually thirsty for water.

Also, don't eat that large meal just say no! Or if you want that type of food eat half of it. You also have to make a conscious effort to restrain yourself from over eating.

I'm sure you already know this. We are here for you when you need help!

Mary from Minnesota
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    JanetR: Thank you very much for the recipe and the website! Update: Checked out the site and it says: "Website coming soon" :smile:

DJ: I am definitely not a vegetarian! I do make at least one meal a week with beans maybe I'll have to start adding them to salads. Awesome planking...keep up the great work!
    awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Mary: You're right we'll figure it out. Good luck with all that packing ! Are you seeing a light at the end of the tunnel yet?

June Goals:

2. Eat 3 meals a day
    3. Log all meals
    (W1: Hot stone massage and weekend of Tai Chi with friend...Oops that's 2 things...oh darn
    W3: Pedicure and manicure, Tai Chi in the park. Bingo with my Aunt, Lunch with a friend (Some not planned, but sure have been fun!)
    W4: Trip with 2 of my favourite people (mom & dad) to visit 2 more of my favourite people (Aunt & Uncle)

Carey-Edmonton
  • fanncy0626
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Carey- yes, I can see the light! I am thinking that we are ahead of schedule and should be done moving everything over before Saturday. The only thing we will have on Saturday will be our bed and TV. The two important things! Oh and my squat rack in weight set because I have to do my exercises on Saturday morning LOL

Mary from Minnesota
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Missed yesterday except for reading..........don't know where the day went.

I keep forgetting to tell you all that one of the regulars at the dog park is a very elderly German Shepherd who was a "bomb and land mine sniffer" dog in the ongoing war. The guy who owns him and did duty with him was his trainer and handler over there and made sure to get possession of him when it came time for Rock to be retired. He is a lovely dog who emphatically keeps some of the over excited young dogs in line if they disturb his bliss. A true hero and favorite at the park. I have met some amazing people and dogs there.

I guess I thought of that because my DD had to frantically text one of her college friends from Sweet Briar (which IS staying open...YAY!!!!!) yesterday to see if she was OK. The girl is back home in Afghanistan; turned out her brother was on his way to the bank and across the street when their parliament was attacked. Needless to say, we are very glad she and her family are OK. The parents (and now the kids) have essentially been nomads since fleeing with the Shaw of Iran........India, Pakistan, US, now calling Afghanistan home.....father is a diplomat, mother sets up schools. Dangerous life; not one I'd want.

Barbie........DD and I went out for Thai yesterday and your pic looked soooo good I ordered the veggies in garlic sauce; mine did have chicken instead of tofu. It was as delicious as your looked.

Heather........You are such a pro at this I have no doubt you will put recent events behind and move on better than ever. (((Hugs))).

Whoever mentioned the poem about the fog coming in on little cat feet gave me a huge rush of memories; we memorized that in grade school and I've always loved it. Thank you!!!
    Also........"fat chat" sounds fine to me.

Renny........I miss the old functions on MFP you mentioned also.

Cheri........DD and I drove down the eastern shore last summer and spent some time in Chincoteague; looked lovely to me.

Katla.........Glad your south end is improving!!!!!

I am behind (and being bugged) on writing that gofundme page for the support group so I best get to it.

More to write but out of time........and a day late on most.
    Stinkin hot and very humid; high is supposed to be close to 100.
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Tere in Richmond VA – Hooray for pants that are too big! I’m lucky enough to live in an area that has some really good thrift stores. I am also the beneficiary of a friend who has been cleaning out her closets. In the past 16 months I have spent around $200 total on new clothes. Not too shabby considering I have gone from a 36 to an 18. I have gone through a lot of clothing in this past year.

bkrinpet – How awesome that you are close to being off the BP meds. That is HUGE! Glad the doctor acknowledged that you have been doing all you can to get that cholesterol down. I hope you are successful in lowering it on your own, but if you do end up on meds it will just be the luck of the gene pool draw and not something you have done wrong. I’m sitting here cheering you on.

Carey – your retirement acreage sounds idyllic. Well, except for the “snow” part. I’m tired of living in the snow belt and hope to retire to a more moderate climate. Just have to figure out where that is and then convince DH.

Cheri currently of Fairlawn, Ohio – Income uncertainty and staying/moving uncertainty are 2 big stressors. Congratulations on not letting it cause you to return to old habits.

Nora – Hi Nora! Just think of slow weight loss as an opportunity to really learn new habits and get them engrained into your life. The more good habits you learn the less likely it is that you will regain all the weight as you move forward.

Joyce, Indiana – I am horrified over the kitten your daughter found. I wish the person who did that will find themselves in a position where their own mouth is glued shut. I really try to be a “live and let live” person but cruelty to animals and children (basically anyone who cannot defend themselves) makes me see red.

Tonia – This is the first time I have heard about a karaoke app. What fun!

I have lost 140 lbs. and am still “obese” according to BMI. I look forward to the day that I will be “overweight.” 20 more lbs. Meanwhile I rejoice in having gone from a BMI of 58 to 32. I’m definitely headed the right way.

LOL! This day just continues… I was on my way to get lunch at 1pm when the fire alarm went off so I continued on down the hall and out the door. Half hour later the fire trucks drive away and they let us back in the building. However, they shut the cafeteria when they evacuated the building and decided to just clean up and not re-open the cafeteria. I have just finished a burrito from the snack bar which is not what I had wanted or planned on. When I get overly hungry my brain shuts down and I turn into a cranky, whiny brat. Now that I have had food I am able to rationally assess the damage. Not what I wanted to do, but the day’s eating plan is definitely recoverable.

Mia in MI

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »

Mia in MI

We've been having a few thunder and lightening storm in the afternoon. I know that when my C-pap goes off; I yank the mask off because I feel like I am suffocating. I'm not sure there is an alarm on it. Might ask in a year when I can turn it in and get a new one. Some times I yank it off for no real reason; and DH will usually wake up from my snoring. I can snore in 'any' position, so turning me over is not an option. I have told him that it is very important when I start snoring to make sure the C-pap mask is over my nose.

Sorry that you did not get a good night's sleep. We had high winds, rain, thunder and lightening, all while the sun was shining. Weird! I guess the Devil was REALLY beating his wife. I'm on a MD list at our electric company and they try to get to us before doing others to get the power on. That is a good feeling (unless there are power lines down). We live out in the country (about 6 miles out of town, and probably 25 miles from the electric company (they'll in another county that touches us).
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options

Jack is my third, and LAST. Lol

LOL! I'm DH's 3rd (which was the "charm") :smiley: ,my 1st. Married 43 years now and still blissfully happy. We do have our moments when each of us could probably 'murder' the other; but, we never go to bed mad at one another. Our first date was the date that the Alabama Governor got shot campaigning for POTUS. He had to tie up my string sun dress before we went out. Bought specially for that reason. HA! I had gone to a company baseball game; but, it really wasn't a 'date-date'. One of his co-workers (a woman with 3 young children) flirted with him shamelessly. I had been the 'prize' of a bet between the men and women of his office; 'if Louis asked me out, would I agree'? I did and he turned and walked out of the door of the deli I worked in while going to school. Then I did not see him for 3 weeks (out-of-town working). I figured he must have been 'married' or something. We talked on the phone for 3 hours in 3 consecutive days and we got to know one another before our 'first date'. Beautiful eyes! Oh, and the women in the office won the bet. LOL!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    SSC1958 wrote: »
    JanetR: Thank you very much for the recipe and the website! Update: Checked out the site and it says: "Website coming soon" :smile:

DJ: I am definitely not a vegetarian! I do make at least one meal a week with beans maybe I'll have to start adding them to salads. Awesome planking...keep up the great work!
    awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Mary: You're right we'll figure it out. Good luck with all that packing ! Are you seeing a light at the end of the tunnel yet?

June Goals:

2. Eat 3 meals a day
    3. Log all meals

Carey-Edmonton

So Sorry about that its www.foodcoach.me See if that works.