lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options

bwcetc wrote: »
    May goals ... As stated last night ... a colossal failure! :'(
    -- gym twice a week - Not even close
    -- log every bite and swallow - Nope
    -- drink 8 glasses water - Better
    -- breathe - Most days ... but not all
    -- release (forever) at least one pound - Wah! Gained 4 pounds!
    -- finish recipe organization - Almost there!
    -- organize laundry so DS#2 can start doing his own ... he's 17! - Believe it or not, husband nixed this one!
    -- have fun every day - Sadly, no ...

Barbie said something here recently about keeping your goals where you can see them. I had to look for May's goals, so obviously they're not front and center. Going to change that. My June goals will be printed and posted where I can see them daily!

June goals: Going to go back to just the basics!
    -- Intentional exercise 10 minutes every day
    -- Log every bite and swallow. I'm going to close my diary for the time being. For some reason I do better when it's just me looking at my mistakes ... ??
    -- Drink 8 glasses of water
    -- Release (forever) one pound
    -- Stay within calorie goals
    -- And breathe ... rough days are ahead ...

Welcome to the new ladies!

YannieJannie ... the grape vines will survive ... but there will be no fruit this year. :'(

Beth in Western New York (WNY)

Hi Beth! I have not written/placed in visible place my goals...all pretty new to me. I'm glad you made a point of it. Sounds like a good idea. I hope to make a point of doing it in the morning.

Best success to you!

Sondre, South Fork, PA
  • lonemaple
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »
    I am sabotaging myself. I am not staying within calorie allowance. So unmotivated.

I have felt that way so many times. My motivation is reflective of what is going on in my life at the time. I have read some very helpful thoughts on this site, though. Don't beat yourself up. You will succeed....when you are ready
  • lonemaple
    Options
    CynthiaT60 wrote: »

Sondre and Lenora: If you want to post without quoting you can do that using the reply all the way at the bottom of the page. (I remember being confused between quoting and replying.) If you want to quote, use the quote, but you can remove the parts you don't need. Just be sure to keep the [quote….] at the beginning and the
    at the end and it will be right
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:[/quote]

Thanks Cynthia! Learning more every day!

Hope you have a wonderful week
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thursday here and slept in until 9am. Then having a dream and Blaize jumps on my head, is COLD. Got up and had breakfast
    My Sports Nutruitionist advised me to PLAN my food for the day, use BeneFibre to Get fibre over 21 g (23 today), log the food and stick to it. ONLY have protein shake if heavy lifting, I work out at home. Great advice, calories at 1700, which is top of my range, NO protein shake today.
    Training: Jeannette's Bikini boot-camp II, Jillian's Bod Rev weight I this morning, walk dog this afternoon
    Got in 14845 steps yesterday
  • lonemaple
    Options
    Sondre, you are welcome. Lol You do know that you can respond to a post, without quoting the whole thing, don’t you? Just checking. Yes, we can still eat normal food, but I think we need to talk about his ice cream every day??? ROFL. *shakin’ head” I think you are going to be an interesting one to watch. Good for you that you have made changes in your eating. If I worked as a candy dipper, I”d probably never want to look at it again; but then I’m not a chocoholic. I can take it or leave it. (Now cinnamon, I have a hard time leaving.)

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Good evening Janet, so nice to hear from you
  • stormywaters957
    stormywaters957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this type of thing not weight loss though. Constant yo yo over the years. The older you get the slower the metabolism. I would love to find an accountability buddy as well as just to have someone to chat with whose doing the same thing. I want so much but easily discouraged when the scale says the same thing after another week of really trying. Any fresh ideas for an old woman?. Stormywaters957@ gmail.com
  • lonemaple
    Options
    Dipping into the posts like a hummingbird… so many too many

I’ll check in when I can, but will be on a tablet, most likely, so less verbose. Might be a relief! smiley-rolleyes008.gifN

Lisa H in West Texas

Totally stole this from someone else: "You are not a dog, stop treating yourself with food."

45970499.png

Oh Lisa....thanks for the stolen quote. It hit me right between the eyes!!

I hope you have a wonderful time at your nieces graduation. How nice for you to be spending time with your sister, too! Safe travel!

Sondre, SF, PA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Join the group here @stormywaters957 and you will get all kinds of great support! Also, many of us are older than you and are experiencing success slowly but surely and so can you!
  • lonemaple
    Options
    First, let me add to the comment of "where the heck did May go???". I've not been on in the last few days, end of month is a very hectic time for me at work, so I've missed a lot of the posts.
    Welcome to other newbies as I'm a newbie myself.
    Rain here all last night and today. We needed it, so I'm not complaining.
    I've lost a few pounds in the last week, I can tell, but I'm not weighing until it's officially been a week....tomorrow. I've been lax at drinking water, too liberal with salt, so I'm trying to drown myself today. :wink:
    Hubby had follow up visit with doc Monday. PSA bumped up a little. Doc says no biggie, but it just seems like we can't catch a break lately. PSA up, new treatment. PSA goes back down a few month, then up again; another new treatment. And they all take their toll on that man of mine. He's a real trooper, I tell you. Been battling cancer for almost 8 years now with hardly a peep out of him. If it were me, I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs already for someone to find me something that works, for Pete's sake!!!! Every visit to his oncologist is a roller coaster ride of emotion. I wish I knew how to level it all out to a more even keel....
    My family wants me to tell them what I want for the big event (my 50th) and I honestly can't think of a single thing. Suggestions?
    My June goals are the same as May:
    More water
    More exercise
    More consistency
    More day trips
    Less negativity

Jules in South Carolina

Hi Jules. I am new here. What a lovely group of ladies!

I am sorry that your husband has cancer and all of the crap that goes with it. I pray that it will level out. How awesome to hear of his great strength. No doubt, you have great strength as well.

Big birthday coming up...when is it? Mine is the 13th. I'll be 55. I am pretty much at the point of preferring time spent with family over any material gift.

Sondre, SF, PA
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    Oh my word! Nine pages and 200 messages! That's from missing one day! The good news is that we are chatty and supportive.

today was my long day at work...11 hours. I do the 9 a.m. assessment lab then hang around to do the one at 4 (goes to 7). so I'm really beat and heading to bed. More good news...already over 8000 steps for the day. But not getting much more as I'm sinking into the recliner!

OK take care and I'll have more to say tomorrow. Oh, DH was going to go over the DD's house and discuss the ongoing drama issue, but was still too mad to go today. Probably a good decision!

Take care, Meg from Omaha
  • lonemaple
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    Mary from Minnesota – .

Sondre South Fork, PA – a chocolate candy dipper?!!?? I would have to quit my job. Congratulations on the nutritional changes you have made. I am awed

I have to track my food to ensure I am getting the correct amount of protein and calories. That is how I ran across MFP. I needed a food tracker that was easy to use and a friend suggested I look into MFP. While I cannot eat too much food in one sitting, I find that I can graze all day. Thus, my goal for this month to track my food daily. I need to avoid falling into old bad eating habits. I also need to increase the amount of exercise I’m getting. Building new healthy habits is hard for all of us, but so worth it.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here a little better as each day passes.

Hi! I appreciate the understanding you've shown for my employ. It is a daily struggle to keep the chocolate away from my mouth. I suppose it is helping me to become a stronger individual...,
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,714 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.54min, 14.8amph, 3.1mi = 98c
    spin- 45min, 90ar, 97aw, 10-15g, 20mi = 330c
    ride gym 2 dome- 6.22min, 13.4amph, 1.4mi = 60c
    ride dome 2 tan same new route- 20.23min, 9.6amph, 3.3mi = 220c
    ride tan 2 hm- 5.26min, 10.5amph,.9mi = 52c
    total cal 760
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    :sad: Katla, can I have some of your turkey? :sad: Can't sleep. Too worked up over the rental and the projected holiday.
    DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD. :D
    Why do I always agonise over everything?
    I tossed and turned in my spare room until about 2 am, but since then I've been well awake. I'm reading a great book called "A Buzz in the Meadow" written by a biologist who bought a house and large meadow in France to encourage insects. Love insects, though not personally, if you know what I mean. :laugh: I find their lives fascinating.

Thanks ladies for listening.

Welcome New People! ! ! ! Keep coming back in. Love all the stories of trials and tribulations. As one of our lovely members, Vicki, always says, we are all in this together. That's a great feeling. So many of us, in all corners of the globe, supporting each other in this struggle.

Hope I can sleep now.

Heather, feeling grateful for having you, in Hampshire with a full moon. UK <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of deep water. What a shame that my yoga class was cancelled! Tomorrow I'm planning to do a Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix DVD that I downloaded.

Lillian
    - I remember one time when our cat got skunked. It would lay in one spot and then move, it couldn't stand the smell of itself. I don't think it realized that it was him who was smelling. However, that was the one and only time it actually let me spray it (with this spray to take the smell away)

Mary from MN
    - as a last resort could you put those items (the snowblower, etc) into storage?

Joyce
    - I just read about getting the free donut at KK. Personally, I probably wouldn't go, but Vince might. Do you have to get a cup of coffee at KK (same thing at Dunkin Donuts)

workfrhome
    - welcome to a great place!

Alison
    - do you have a Planet Fitness near you? Their monthly fee is usually about $10

mambre
    - welcome. Tell us more about yourself

Carol/peach - today I bought another (yet another) tube of sunscreen at CVS. Not that they had a great price. However, I got a $3 off coupon good towards my next purchase. Now I know that they have milk for (again, not a great price) $3something. With my $3 off coupon and my manufacturers coupon, I'll get it for free. So what is bringing on all the infections for your Pom

Lisa - love those "signs". How cool are they! Have a great time at the graduation!

NC Carol
    - when Jessica comes here, what can I say? she's at "moms", so mom winds up washing dishes (at least she does put them in the sink), when she leaves makes her bed up, the usual picking up etc. I don't think they ever grow out of the "mom will take care of it" syndrome

Heather
    - I'm so proud of you, deciding to talk to your friend and then finishing your strength training. Wonderful! And then writing on top of all that. Norway! What a reward, and you so deserve it. Glad your dh decided to join you on the trip

Brenda
    - welcome, where in VA are you?

poop
    - only YOU would think of "Penny at the Pole" and envision her pole dancing...only you. You and your sister looked so much alike -- same wonderful smile and all. Happy birthday to Bullwinkle

Lisa - safe travels

Janet - you're almost as bad as Poop. But you do make me smile just like she does. I have these handle bands, I'm sure you've seen them. Anyway one of them is the lightest and that one I never use in the house. I have used it in the pool. So I tried doing something that I did with them on land (yes, wearing sneakers). I put it on the bottom of my foot, hold the band by the handles at my waist, and then side step. Really works the outer thigh (abductor muscle). So I tried that in the water, I sure felt it the next day. Maybe it was because I haven't done that exercise in a while. Don't you just wish we could claim the medical bills for our pets on our taxes?

I'm still so jealous of the Y where I moved from. They have so much. We got a new CEO since I've been here and to me he hasn't done a whole lot except things like put a new coat of paint on things, get donations for new lockers, etc

Chris - many times my BM's are so hard they clog the toilet. So lately I've been having some prune juice or dried prunes. That seems to be helping somewhat to keep them soft. I just want to avoid laxatives if I possibly can. A friend of mine has a fitbit and she needs to constantly be moving her arm. Never thought of putting it on the ankle. I'll pass that along to her. I'm so with you having a hard time throwing out food. I donate it to the soup kitchen or else try to give it to people. Actually, I had some meatballs left over from Mexican Train and as I was going home I thought to myself "now who can I give these to". Well, I divided them up and will give 1/2 to the place where I take the extremepump class and the other half to one of the Y's around here (I like the gal who is head). I can get my shirataki noodles at WalMart. I know Lowes Foods sells them (but I don't think you have a Lowes Foods up there)

dbrinkmeyer - welcome! Nice to see you jumping right on in. You've come to a great place, you'll find lots of people here who will make you feel accountable. You've already seen examples of it (Heather's throwing out the cake because of us)

Sylvia - glad you feel better. I tried to find a way just to bold the names (like hitting 'control c') but no go. I have to constantly scroll up which can be a pain at times

Tina
    - welcome back! You've come to a great place

rini - glad you decided not to be so silent. Welcome!

tere - congrats on the new car! At least you HAD a house when you came back after leaving it in the hands of two teenage boys....lol Can you put yogurt IN your oatmeal?

Sue in TX - bet a lot of those homes aren't in flood plains. Insurance companies are probably going to be really changing their policies. I know shortly after Andrew hit Florida, we had the most interesting time getting insurance for our condo (even tho we're on the third floor)

ydaily and miakoda
    - welcome! We're just a chatty bunch

Poop - Poor Kirby, and you didn't know about his flat! Good for you getting a pullthru

yanniejannie - sending lots of strength. Maybe you can get a bag of those mini 3 Musketeers and have just one whenever you're tempted to have a brownie. Less calories. dh is the same way...he loves cakes and brownies and stuff and makes them last FOREVER. And I have to walk right by them! I also have pieces of fruit that I'll have when I see those brownies, etc

stormywater
    - welcome! You've come to a great place for ideas!

Jules - your husband's attitude leaves me in awe

Michele in NC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today, I made a deal with the devil. I finally caved in, and sacrificed my deeply held beliefs for a little convenience. I downloaded Google Photos.

I'm someone who doesn't jump on the first shiny bandwagon in the parade. There is something deeply troubling about putting your precious photographs up in "the cloud". I just don't trust it. Who else is looking at my stuff? Secure? I have my doubts. But, it sounded so good, to be able to search for "dog" pictures out of the thousands on my phone. It took hours just to get them all up there, but now I can look at them on my iPad or desktop, or hubby's laptop, too. So far, I think I like it. And it does some really tricky stuff, too. It took some of my photographs and stitched them together into panoramas. It was amazing. I didn't tell it to do that, and don't know how to tell it not to. And it put a series of my DGS's soccer pics into a little movie. Didn't ask for that one either, but it's cute. It sorted my vacation pictures into Madrid, Barcelona, Toledo, Segovia and Avila. How does it even know where those were taken? It's spooky! Big brothers name is Google.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    It cut off my post! It's never done that before!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Poop, tell Bulwinkle I said Happy Birthday. Sorry about your sis. Not a happy anniversary.

Sylvia, you are right that if you bold something in Word, it doesn’t carry over when pasted here. It is a pain in the rear to have to keep going to the top to bold names, but that’s all I’ve figured out to do.

Tina, welcome. Yeppers, looking at a picture of me is about all it takes to get me in gear and eating right.

Ydailey, welcome to the forum. Sorry for the life problems you’ve had to face, but it sounds as though things are looking up. We are happy to have you and I’m sure you will find great support here.

Poop, sorry for Mr. Pip and his lack of air and tire.

Miakoda, welcome. It looks like you have done a fantastic job so far, so hopefully the support you get here will be all it takes.

Rosie, hope the haircut turns out the way you like.

Heather, your trip sounds fabulous. I know you and DH like to travel together, so I’m sure it will be fine, but I do know what you mean. Sometimes it’s better not to have them with us if we have to worry about them. Lol

Toni, my foot is getting a little weak from all these kicks. Plus, this time, I think the catching up was enough of a kick. I just can’t read fast enough to catch up if I get 4 pages behind. I don’t know how some of you do it?? Sorry about the phone and your dodgeier dodgey. (or something like that??) I know what a decision it is to have a painful surgery even when you know the outcome is great. This time rather than the cyber kick, just take this: (((Hugs)))

Yannie, yep we had rain again today and looks like will have it for the next 4, too. Unfortunately tomorrow is start of a 3 or 4 day Country Music Festival that is outdoors. I hope the weather doesn’t totally wash it out. Congrats on resisting those brownies. You are one strong woman! Turkey=sleeping pills? I guess, whatever works. lol

stormyH2O, welcome. This group of ladies is great for support and I have learned lots of interesting and helpful information here as well. The main thing is to learn to eat healthy, log everything that goes in your mouth and just never give us. Yes, as we get older, it is harder and slower, but it can be done. Good luck.

Heather, *shaking you gently* get a grip on yourself!!! Lol If planning a sale and a wonderful trip does this to you, what are you going to do when something terrible happens??? Just shut your eyes, turn off your mind and go to your happy place…..then to a peaceful sleep……..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gosh, I just had to scan over the last few posts. They seem to keep coming faster than can read them. I do love reading about all the adventures, mis-adventures, trials and triumphs. I did do better on exercising today but unfortunately didn’t do as well as normal on my eating. Tomorrow I can do better on both.

I hope you all have a wonderful, restful night and a happy and healthy day tomorrow.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Janet I love your word savor.

DH and I went on a walking tour along the Mississippi River in St. Paul. I like how our guide ended our tour. He reminded us that when something new is built along the river something is being replaced. Remembering the past helps us to remember where we came from and accepting that changes will come. It was a good message for me as I prepare for another visit to St.Louis. My mom's house is just about ready to go on the market. She lived there for 65 years and it is the house where I grew up. I am not sure how I will feel as I walk through it the last time. Letting go is not an easy task for me.

Loving all the pictures and inspiring quotes.

Pip I am afraid I am more comfortable referring to you as Pip too. I think it is such a fun name. Pip to me is full of energy and fun.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Cynthia – Good call on Becca and the water/fiber connection!!!

Workfmhome – welcome, I have a fitbit as do a few of the other gals….

Brenda, Miakoda – welcome

Heather - That was a beautiful cake, but if it was not a great hit that was the right thing to do…. Wonderful to get back to the exercising…. And the writing!!

Pip – happy birthday to Bullwinkle and sorry to hear it is a sad anniversary…

Janit – cheesecake is on the back burner – I am not having any cravings for that…

Dbrinkmeyer – it sounds like you are having a very tough time, we are a really good support system for each other.

Ydailey – welcome, what a great new career! Glad that stability is coming your way!

Jules – I have a neighbor dealing with PSA cancer issues too….he has gone high organic and low on the processed food - it has evened out the up and down of the PSA and kept it lower…

Terri – wonder if you could set aside a piece of KFC for the midnight munchies – and peel off the skin ahead of time.

Beth – sad to hear about your neighbor

Rosie – Great pic!!!

June goals:
    Walk every day 180 miles for the month (in May I did 175… thought maybe a higher goal would be good)
    NEW – 1 plank every day – and log them here - 2
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    do 2 fun things every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png