WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Lisa Happy Anniversary! You are glowing in your pics. Gorgeous dress.

Mary sorry about the set back. Is there other financing available? In the selling of my mom's house it was sold as is. I haven't heard if some of the condition issues are impeding her sale or not.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lisa - wow what a difference, Good for you. You lost one whole you. :) Thanks for sharing.

Janetr
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    JanetR- if I'd had sense enough to stay on track at the 18 month mark, like you, I might not be having to lose some of it again... But 200 was finally the wake-up call I needed...
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Real quick note... phone rang it was Sylvia's friends from Microsoft... So I had fun with them... Oh said I - my husband is really good at Microsoft stuff, I'll have him look at it... of course - No no no from them, but 1 said, he is really good! dragging them along....and making up *kitten* as I go along... " he's so good some folks have even heard of him, his name is Bill Gates" they tell me that no my husband can't help me, they need too! by now I am silently giggling thank god they can't see me... "Really?, so do you work for Microsoft? or a contractor? - they work for Microsoft... so I ask for their name again, and employee number - and tell them I will let Bill know that one of his employee's thinks that Bill can't fix his wife's computer" You do know says I, Bill Gates is your CEO. dead silence on the other end, then crash as they hung up. So if any of you want to borrow my fictional hubby (FH) he's available for free!

Kim
  • janetr7476
    Options
    JanetR- if I'd had sense enough to stay on track at the 18 month mark, like you, I might not be having to lose some of it again... But 200 was finally the wake-up call I needed...

Oh I understand believe me. I had given myself 5 lbs at the most and found myself up 17 went right back down to 11 and said NO WAY. It will be a life time struggle for me, but so worth it.

You're doing great. Being happy and loved and having support is such a big help. You'll do it. :)

Janetr

• janetr7476
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Real quick note... phone rang it was Sylvia's friends from Microsoft... So I had fun with them... Oh said I - my husband is really good at Microsoft stuff, I'll have him look at it... of course - No no no from them, but 1 said, he is really good! dragging them along....and making up *kitten* as I go along... " he's so good some folks have even heard of him, his name is Bill Gates" they tell me that no my husband can't help me, they need too! by now I am silently giggling thank god they can't see me... "Really?, so do you work for Microsoft? or a contractor? - they work for Microsoft... so I ask for their name again, and employee number - and tell them I will let Bill know that one of his employee's thinks that Bill can't fix his wife's computer" You do know says I, Bill Gates is your CEO. dead silence on the other end, then crash as they hung up. So if any of you want to borrow my fictional hubby (FH) he's available for free!

Kim

lol Well done, Kim.

Janetr

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Got my 10 k steps in this morning. It's our June gloom weather today, over caste, so the morning temperature is nice and cool. Great for exercising. I hope it stays like this next week.

Lisa - Happy Anniversary! You were such a happy looking beautiful bride.

Just hearing rain drops outside. Amazing!

Carol - how are you today?

Barbie- I treasure my time alone too! I like knowing all my time is mine and belongs to no one else.

Pip- he sure was a handsome dude, Such a terrible loss and so young. I'm glad your heart healed enough for you and Kirby to find one another.

Silvia- so sorry about the van. How are you all feeling today?

Terri- hope you're hooting and hollering at the Tim McGraw concert. Can't wait to hear about it.

Heather- I have visiting beautiful English gardens on my bucket list and am a huge Jane Austen fan. How's the property sale going?

Lisa- you are such a great inspiration to me. I'm gonna go find a before picture of me, like the one you bravely posted and owned.

Someone asked about my kids going so far away for college (DJ I think) and well the $'s are more reasonable or the same for them at private schools. My son will be in N C At Duke for his college freshman year this August, but I have family that retired there a few years ago, so yeah that's okay. My daughter is looking all over but I'm guiding her towards areas of the country where we a family/ friends too. Hope it works.

Still, I wish I had my kids younger and would never recommend starting at age 35! I really wasn't ready for kids before that and DH wasn't either. We both had demanding jobs and we travelled all over the U.S. and Europe. I finally said yes at 29 yrs old and have been married for 25 years. Time sure does fly

Time to get my Saturday rolling!

Rosie in So Cal
  • margaretturk
    Options
    Kim great story. Love it!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    sending hugs from Il
    jane
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Glad I made some of you smile with my comments now and then. I am like that at my TOPS meeting too. Maybe I was a Jester in a past life??? I do know how to juggle. In FACT, when we lived in California, we attended many a Renaissance Faire....and I would visit the Jugglers Booth. I would coyly approach, in my full garb of corset, many long skirts, and chamise, jewelery, and even a dagger put squarely in my cleavage... Ok you get the picture... Then I would go up to the cutest, most handsomest juggler and ask demurely, "Can I play with your balls sir?"......ah good times...I got good enough to juggle and pass to other people. I would mostly end my juggling with a ball falling into my corset...hahahahaha....
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    I caught up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather – I had not heard the story about DH and twin, did he ever feel like he was missing a sibling? Your DGD is a cutie!

Sylvia – take care! How scary that must have been!

Welcome Linda –

Pip – what a great pic, you may have been heavier, but you look so happy

Lisa – I love the gown… so nice to see something that doesn’t look like a Disney princess

Oh Becca - I can just imagine you with some poor juggler’s balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June goals:
    Walk every day 180 miles for the month (in May I did 175… thought maybe a higher goal would be good)
    NEW – 1 plank every day – and log them here – 19
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    do 2 fun things every week -
    week 1 – no traditional fun – but working hard to get all embroidery jobs done, clean up clutter inside and out, so that my doggy sitter will not have that to deal with, and the house will look nice when I get home.
    Week 2 – Seattle seeing my Godson graduate from college

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    hey peep heads -
    to clarify - lenny was husband #3, yes he was very handsome. that pic of me and kirby? that was definitely not at my biggest weight, i had lost some by then. i am now around 30 lbs lighter than that pic. i am going to try to find a pic of when i was big. when i married kirby that was the only time i was a fat bride. i will fish for a pic or two
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Courtesy of DH:

8ot3ac9yqdfh.jpg

...and now you wonder how I was able to eat it? Not to worry, it was not a problem :p

What ingredients do you see?

Have a great Saturday!
    Renny
  • pipcd34
    Options
    who cares rebel! it looks GOOD!!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    np59kdqax115.jpg
    928ay9lzsaue.jpg

Found some
  • margaretturk
    Options
    Here are a couple of pages from the picture book I wrote during a workshop. I do have fun reading this to students around Mother's Day. It is a counting book where you start with 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,and stops at 512. I was inspired by many of the children's books I read to my students like If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Don't Let the Pigeon Ride the Bus, among others. .gphl5m9fehlo.jpg
    57d2kltngjko.jpg
    hs941dl0uh5h.jpg
    lizbiyhb6kcw.jpg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    22phji19klt1.jpg

One of our wedding pics
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - so sorry to hear about the van accident. You have a great perspective though.

Kim - Fake husbands sure come in handy! I love it. Must remember for the right occasion.

Pip - You look great in all your pictures. Glowing with positivity.

Cynthia - after stressful times it feels good to look forward to vacation time. I have been enjoying my time off. Am going back on Thursday.

Barbie - I love my alone time too.

ttyl everyone.
    Renny

• pipcd34
    Options
    cnxj83rjf0ow.jpg

When I met Kirby , his long hair, this has got to b my favorite pic of him
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Beautiful weather in Chicago today. So far 10979 steps on the pedometer! Still have a walk by the lake to do with fellow MFP daughter.
    Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Saturday!
    Cheri in sunny Chicago