WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan - wow that is warm for your area. Sounds like you have a good idea "retirement". lol Enjoy the wedding tomorrow. The rest of the weekend will work out, you can only do what you can do. :) Glad the fire is no longer threatening, that's a relief.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Finally at the end! I started earlier tonight and there were still 4 pages!

Grit, I can't remember your name, I eat a taco salad with out the shell and have 10 chips and that works in my diet, I am not going to give up my taco salad! I will just adjust it to meet my needs. I'm an RN, well was an RN so I know all about what can happen if I stop a medicine. I take this shot once a week for my MS. One of my BIG problems is my procrastination. So an every MOnday what would then become a Wednesday shot. By the end of the month, sometimes I would have to take 2 shots the same night just to get all 4 in. By the very definition of MS, 'M' is multiple and mine is not multiple. I was diagnosed in 1997 and my MRI showed one lesion and there is just the one lesion. I rarely have to see her except for my yearly appointments. So we have been talking about the fact that this may not be MS but why try to fix something that's not broke so she keeps me on the same medicine. Plus this medicine at the first of the year is about $1500/month. After March I am in the catastrophic period in my insurance plan and it's down to around $150. So all that is part of my reasoning, whether it is flawed or not, of stopping it. But i have notice more problems with my cognitive abilities the last couple of months.

Heather, hope all goes well with your trip to see DH twin. Could she have this attitude because she is adopted and felt unwanted? You didn't say that working out with your husband is a plus in having your own personal gym in your house. Grand daughter is precious.

Caral, NC, glad your surgery went well. Now for the hard art right?

Becca, I fill up our pill keepers every Saturday night. Both of our insurance companies will let us reorder at the 3 week time. I don't know how or why I came up with this idea but I worry sometimes about a disaster and us being without medicines or not having access to a pharmacy. So I reorder everything at the 3 week mark and combine that last week of medicines until I have a full month of each medicine. Then after I reorder a medicine, I get in the container and switch new for old. I have it all in an old kitty litter container that is so tough I could use it as a float if needed. I guess I need to add some important papers in thee so that we know if we have to leave suddenly, grab the kitty litter box.

Oh Sylvia, I am so sorry that your poor van got wrecked. When you get a rental car be sure and get an equivalent to what you have now. One time when my car was wrecked y some one else they tried to give me the smallest most economical car on the lot. And my car was not that small. Also be sure that all of you are OK both physical and emotional before signing any check from the other parties insurance.

Linda, welcome, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now.

Janetm, sounds like you got a shot of epinephrine. Fun shot. Boy, works quick and makes you feel weird.

Pip, you looks so big in that picture! NOT! But if it was big for you then you were big. You sure do have a record for picking up hotties. Your 1st husband is sizzlin hot!

Wow, I need to make a trip out to the state of Washington now! Sue, Pip and I have 2 cousins who live there. In fact now would be a good time. All of the cousins from that family is on their annual family reunion out there.

Well I have gotten two more calls from this computer company today. I assume it is them. The caller ID says Skype call. Now how can a Skype call be calling me on a regular land line. Yes, some people do still have land lines. Our church choir is singing tomorrow morning for a funeral of one of our ladies. She had a daughter from out of town here one Sunday and the daughter really liked this song and requested it be sung at her funeral.

OK kids. Nite nite! Joyce, Indiana

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Missed a couple of days- but it is Friday and camp is over – next week I am doing a 4 day camp as july3 the city is closed for 4th of July (camp is held in a city building) so next week is 4 days of candy…. Help ! I need lots of self control!

But 240 posts to skim, as I am starting at 10pm …

Yanniejannie this “First..........suerontur.......don't leave mad, just leave........you rude comment was entirely uncalled for and I'm sure with your attitude you would not fit in here. Be gone.” Is so darn perfect.

Crazybee – start where you are able and add a little bit at a time, log exercise, first if that works, then maybe even log just breakfast …. You’ll get there, baby steps.

Joyce – Ben and Jerry’s wasn’t the best choice, but after that day I would have had 2 pints not just one! Take care, my heart goes out to you and to DH

Heather - I don’t think I could say “I don’t think this is going to be a great romance, do you?” I am a horrid “dater” I am so appreciative that a guy would even talk to me, I have no perspective…I just expect to little. But really other than my couple of sob story engagements…. I have had 10-15 dates in my whole life.

Carol – best wishes! Get well soon!!!

Katla – I have friends with an RV and they use it as “guest quarters” a lot, probably more then they take it on the road… and it works well to have a bit of distance

pat – love the lilies…

Michele – I am so impressed that you don’t want the sweets, is that how you have always been or a new development… I wish it was me.

Beth – hope this helps your son.

Joyce – At least talk to the Dr. before taking yourself off your meds…

Carol/peach – I have found bolthouse yogurt dressings for salad, only 40 ish calories per 2 T and good.

Oh dear …. It is 11:30 pm and just hit my head on the keyboard as I nodded off… I’m off to bed and back tomorrow… only too page 82.

June goals:
    Walk every day 180 miles for the month (in May I did 175… thought maybe a higher goal would be good)
    NEW – 1 plank every day – and log them here – 19
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    do 2 fun things every week -
    week 1 – no traditional fun – but working hard to get all embroidery jobs done, clean up clutter inside and out, so that my doggy sitter will not have that to deal with, and the house will look nice when I get home.
    Week 2 – Seattle seeing my Godson graduate from college

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • sharonanderson83
    sharonanderson83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joined a little while ago but could not get motivated so yesterday I thought I would try again and also took up walking mums dogs for my exercise fingers crossed that I keep it up
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Vicki: I love deviled eggs. My mom makes great ones. Glad I am going to see her in a few weeks; she’s aging fast....

Heather: hilarious caption!

Alison: hope you slept well.

Sue: glad to hear from you! Hope you enjoy your new place.

Pip: not having your lock is so annoying; you have to have a plan B right away.... How is your lens? Love your “passing” story. Photo: even when you were “bigger” you were cute. And your smile shines regardless of your size. Lenny looks like a sweet guy.

Lesley: so sorry about your daughter.

Michele: ((hug)) (just to give you a hug)

Carol: how are you doing?

Joyce: yes, a Skype caller can call you on a land line. I’ve got Skype to do just that. It costs a fraction of what regular calling costs.

Kim: hope you got a good night’s sleep.

I actually feel like doing some housework today. Better take advantage of it; I never know when I’ll get the next “attack”. :) It will be a busy time the next few weeks, there’s a special occasion to prepare for in about ten days and we’ll be going on vacation two weeks after that. Most years I’m not anticipating vacation as much as I am this year. It’s probably because of all that work stress during the past year, and my mom not doing so well at the moment.

Thanks for all the anti-cold wishes. So far, so good.

Hope we all have a good day!

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :) Jake will be gone for a few hours this morning and I'm looking forward to a few hours in the house by myself even if I use if for weight training while watching "Bones" and cleaning the bathrooms. I love my hubby and love that we have so much time together but time alone is so rare that I really treasure it.

:) When I walk I listen to something. For a long time it was music, then I discovered podcasts and now I'm listening to audio books. It makes the time pass and allows me the joy of reading without having to sit to do it.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington where it will be a toasty 27 C today.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,
    Well I am going up to my Dsil lake house in N.H.Thursday,they will be there for 3 weeks,but I'm going up for 3 days..it us beautiful and relaxing there...can't wait....Tom and the dogs staying home... ;) my cousins will at my aunts house which is a mile or 2 away up there,so will visit with them too looking sooo forward to it.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,
    Well I am going up to my Dsil lake house in N.H.Thursday,they will be there for 3 weeks,but I'm going up for 3 days..it us beautiful and relaxing there...can't wait....Tom and the dogs staying home... ;) my cousins will at my aunts house which is a mile or 2 away up there,so will visit with them too looking sooo forward to it.

Oh that sounds like a great time! Are you sure you can only stay 3 days? ;)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Six years ago today I married my fella... put this together to put on FB - most of my friends are still friends, and most of those were at the wedding. The dress was a size 6, which is what I'm trying to get back to... :)

Oh - I did make my own wedding cake, which is why it's kind of interesting-looking. The flowers are silk, not real. Didn't feel like poisoning someone! And most of Corey's family came down from Alaska or in from California to attend the wedding.

Cheers, got to go run so I can get back and shower and we can head out on a day trip up to Fort Davis, just driving, our favorite relaxing time together. Hopefully by Monday, my life will settle down for a month or so until the kids come back with the grands the last week of July... :wink: Have a great weekend, folks...

c7dea97nc2z1.jpg
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lisa - Happy Anniversary! Have a great day celebrating!

Mary from Minnesota
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    Lisa,happy anniversary.. And your dress was beautiful <3
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ you looked beautiful and your DH so handsome. Happy Anniversary!

Pip ~ lovely pic of you and hubby

Carol/Peach
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

GRITSandSLUTS wrote: »
    "I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every moment of it." [unknown]

janetr wrote>> "lol Good one. Mind if I join you?" Come on over, we will make room for any and all. It’s a great place to be.

Poop, girl that pic may have been from when you were bigger, but you both still look marvelous! And what’s 2 lbs among friends? Yes, I vote you “couple of the year”! Does Kirby know how many older ladies are in his fan club? Ya’ll are too damn cute!! And I see you only pick the “lookers”, when I see Lenny’s picture. So sad to lose him at such an young age.

Cheri
    , I know you won’t let a little (or lot) rain dampen your spirits on this trip. Have a marvelous time and eat smart. Friday’s has so many yummy temptations.

Mary, that is one problem with the appraisal getting in so late. I didn’t know the roof needed repair/replacing and that it was an FHA loan or I would have warned you. I’ve been out of “the game” for a while, but when I was a Realtor, the roof would have to be serviceable for at least 2 years for the loan to close. They wouldn’t’ t take a credit, it had to be done. What is your realtor doing? Did she not even explain that to you? If she is not still working for you, she needs to be fired and not get her commission. I hope you have contacted the Broker for a meeting. The contract will need to be renegotiated and the roof repaired/replaced. Were there any other issues? Good luck. (((Hugs))) So glad the candy bar has left the building. Just don’t send it around us.

Lilian
    , too bad you probably won’t get to retire soon, since you are so young. Just try not to let the stress of too much to do, get to ya. Most of it will wait until you get around to it. An attitude adjustment is always a good thing…any chance to get one when you go to the wedding. Just remember we are with you and wishing you well.

Joyce, I don’t have MS and have noticed more problems with my cognitive abilities the last few months. All I can think of is that same ole answer: “At your age”, that doctors often use. I don’t want to think it’s senility or early Alzheimer’s. There are just times when I can’t think of a word, like the name of a restaurant that I know well. It does concern me somewhat. (I think?)

SharonA, I can’t tell if this is your first time in this forum but welcome. Come here often for the support you need. Walking the dogs is a good start to exercising. Take it one day at a time and just try to add to it when you can. Tell us a bit more about yourself so we can get to know you. We ask that you sign your posts with the name you want to be called and a location. You can do this. Good luck.

Allison, have a wonderful time in NH.

Lisa, Happy Anniversary! party.gif I love the pictures- thanks for sharing. So when did you gain the weight that you needed the surgery? You certainly weren’t big 6 years ago.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I can’t believe this month is almost over. In fact, I can’t believe the year is half over. I hate that time passes so much faster as we get older. It’s like the end is rushing toward us just as we want it to slow down. I hope you all stop to smell the roses and enjoy life. I am so thankful every day for the things I have, especially friends. I really don’t concentrate on the things I don’t have. Even with the health problems DH and I have had, I’m thankful for the good health we do have. I can look around and see so much struggle, sorry, and unhappiness in the world and just thank the good Lord all our blessings. I hope each of you have the blessings that you want and need. Have a great day.

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more.
    If you concentrate on what you don't have,
    you will never, ever have enough.
    - Oprah Winfrey

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Update on appraisal- not good. We reduced our price for future purchase of new roof and windows. Buyers knew that. But, FHA says that the roof needs to be replaced. Now what??? They wanted us to sign an extension but can we ask to have our realtor get the second offer??? Anyhow our realtor isn't helping so my DH asked her to set up a meeting with her and the agency broker. She just gave us the brokers number. Any advice on how FHA works would be appreciated!

Michele- thanks for your support! The candy bar has left the building!

Barbie- I haven't heard those songs in ages! I loved them.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

All I have ever heard was the a FHA (sometimes a VA) loan takes one hell-uv-a job to satisfy them about the amount of the house being consistent with others in the neighborhood and they will make the seller 'correct' any tiny thing so that it will comply. Quite often because the buyer puts now little (or no) down payment and they want to make sure if they default on the loan, they won't be downside on the house. I've heard that they are several months in making decisions.

Good thing that the 'candy bar; has left the building! Good choice!

We listen to country music on the channel that plays the music of the younger artist; but, we still occasionally go back to the old station to pick up the oldies. I like just about any genre of music; other than rap.
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday ! ! !

Last night I bought meat and salad from a nearby grocery store to eat in my hotel room and watched the movie about the whales that got stuck in Alaska several years ago, because DS and DH wouldn't have enjoyed it. Today I think I will walk to a restaurant for a late lunch then drive to Country USA. I don't want to miss Tim McGraw. I feel like I have done well with food and exercise this week and clothes still fits good so I'm looking forward to stepping on the scale.

Hugs for everyone ! ! !

Terri from Milwaukee ( currently in Fondulac)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Lisa - Happy Anniversary. Gorgeous pics. Love your gown and the cake is beautiful. You look every bit the "Princess".

Janetr
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. College visit day went well yesterday but it took the entire day. Then we went out for dinner, drinks, and several games of pool.

Today we are just now running out the door to some home improvement places then having friends for dinner. Take care all Meg from Omaha
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    good morning. - been reading your posts and think I can fit in here. I will post a picture as soon as I find one I like. Ok - that will probably be never. Goals- increase exercise. Log everyday.
    I like to be called Gayle

g
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Dropped back in while I'm still dripping (glowing!), trying to cool down enough to jump in the shower...

DJ - I lost weight to go into the US Air Force when I was 18 - 60 pounds in 60 days, from 187 to 127 between January 8 and March 8. When they measured my body fat in basic training, it was only at about 11 percent, and I pretty much fainted every time I stood up fast. They bumped me up to a max of 145 pounds for my height throughout my four years--which I maintained until the last year I was in. When I got out, I weighed about 160, 165, and went onto fertility pills trying to have a baby with my first husband. That was ultimately unsuccessful, but the combination of no more weight restriction plus the fertility pills put nearly 80 pounds on me in six months... I gained weight so fast I ended up with stretch marks. After that, it was decades of yo-yo dieting--I'd drop 10 or 15 pounds, and when they came back, they brought friends. When I had the gastric bypass in September 2005, I weighed 303 pounds, and had lost an inch in height from spine compression.

I got all the way back up to 5'2" tall after I lost the weight, and I believe I weighed about 150 the day of the wedding--but was still in a size 6. My mama always told me I was dense! :smiley: I've averaged a gain of about ten or twelve pounds a year since we married... and decided it was time to take those back off--which is how I landed at MFP, and with you guys! At least it was because I was so happy I quit paying attention, and not because I was miserable... :wink:

Below is a quick snap of me about two months pre-surgery. I kept that one pair of jeans that I could barely fit into at that point, 36WP, to remind me whenever it's necessary.

xw8u7d2yb1b8.jpg