WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Alison: Be gentle with yourself, you do matter and we all care about you! Try not to worry about the situation until you know for sure what the results are. Our minds are notorious for jumping to a wrong conclusion or the worst possible outcome.

Lenora: You don't have to download the smileys... just copy and paste the BBCode or forum code from the smiley you like. Usually computer security is related to downloading files not linking to a URL.

Carey-Edmonton
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Saturday here and NO training today.
    I did not get to sleep until 3am this morning. I am going to thoroughly clean the house today and get as many steps in as I can.
    Food = 1780, so should be right. Saturday pizza for lunch. Fibre at 41 yahoo
    Woke to heavy rain so no dog walk I guess unless it stops more this afternoon
    OK going to play on FaceBook, shower and clean this house
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Deedee I understand why it took you so long to let that home go to the fire department. ((Hugs)) It was a wonderful wish of your husband to want to donate it for that purpose. Thank you for sharing. Now his kindness is a part of me and will help me to the right thing when given the opportunity.

Since you own the property you can decide to do anything you want with that spot. It is the memories and the people who are important as we go through our life.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Mom216, welcome to a great group of ladies who are very supportive. Please tell us a bit about yourself and sign each post with the name you’d like to be called. Best of luck with your journey.

Lillian, sounds like you do have a busy week ahead. I hope you have time to enjoy yourself and the grands.

Katla, glad you had a good time visiting with friends at the park. Enjoy your busy day.

Joyce, I’m sure the animal rescue will be thrilled with your donations. If you want to donate the china cabinet, could you give them a picture of it and the winner could come pick it up at your house? Just a thought. I would like a donut today but not sure I’ll make it out to the donut shop. That might be something I have to work on. It is one of the things I miss and would gladly work it into my calories. It only seems appropriate that if I’m going to have one, it should be on Natl Donut Day, don’t you think?

Heather, great job of keeping weight where you want. I am so excited for your trip and getting all the reports as you go.

Penny,. You know we’ll be rooting for you tomorrow and congrats on your prize. Gosh, I don’t think I’d like living there. I need my summer temperatures. Even when we lived in Milwaukee, it got hot in the summer. Just glad that you like it and that’s all that counts.

Mary, I don’t think you need to worry about getting a certain number of steps in, with all the lifting and other exercise you do. Not trying to slow you down, you understand but just saying.

Nurseadair, welcome. Glad your hubby is better. Gosh, there are lots of us that would love to lose 21 lbs without even trying. Best of luck in getting calcium and cholesterol within range. This is a very supportive group so I hope you’ll come often. Please sign each post with the name you want us to call you, and a general location is nice too.

Poop
    , you know you would not be too raunchy for other rooms. But we like having you here, so it’s okay that you don’t grace them with your presence.

Mia, you can sing/hum my theme song any time you feel like it. Fantastic job on dropping all those pant sizes!!! Yes it is fun to get to go to a smaller size and I’ve had fun getting out of the Women’s department.

Allison, sorry about the incident with the tray. I hope it’s not as bad as you seem to think, but remember we all support you.

Carol, that is somewhat upsetting news. There may be another explanation?

Sylvia, so glad you are feeling better. And yes, it’s good to know that everything checked out. You divided the bracelets the same way I would have. The mat cutter was such a bargain, I probably would have bought it. Now that you have it, maybe you’ll cut some a bit more often. Cute (and true) cartoon.

Beth, you go girl. Son’s may not have a wife at all and need to know how to do basic cooking and cleaning. My DH is better at ironing than I am, thanks to his wonderful mother.

Heather, it’s wonderful that you can carry the heavy load now. It’s amazing the things we can do after losing some weight, that we couldn’t even consider before. Wow, a few weeks in France in December, sounds wonderful!!!

Mia, we’ve all learned lessons like that, the hard way. I rarely eat something without looking up the calories first.

Yannie, terrific loss!!! You go girl!!! 4 ½ pounds is wonderful. I’m sure you were proud.

Carey, so great that your masseuse could tell a positive difference. So glad we could contribute to it.

JanetM, I am laughing as I read your post, wondering if your brain is going as fast as it sounds when I read this??? It sounds like you’ve had too much sugar, but that might just be my reading. I feel for your hubby with his spinal fusion. Was it upper or lower spine? I had 3 vert fused about 10 years ago. S1, L4 & 5. The most painful thing I’ve ever gone through. Water exercises saved me during my rehab. I hope he is doing well? I have naturally curly hair that is frizzy in humid weather. I wear it short and cut it myself. I used to have it cut, but it seemed crazy to pay those outrageous prices for such a simple haircut. I bought some good electric clippers and do it myself. Plus, you know when you want it long it won’t grow and when you want it short it won’t stop growing. Lol Now I can cut it when it needs it, every 2 or 3 weeks.

TNToni, I am just forcing myself to not respond to as many posts, so I can keep reading and try to catch up.

Barbie, have a safe and fun trip. Tomorrow will be one long day. Glad Jake is doing well.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I had a rather lazy day today. Ate well but still wanting to eat constantly. I started a new book and haven't been reading much lately, except for Heather's book. The weather was beautiful this afternoon after a very overcast start to the day. Tomorrow I may go to the pool for a while to try to save the tan I got on the cruise. If I don't feed it, it will go away.

I love you wonderful ladies and hope you all have a great day tomorrow. <3

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Just want to say a quick hello. I’ve been getting up to work out every morning at 4:45 thanks to our four legged alarm needing a refill on his kibble. smiley-hug011.gif
    Well, I did set a goal to burn more calories, so that extra time is actually a good thing. But by 8PM I’m yawning and by 9 I’m out.

We’ve had a lot of crazy storms this week. The county due east of us had tornados on the ground this afternoon.

Yesterday I was wearing a pair of capris that have been loose for awhile. However, just for kicks I tried to take them off without unbuttoning, and sure ‘nuf, they slid down my hips. They are in the Goodwill pile now.

Stay well. We can do this.
    Rori
    Colorado Foothills

June Goals
    Increase weekly calorie burn goal by 20%.
    Keep consumption of alcohol to 2x week
    Give someone a compliment every day
    Once a week, call a friend just to check in.
    My word for 2014 is mindfulness.
  • JoanMichelleAmena
    JoanMichelleAmena Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Spent most of the day with my daughter as she is recovering from her tonsillectomy (feels like knives in her throat sometimes), then I picked up my granddaughter and we played Cinderella (got out my old mother-of-the-bride dress and became the Fairy Godmother). Big news flash! I ate at Red Lobster tonight and ordered Caribbean grilled salmon and shrimp (heavenly concoction) and REFUSED the cheese biscuits. I didn’t even mind! Bless my skinny husband for not getting any either! My food was within my allotted calories and tasted wonderful. I gave my granddaughter cotton candy ice cream and only ate one teaspoon. To my own amazement, I also did not mind SAVORING that little treat. This from a woman who would previously have DEVOURED one huge bowlful (at least.) I feel like I have turned a corner and gained so much self-control over my eating habits. If and when I lapse at some time in the future, it will only be temporary, not a long period of unhealthy eating. Thanks everyone for inspiring me to be healthy!

Welcome, Peggy! - Great goals! I have only been here a short time, but there are lots of women in this community who have lost a great deal of weight and kept it off through healthy eating and exercise. They are very inspirational, down-to-earth people.

Yvonne - My husband also has the metabolism of an energizer bunny, the appetite of a NFL player, and the physique of Gilligan from Gilligan’s Island. Fortunately, he is also a prince, so it is impossible to be resent his good fortune while he packs in the calories.

Sylvia - Prayers for you! Take time to care for yourself.

Jules - A long country road of sand! That sounds wonderful! I have such good memories of visiting my grandparents farm, milking goats, feeding chickens, and walking long country roads. Congrats on being down 10 pounds! My history is to eat when under stress, so I admire you for eating healthy despite the stress of your husband’s cancer diagnosis.

Heather - Glad your hubby wants to share your bucket list dreams! Very sweet.

Vicki GI NE - What is the CMA?

mimarg- Congrats on the 15 pound loss! That’s nothing to sneeze at! I’ve lost 9 pounds so far, and I too feel so much better. Clothes are starting to fit well, instead of straining at the seams too!

Kim - WOW! 180 mile goal. Impressive! I would like to do that one month in the distant future.

Janet - Best of luck in breaking the nicotine habit. You have inner strength that is obvious to everyone, so I know you can do it! Keep us posted on your progress!

dreamwriter - I’m sure your friends are not house inspectors, so why would hubby want to put on a show for them? I’ll bet they would feel honored that you feel secure in their friendship, and are willing to be real with them, instead of pretending that you live in a magazine picture.

nurseadair - I’m fairly new here, less than a month. Good to hear that your husband pulled through a period of bad health.

grandmallie - Alison - No one is perfect. Not one single person. So sorry they don’t know that at your work. It breaks my heart if DH doesn’t know that either. We all need kindness and understanding. Every single person does. Hopefully, DH will come around and realize that.

Pip - Don’t have time to read the article on when it’s good to drink cold water vs warm or room temperature water, but I can tell you from experience that it is not a good idea to drink cold water at lunch before teaching a room full of fifth graders. When the teacher poots, they notice. Room temperature water saves your dignity.

Becca by the beach - My favorite summer memories — getting squirted with the garden hose and playing devil in the ditch.

Joan in Alabama
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sylvia: I am thrilled that your medical tests turned out so positive. Your Granddaughter’s will be thrilled that you all have a new bracelet. :heart: I also love the cartoon! :laugh:

Kim: Our town hosts an event called "13 Nights on the River" each summer. There is live music provided by a different band or group each week, along with a beer garden, food carts and crafts. A couple of years ago they added a kid’s music event on the same day about a block away. Their music is popular recorded music. It is a much-loved tradition in our community. We’ve had this weekly celebration all summer for the last 13 or 14 years. It happens not far from our house, so we’re regular attendees and usually sit with neighbors. :bigsmile:

Beth: Our DS learned to do laundry when he was in fifth or sixth grade. It was a good thing. :smiley: He didn’t always have to do his own wash, but took turns with it and took care of it if he wanted something done for a special occasion and I was busy.

Heather: Your visit to the gardening center sounds like fun. You have transformed yourself in the last three years. Me too. It has been amazing, hasn’t it! :heart:

Yanniejannie: It sounds like you’re getting your ‘mojo’ back! I’m glad you’re posting again. I missed you. :flowerforyou:

Carey: I love your thought for the day. “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” - Valerie Bertinelli I only disagree with the last line. You can’t always choose whether things affect you, but you can decide how to feel about them and what to do about them. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I enjoyed reading the water article. Thanks! :bigsmile:

Becca: You live in a lovely place and have obviously got a good thing going with your DH. :heart: :flowerforyou: I like small town life, too.

DeeDee: Today was wonderful. :bigsmile:

I haven’t read all the posts, but I’m out of energy. I had a great day. It started with yoga and moved along to a boat ride across the river and lunch with two of my favorite cousins, and ended with a riding lesson. I am tired and happy.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Time for bed! We are going to reevaluate the house we were under contract with the asbestos and other issues. Tomorrow we are bringing a friend who is a construction contractor out to evaluate the issues with the house to see what needs to be fixed and how much it will cost. My DBIL has worked in real estate his whole life. He advised us that for what we are paying for the house we have to expect to do some work. He said that we should get out what we put into it, maybe more. He told us that the asbestos can be wrapped, encapsulated, which is safe and can be a DIY project. We can prep for insulating the roof and walls which should also save money. If the repairs are under 10,000 then we will purchase this house! I really love the whole property it really is a perfect retirement home base. We meet there tomorrow at 9am CST. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Poop- that is hard to say, I feel like such a potty mouth!

Allison - (((hugs)))

Jan- great loss! Glad that you are back and back on track!

MNMargaret - I am thinking of you and your family during this time. It is hard to take treasures from a loved one and sell or donate. The last 3 years I have been helping my DMIL distribute or mark her treasures to be given to loved ones. (((hugs)))

Janet - thanks for the info on steps. Today mowing the lawn for 3hours I got over 16,000 steps!

Barbie - have fun line dancing!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options
    damnit - trust me when i tell you, that i KNOW i could get raunchier than some rooms, you just don't know it.. i'll leave it at that.. :0)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    sluts - what I do with water isn't easy but I've gotten used to it. I drink it (more like chug it on some days) when it's warm. I can't chug ice water. even if it's not warm, room temp will do. I just do the plain 'ol water. I found out that warm/room temp water is better for you than ice water so that has made me to keep that up.

I've never ventured into the other rooms because I think I would be the one that would be too raunchy or disgusting and not them. :0/

Believe me, I have gone to some of them; they ARE rather raunchy (more geared to the younger group of people; body builders and those who look for that type) surprised what they will say to others they apparently don't know. I like this thread the best; encouraging and still funny stories.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    JanetMMcC wrote: »
    GRITS/Lenora - congrats on the painting award!
    AND on having to shrink your jeans. I've gotten from too-tight 20W to straight 16. Trying to decide whether to buy another couple pair in that size or wait for 14.
    Would it help to time the water? I cup after brushing teeth, and a cup when you first sit down to work, one at 10 and 1 at lunch and you'd be done with the first quart.
    So your doc wants you drinking 16 cups a day?
    I keep a 32-oz straw-thru-the-top mug at my desk. Refill it so often I wonder if I'm drinking too much water.

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Right now I am pretty much 'between' sizes . . . some of my 16's are too big, some fit; same with the 14's. The only reason I bought an 18 is when I purchased 2 pair of short that were 100% cotton (and of course, when they got loose, I put them in the dryer after I had washed them - to shrink them. Needless to say, I cut the label out. LOL! :o Tonight I got in a lot of water, compared to some other days. Right now I am up to 9 8-ounce glasses of water (including coffee which would have zero calories if I could ever get use to it being 'black' . . . UGH! No, she did not tell me to drink 16 cups a day; she just said to increase it as much as I could, over the normal 8 8-ounce glasses a day. Think I will just have to count those sugar calories. Don't know if it is best to wean yourself off the sugar or go 'cold turkey'. Any suggestions? Anybody?
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Beth – If you are doing a “good” day every other one, strive for every one, but celebrate that every other is better than every 3rd or 4th….

Carey – isn’t it great to have someone else see how the changes we are making show in more than just our clothes.

Joyce – hare spray LOLOLOLO

Alison – you are allowed a bit of a pity party, take a few days, then get started in on the job hunt, even if they don’t sack you, you need to find something else! There is a place with folks that will appreciate you.

Michele – yeah I knew Heather would know how to face that fish too!

Pat – plodding along is the best! you keep it up! I call myself the turtle in my hiking group, always last, but just keep plodding along!

Rori – awesome NSV on the capris!

Joan – great job at Red Lobster – I could live on just their biscuits….

We have so many newbies, a bit of background - I run a machine embroidery business from my home (small business logos, personalization of all sorts of items, and high school letter jackets), I also do garden maintenance for 2 clients, and teach cooking classes… So today was busy all day, but I feel like I accomplished so little…. It is because I ran the embroidery machines all day on Letter jackets, so they are all lined up needing patches sewn on… so tomorrow is gardening in the morning at the garden of Eden – which provides fresh veggies to 2 homeless shelters and a food bank, and patches in the afternoon!

Sunday is planning kids cooking camps as the first week is the week after vacation! So the first week 6/22 – is morning of intermediate baking for the 9-12 year olds, and afternoon of beginning baking, for the little kids (8-10 years), it is a very busy week… but I love it. I have the beginning baking mostly planned, working on intermediate now… The following week is candy making, then later in July is advanced baking..

My excitement today was a surprise visit from a client who has not been in my good graces, he owed me just under $700 and has been very slow about paying – I was wondering if he would, and he came with cash! That made a huge difference in my budget…

June goals:
    Walk every day 180 miles for the month (in May I did 175… thought maybe a higher goal would be good)
    NEW – 1 plank every day – and log them here - 4
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    do 2 fun things every week - week 1 – no traditional fun – but working hard to get all embroidery jobs done, clean up clutter inside and out, so that my doggy sitter will not have that to deal with, and the house will look nice when I get home.

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for you support and encouragement.

Lago pus - Rooting for you.

Lillian - I've read the Happiness Project. It was a good read. Currently on the search for Ageless Goddess.

MN Margaret - I'm fine now although both arms are still quite colourful

Yannick nice - good loss

Had a good visit on the dec
    Sharon in Alberta
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Whew! I finally came to the end!!!! Don't you girls ever take a breath???? LOL

Penny at the pole, I think it is more 'Heather what don't you write?'. Heather has written books ofr kids a good while ago and then decided to start writing for us adults. She has several books in her head at all times and I have suggested she do an illustrated cook book.

Lisa?(lhanon) you really don't get out to the big city very often do you. You have to buy 4 sizes at a time. Girl, you need to get your man off that ranch more often.. Good luck and have fun.

Nurseadair, welcome (back?), glad that your husband is healthier and you can concentrate on your own health now.

Elanna, love what you do with the junk mail!!! Quite creative. The way I see it is that at least it gives the mail carriers a job.

Chris MA, great idea on the charities. Thanks for the info. I'm sure many here will appreciate it. Good job on hte Mapmywalk reward. Us women always love a good bargain.

Mia, in MI, doing the happy dance for you!!! Good for you for sticking with it for 5 days now. I have full confidence you will do OK on the weekend. Yes, there are a lot of hand bell choirs. Our church has a very small childrens group. We are mainly an older person church. They play the hand bells about 4-6 times a year. They always play for one hymn that we are singing and then amp the sound up on the last verse. I don't have much hair left on my arms but what hair I do have is just standing straight up when they do that. It just gives me the goose bumps it is so beautiful. I don't particularly like the large adult hand bell choirs. My niece is part of one and my sister and her husband will drive the 600 miles just to see and hear it. I just don't like the sound as much as the childrens bells. We have several Catholic churches around that have regular bells that hime and you can hear them form miles around.

Terri, Just sing along with the radio, a favorite CD. Sing silly songs with your son, sing until you make him laugh and it will give him memories to last a life time. Never, ever give up on singing!

Katla, Nurseadair, I have my first bone density test later this month. I have never even considered the thought that I might have osteoporosis or osteopenia, but then I never thought I would drop from 5'6 1/4" to 5'4 1/2". I have taken Calcium with Vitamin D3 for years. I have to remember not to take it the day before or day of the bone density test.

Allison, that's so scary. I really do think they have it out for you. Is it because of your age and they don't want to carry you on thier insurance since you are 55? If they do fire you I would love to be a little fly on hte wall as you tell the big boss what they are doing to you. I can remember being reamed out by a doctor when I would break the sterile field by some mistake. But for me there was always a co-worker to hold me and give me a hug. Dear Allison, WE care for you. And there a lot of us here. So just remember that as you are pulling your big girl pantys up.

Sylvia, so glad you can now see that it was a good idea to go to the ER. The difference between stable and unstable angina is that with stable angina you have it with stress of some kind, whether it be emotional or physical. Unstable angina is when you just have angina, anytime for no reason. It might be when you are asleep, no stress, just doing nothing. That's the dangerous kind. My husband has the stable angina also. I think you should take a picture of that beautiful pottery you do, cut yourself a matt with you now wonderful matt cutter and frame it. Now you have a work of art framed in a work of art. hang it in your house or sell it along wit your pottery shows.

Beth, You have no idea how long it takes me to formulate a thought, think about what I want to say, sit and think about it, look up words, look up synonyms when I can't find a word and then put it here. I don't know how many times I have used dictionary.com just because I can't spell a word. But thank you very much. I am just glad I don't have very many problems with my arms or legs or a lot of nerve pain that so many people do. I do consider myself very lucky and I also know that MS is a blessing that God gave me as it gave me the huge kick in my butt to realize I was taking my life in the wrong direction. nursing was #1 and family was a distant I am not really sure how far done the list.

Becca, my, my. You sure know how to make a person smile. Thanks for the pick up!!!

Patceoh, if you ever see the name Jeff Overton as you are watching your golf, he is from here in Evansville. We really thought he was going to pull himself up and take his career somewhere in 2010. But he has never one a tournament. I think he will end up being the oldest PGA player to still be on the tour and never won. He has made the cut for this weekend though.

Janet, the charity yard sale this weekend is donation only. Technically a person could buy something that is worth $100 and only pay a dime for it. that is that persons right. My oldest daughter told me she still wants me to keep it in the garage in hopes one day she will have a house big enough for it.

Mary Minnesota, sure hope this pulls through for you and your dream house. From watching all the HGTV shows though, pulling asbestos isn't a DIY job. The people on the shows always hire that out to the professionals. God luck,

This has been a nostalgic weekend for me. I'm not sure if I mentioned it last night or not that when we go to Walmart we go by the house I lived in when I graduated from high school and officially left home. I saw it was for sale and looked it up and put the link on face book for my siblings to see. So this morning I was looking at Face Book and see a yard sale at our starter home when we first got married!!! We immediately went over there. The person that was there was the sister of the person who bought it. They had essentially gutted it and completely redone the house, waterproofed the basement and finished it. One thing we loved about it was the upstairs. It looked like it had so much potential but we just could never find it and the landing at the top of the stairs was so small, it was so hard to turn a corner. So they finished that, made the whole upstairs into a master suite with large bathroom and large closet. It is now a day care and the upstairs and basement not used. I sure wanted to peek into a window but she never offered to let me. the kids weren't in it. A lot of good memories though. I think I will email the realtor for our childhood home and have her let me know when they have an open house. The church that Dad was at at the time had the house built for us so we were the original occupants.

Had my doughnut, wasn't worth it.

Joyce, Indiana

• Gilly139
    Gilly139 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I am another one who reads all but can only reply to few.

DeeDee - Starbucks hot chocolate - Yum, apple fritter would not do it for me and I am sorry to say that I do not even know what a country ham biscuit is!

Sylvia - so glad it was a false alarm but always worth getting checked out. Never a waste of time. I am same about going to doctors though. Always leave it until last minute and sometimes means a lot more work has to be done because of it.

Meg- Isn't if funny how our beds don't like us getting out of them???

Katla - Unusual news about your concert, more often the music is so loud you cannot manage any conversation!

Sharon - Gosh, the arm problem sounds awful - hope you are not in too much pain.

Heather - are you going to post a picture of you in all your garden party finery? Sorry about all your sleepless nights but it sounds as if your cruise, with DH, will be wonderful and December in France, lucky girl.

Penny - I am from Ipswich :) and we do not talk about Norwich :neutral: especially when it comes to football!!!
    Actually my son lived just outside there for a while and you are right, Norwich is a lovely city. Good Luck for your half marathon.

Carol - I hope MRI and follow up will give better news for you.

Beth - Good on you - DS should learn. Thank goodness it is all so much easier than when I first left home, twin tubs and baby burcos (?) for terry nappies were a complete nightmare!

TNToni - I know what you mean about the amount of posts, I just slept last night and now there are two more pages to read! I LOVE hearing all about the different things people are doing though. I hope you managed to get your cheap flights. I only book train tickets at the lowest prices I can. I have managed to get some so I can go and see DGD collect an award from school next month, it is silly but I am so excited to be going as it will be the first time I have managed to get to a school event and she will be leaving to go to high school in September.

Mary - I really hope you manage to get your dream house and that you get the repairs done the way you want.

Joyce - Doughnut NOT worth it? and you had been so looking forward to it - that is such a shame. It is much better when you can say WOW! - naughty but nice :-)

I have got another full day at work today so will have to try hard to eat well. Unfortunately there are only a few patients in today but they come in at 15 minute intervals so I have to keep sitting at reception to book them in. Everytime I think I will just get up and have a walk, someone else comes in.
    Swimming tomorrow and hopefully monday and tuesday as well. Really need it or the scales are not going to move in the right direction at all.

Gilly, Suffolk UK

84029784.png
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Carol: so sorry. It isn’t hard to break a clavicle, if that’s any comfort. Did you ever fall from your bike? Second post: even online you seem better. You deserve it!

Sylvia: so glad you’re better. Good luck with the work.

Kim: I hope so. I have to really pay attention, though, or I’ll go to bed too late etc. Yay for the $$$!!

Alison: you DO deserve better and you DO deserve some time to relax. Can you just schedule a day off (no home duties either!) and have a massage or mani and a quiet lunch?

Cold water: used to love it; now it gives me stomach cramps unless I just sip it. When I was sick a couple of weeks ago I drank very diluted apple juice (like ¼ cup juice to 2 cups of water), in room temp water. Helped me drink enough.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:

54053224.png

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Gilly - my friend and I had our picture taken while we were there, but I won't get the photo until the next meeting in July. I will take a photo of the photo! :laugh:
    I love France so much that when I haven't been for a while I get a sort of ache inside and if I see it on TV it brings tears to my eyes. :cry: I don't think I will ever actually live there and I find holiday homes too much responsibility, but I do like to rent places for a couple of weeks. Because DH is not going to football next winter it seems the perfect opportunity. The countryside will be too quiet and miserable that time of year, but I thought a lively town would be all decked out in Christmas glory and there will be markets galore. We had a great time in Menton one February, but that has a microclimate that is very special. I am lucky this year that Christmas won't be my responsibility. Partly it is the language that I love and I speak it well enough to be able to have a normal conversation. I can't always understand when people talk fast amongst themselves, but I feel very comfortable in the country. :D It is surprisingly reasonable to rent places off season and we are happily retired. Anyway, haven't finalised any plans yet, only just broached the idea with DH, but it looks like it may be a goer. :)

Deedee - why wait so long? Go for it NEXT year! And yes, your daughter etc can go for part of the time. :flowerforyou:

Done my exercises. I slept well with an antihistamine, but it always leaves me groggy in the morning, so exercising is tough going. I did it though. o:) I like to eat, so I have to burn those cals! ! ! ! ! >:)

Going to be reading the paper (we only get one on Saturday) and planting the plants in pots.
    Katla - yes! The strength and flexibility of my aging body never ceases to amaze me. It is a gift I never expected when I started "dieting". I think more emphasis ought to to be put on strength training for the elderly. It is certainly life transforming. It has also transformed my brain as I used to think of myself as an undisciplined mess. I have a lot more self respect now. I certainly did not expect that as a side effect!

Love to all. Much love to everyone. I could not have done it without you. <3

Heather UK, who lost 57 lbs, but gained so much more. :bigsmile:

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My friend has just sent this photo of me and one of "The Girls" in York recently. I am the one in sunglasses! The apartment the friend who took the photo is buying is behind us and is where the two blue steel pillars are sticking up. There is a river down below us. :D

5lihx024sqzz.png

Heather UK

27681614.png