WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    happy june.
    Had a great weekend,with my 5 kids and 5 granddaughters.This gram is tired.
    lost 2 more lbs,drinking water has helped.
    Gonna try to do more swimming this month with Violet,since im limited with walking,
    Welcome new ladies,WE CAN DO THIS~~~
    hugs jane
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,187 Member
    Janet - the agency sent another man to look at it. Downstairs have got to replace their shower switch again. :sad: They said they would ring me, but I haven't heard anything. I sooooooo want to get rid of the #+×*? thing. It causes me so much stress!

My ex texted me today to say that the sale of his mother's house is completing on the 30th. He will then have the cash to settle the rest of her legacy to me. With that legacy I want to extend the lease on the rental so I can sell it. She has been dead nearly 10 years. :sad: My ex, from whom I parted amicably, is having investigations of his kidneys after a stent and liver trouble. He has just come back from France though. :ohwell:

Love Heather x x x x
  • lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    lonemaple wrote: »
    To find this thread, make sure you go up to the top and click on the 'star' . . . it will make finding it a lot easier. What confuses me is how they put a post that was given earlier and then post something under that? How do you do that? Is it for when you want to answer something somebody said, further up the postings? Thanks for welcoming me to this thread - needed something that people posting here were near to my age.

Hi, I am new at this too! I found that if you click on "Quote at the bottom of the Post it will give you am opportunity to reply. Once you have written the reply click on Post Reply. At least, I think that's how I did it.....losing brain cells daily!

Sondre, South Fork, PA

Tried that . . . not sure I did it correctly . . . lonemaple

Yep, that worked . . . Thanks

You're welcome!!
  • lonemaple
    Well girls, here goes....

My goals for June:

Eat ice cream one less day per week :'(
    Stay within my calorie goal of 1280....I'm a bit scared to verbalize this one
    Do yoga one day per week (surely this is possible)
    Walk more every day....for now I will calculate based on number of minutes spent

I think this is one fine group of girls, and thanks to you ALL, I am doing better than I have in the three months on MFP!!!

XO

Sondre, South Fork, PA
  • lonemaple
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good First of June, Ladies. <3

Michele
    , if it were up to DH we would still be eating on the everyday china we got when we got married. I’m sure many of you remember the Sculptured Grape pattern that was so popular in the late 60’s. I really liked it too and only replaced it after about 25 years because it came out that it had lead paint in it. The one I replaced it with was never my favorite and I think I picked it because it was less expensive than some that I liked more. DH was on that shopping trip. Lol Why do you not log your food just because you are over? I figure the log is for my information so I even log those days.

Becca, I love your goals. I agree that life is to be lived and for me that definitely includes laughing. Also, I think many people forget to listen to their bodies. They often tell us what we need, loud and clear. Good for you!!!

JanetM, you are right that 3 lbs last month was about 1 a week, especially since 1 week was a cruise where I gained 10 lbs. But, what can I say, I’m like everyone else and want it all off NOW. Lol I had a job for a few years that I worked from 2 pm till 11:00. I actually loved it because it gave me time to get things taken care of in the mornings before work. Now I don’t work and never have time to get everything done. :*

Joyce, thanks for the morning laugh, reading about you and your glasses in church. Of course it wouldn’t be nearly as funny if you had been sitting in the back of the church by yourself. ROFL

OhioMom, what part of Texas is she moving to? Keep lots of bottled water cooled and at reach. Trust me, moving will give you exercise that steps alone would not offer. You should do fine.

Allison, so what was leaking? I hope it’s a fairly easy fix. DH loves to tease also but so often it’s not funny. Since I’ve been losing weight he will call me “skinny” or “slim” and if he only knew how great that feels compared to some of the un-nice things he has called me over the years. I just don’t think they realize, but glad all you had to do was tell your DH and he stopped.

Heather, I don’t know about you, but I feel like you accomplished a lot in May. On your Paper Work, why don’t you just take 15 mins a day, say maybe 3 days a week, and you know how fast you would clear a spot on that desk. I know how in the past, you let the book seem insurmountable at times, so trying to help with the paperwork.  Congrats on your bling. I like it too!!

Stephanie, welcome to this group of wonderful ladies. I know it is hard to stay within calories when eating out and drinking all the time. You are smart to add exercise if it is too difficult to change eating. I find the worse part of the drinking is the calories in mixes. Too bad I don’t like anything mixed with water, but I don’t! At home I drink diet tonic with no calories, but the dang bars won’t carry it. Lol We are glad to have you.

Penny, welcome to you as well. You are welcome to rubberneck all you want, as long as you don’t cause a wreck. Please tell us a bit more about yourself so we can get to know you. So what country do you live in? Does Santa pass your way often?

Genevie and Lenora, welcome to you both. You will find this a great place for support and information as well. I have picked up so many good ideas from all these wonderful ladies. We ask that all of you tell us a little about yourselves and sign each post with the name you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you and one or two of us have occasional memory issues, so it’s nice if you do it every time.

Dani, welcome to you. Gosh how did all you ladies find us at once? It’s great to have new ladies with us. The trick, for you is to stay with us. This thing works and this group of ladies are wonderful for support. Dani, since I started MFP, I have been able to cut my Metformin in half, to one a day. After the next 20 pounds will probably be able to get off of it totally. That is motivation for me. Good luck to you.

Katla, what is the “No Hat” thing? And yes, it’s hard to spend money on play things when we know we may have major house expenses in the future. I hope you win the RV discussion.

Heather, so sorry about that leak. Is it the same thing that keeps causing it?

Pip, it does sound like a busy month for you! What is the furry K? Is that where you don’t have to shave your legs for the week before? Gonna have to show us a pic of your blond boy toy.

Luana, welcome. I hope you enjoy the juicer. Not a huge veggie juice fan myself, but know many who swear by it. Please tell us a bit more about yourself so we can get to know you.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I occasionally have to stop and remind myself how this thing works. I had a neighbor yesterday that I haven't seen in a while, say something about my weight loss. He asked what I had done. My response was, "I started eating healthy for the first time in my life". For me this new life journey is about eating healthy and not starving myself. I love that I can still have a little dessert, if that is what I want. I can still have a sandwich if that is what I want. It's all about decisions. I am amazed that once I learned how many calories are in certain things, I simply chose not to have things that I used to eat all the time. What has probably surprised me the most is that I don't think about food all the time like I used to. And I am rarely hungry. Adding exercise really helps the process along. I don't obsess about it and have taken it very slow for health reasons, but I have done it. All in all I have found it so much easier than expected. MFP has been wonderful for this journey and the ladies in this forum have made it a joyful journey. Thank you all for that.

Let's all have a very successful, healthy and happy June.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Oh Janet,

Thank you for sharing the story of how eating healthy and not starving yourself is what this program is all about. That is exactly what I am learning. I love the little Nutrition thing at the end of my diary. It has been quite a wake-up for me!! I never even contemplated what rotten nutrition I was forcing my body to live on. Most days I could put away half a pound of chocolate candy and not give it a thought (did I mention, I am employed as a candy dipper?). Fruits and vegetables were always an afterthought for me. I have really made some big changes in my diet. What is even more incredible, I feel terrific and am not missing all that chocolate!

Here's to a successful June!!!

Sondre
    South Fork, PA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    damnit - it's called the furry 5k. $$ is raised for the king county shelter. you can take / walk / run with your pet, usually dogs. we've been doing that one since it started, think this is the 16th year. we were the first and only peeps to take our cat. yes, he did fine w/all the dogs, we took him in a basket, then I carried him in a pouch that was on me. and YES I will post pics of the boy toy!!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Um ^ ^ ^...You had a Cat in your basket, and a boy toy in yer pouch? My inner visuals are imploding in my head Pip...(just kidding) It all sounds like a grand time actually!
    @Lagopus Ello Penny at the Pole from Becca by the Beach :smiley:
    @Katla49 ....um....(patting my chest) "Me Becca"....snickers....Annr is just my stage name...shhhhh...
    @DamitJanit Yep if I stand perfectly still in the middle of my kitchen I can hear the mantra, "I am the primary source, my body is the living experience. Trust it, go with it".

Hello from the Oregon coast to all the New Peeps that have joined. Feel free to add me, I am an ol' Retired Chiefs' Wife" and I can yell at ya if ya want me too.... Na not really... But I will click on you if I haven't seen you post for aspell. Accountability is your reward. Perseverance is born out of affirming each small accomplishments, along the way to a larger goal.
    Becca By the Beach.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Good afternoon! Mostly popping to say hi. I'm swamped at work trying to catch up plus figuring out how to implement what I learned last week--for three different places! Also working on getting firmly back on track after some indulgences last week.

Welcome to all newbies! Hope everyone is doing well.

YannieJannie - Wonderful to see you back. We were worried about you!

Carol in NC
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Good afternoon beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:

I am officially retired!!! I`m so happy I can hardly stand myself!!! This has been the best Monday…no deadlines, no phone calls…..woo hoo!!! I got up as usual at 5:30 am, I do that every morning and don`t really see that changing! I love mornings sitting out on the patio or the back deck watching the sun come up and listening to happy little birds singing…this morning I enjoyed it even more :bigsmile:!

Heather :) I just ordered your book, looking forward to actually having time to read now! I also plan on doing a little traveling!

Joyce :) Good luck on the boob squeeze!!!! LOL I`m glad you had another pair of glasses! I probably would have had a hard time not laughing too!

Cynthia :) I`m glad your ankle is feeling better <3 !! What a shame about the cemetery!

Gilly :) I have to be careful sending text messages, spell check likes to correct me too :# , some of them are so funny!

Alison :) Oh my, did you have a pipe burst in the wall? Once everything is done in your home, you`ll be glad you did it. I know what headache renovating is, and the work seems to grow….I`m still doing a bit, but it`s all outside! I have an electrician coming tomorrow to add some electrical outside…fun fun!

Carol/Peach :) We had a nice thunderstorm here yesterday with some heavy rain too. I was out walking Noel and it started sprinkling on us, by the time we got to the house, the raindrops were huge and coming down fast. I had to blow dry the silly dog! Does your Pom like being out in the rain?

Lenora :) Love your name (real and acronym) !

Penny :) Close to the North Pole, I just think that sounds exciting!

Janet :) Seems the older I get the faster the months fly by! 3 pounds in May is fabulous…congrats!!! Being a smaller size is even better :bigsmile:!

Margaret :) I`ve not had to hire a shipping company, I hope you find a good reputable one!

Katla :) Oh dear…what got DH talking about RV`s again? I love that pic of you on the horse on the beach!!!

Pip :) Hmmmm…just where is this BIL of yours, I am still single :laugh:!!! Once you get DH blonde, take a pic and post it of the two of you! My hubby was great too, he let me put mascara on his gray hairs to see what it would look like, I love looking at those pictures now! He wasn`t too happy I made him wash his hair before bed, didn`t want mascara on my pillowcases.

Meg :) 98 steps to make up your bed….think I will see how many it takes me tomorrow!

Jan :) It`s been hot and sticky here today and we`re having pop up thunderstorms. We need the rain, the grass is turning brown!

Welcome to everyone new! This is a fabulous group of very supportive women! I`ve been a part of this thread since May of 2012. Someone once said it`s like we`re sitting at a kitchen table talking to wonderful friends! Come in often and chat away!

I know I missed some people :'( , know I`m thinking of everyone and wishing all well!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Barbie – Thanks for the new thread !

Yanniejannie – nice work on the 50 second plank. You will be back up to 2 minutes in no time. // I agree with your irritation at “Do you want your change?”. I told my waitresses and bartenders that they were NOT allowed to say that. I find it rude and presumptuous, and I also reduce the tip I would give if that is ever said to me.

Mary – My iPhone has auto-correct also. Sometimes I catch it, and sometimes I ask DH if he wants to join me at cereal (when I mean a grocery store named Cermak’s). It makes some other annoying corrections, too.

Lisa – beautiful bird. I understand about the dandelion hair. Mine gets bigger and fuzzier with the higher humidity. I just put straight oil in mine; baby oil, anything oily from Avon, whatever I can find.

Meg – Hugs for your daughters. // This weekend I did my best to walk more and drink more water. I also am trying to consume my complex carbs earlier in the day instead of saving them for supper. That helped me maintain (I usually gain over the weekend and lose during the week). // I wish the sports didn’t overlap, but no one asks me to help with the schedules (but it does prevent him from attending the sports camps). I personally think it is crazy that basketball starts this week Wednesday already. And winning a trip to Junior Gold Nationals for bowling is a big deal, so it’s not really fair to say “no” to the rest of the stuff just because he does well in another. I guess that’s why I have Hubby and Grandpa to help at some times. Some day the sport will choose him, instead of the other way around, and life will settle a little. But he is very driven, so even after being cut, his attitude is “what can I do different to become better, and therefore not get cut next time”. Here’s the thought process at our house: #1) DH played AAA baseball in Ohio, so he believes he sees in his child what it takes to go equally as far. #2) Brother-in-law told me when DS was 6 that he is a bowling Phenom, and I need to drive the car and write whatever checks any coach tells me is necessary, and never let him get to less than 1x per week of bowling. #3) DS himself feels like he has what it takes to play in the NBA. #4) My honest opinion is that as long as he keeps getting “B’s” or better in Honors classes, keeping him in sports keeps him “off the streets” and away from drinking and drugs. All of his friends from school are also in sports, so these kids just do NOT get into trouble, and I like it that way. I’m guessing that if I had him in my 20’s instead of late 30’s I wouldn’t feel quite so overwhelmed. But, taking him places also means not being at home watching TV and stuffing my face. My parents never stopped me from doing what I loved, so I guess I just want him to have the same opportunities.

Vicki – OMG! Today is Monday, but our computers were down most of the morning. Sure makes some people cranky. For me it just means more work later in the day or tomorrow.

Barbie – lol, your Jake is so funny. Poor sobbing slugs.

Becca – nice NSV with the salmon meal.

Cynthia – Hugs for your ankle.

Allison – Hugs for the negative comments. I’m sure I speak for everyone here when I say “we still love you, and know that you will get this under control when the time is right !”

Carol – congrats on the ‘first first date”. That is a part of life that works well with baby-steps, too, so don’t be too hard on yourself or expect too much. Update : the married scoundrel. Keep your head up, and don’t let it ruin any chances for future dates. Not all of them will be *curse words*.

Chris – Sorry about the vacation home situation. I was *ripped off* by my DH’s cousin, so I understand the predicament it puts on a person. I’m glad you were still able to attend and enjoy, and I’m positive you looked stunning.

Sylvia – One of the things DS and I enjoy the most at the Wisconsin State Fair is the Milk Barn. They have multitudes of different flavors of milk, and we try as many as we think we can drink. Also, my Dad and I stop at the Exotic Animal Jerky barn, and always try as many as they have new. I don’t like alligator or Ostrich, but Dad does.

Welcome all you wonderful new ladies ! ! !

Lenora - nice screen name, it made me laugh.

Penny – being so close to the North Pole, those of us in the chillier ½ of our countries really won’t be able to complain about the winter weather, will we? I thought -30 degrees is cold, but you will just laugh at me. Welcome.

Sondra – It seems there are numerous ways to do things for posting. I like to type my document while I read, then do a copy/paste into the post box when I am ready. Then all I need to do is sign and post. I personally use an outlook document, like I’m sending myself an e-mail. That way if I do something wrong, my computer will likely save it in drafts, and I don’t have to start over. You will eventually find what works for you.

DH did go along on Sunday while I took DS for weight-lifting. He rode the exercise bike right next to mine. At least that’s a step in the right direction. Now, to get him to limit his food intake to less than 3 cheeseburgers per meal . . . !

Tonight and tomorrow are baseball games. After watching the Brewers Catcher finally hit a homerun in the 17th inning yesterday, DS will likely complain a little less about his 6-7 innings tonight, and will play Second Base or Shortstop tomorrow (or the other way around). Little League has rules about how many pitches a kid can throw or recieve in a certain time-frame, so we never have the same pitcher or catcher 2 days in a row.

I stayed on target so far today for food, and got to work in time to ride the bike 15 minutes instead of my usual 10. Plus, the maintain over the weekend when I usually gain = NSV in my opinion. Now, it is either 1/8 or 1/4 mile walk from parking to ball field tonight (depending where I find an open spot), so if I can stay standing for most of the game, and also keep my feet moving, that will increase my exercise for the day. Keep moving and clean eating. :D

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Cheri in Fairlawn OH had two goals I think I should adopt for myself:
    csofled wrote: »
    • strength train 3xweek
    • 4-30 sec planks daily
    I'm running long distances now and I'm finding it a pain in the back (literally). Clearly I need to strengthen my core muscles.

Janet in Myrtle Beach SC wonders where I live and Sylvia in SE Kansas wonders what life is like here. I'm about as far north as you can get in Norway and life is great! My home is a nature-lover's paradise. Sure, we live in ordinary houses and shop in ordinary stores and drive ordinary cars (though four-wheel drive is a definite asset), but everything around us is pretty exotic. Untamed wilderness starts a few steps outside my door.

In the winter people go out snowmobiling and dogsledding. Or skiing. Now in the summer we can hike or climb mountains or go bird-watching. Whales swim by occasionally. We don't have any trees but as soon as the snow melts (which it hasn't yet) the tundra blossoms. It's just that you have to get down on your hands and knees to see the flowers, they're so small.

So what about fitness? My little town has one gym people can join. I was a member for a while, but quit because it was so expensive and I didn't feel I was using it enough to motivate the cost. Most of the time I just ran on the treadmill. Once I figured out how to run outdoors regardless of the conditions I saw no reason to belong to the gym.

Outdoor conditions, yeah. We have midnight sun for a few months in the summer. That's nice, because it never gets dark and I can go out jogging any old time. The flip side is we have a couple months in the winter when the sun never goes up at all. And the roads are inches thick in ice. And the temperature is often sub-zero. And the wind chill factor takes it down even further...

But we have streetlights to drive away the 24-hour darkness, and with my trusty studded jogging shoes, soft merino wool underwear, a windproof outer layer, a face mask, hat and mittens and (not least) a bit of determination, I have no trouble jogging down to 0°F.

Come Saturday I'll be running a half-marathon. (Root for me!) The forecast says partly cloudy, light winds and 35-38°F. From my perspective, that's perfect. :p
    Penny at the Pole
  • luvinlife2012
    luvinlife2012 Posts: 23 Member

Hi ladies! Sherry here. May was my "get my feet wet again" month. Very busy with my baby graduating high school, her ROTC awards ceremony, prom, shipping her boyfriend off to Marines, and I took the time to create my plan and get there mentally. Super stoked.

Clean (mostly) eating, HIIT three times weekly, yoga daily, and meditation daily are my June goals. Through it I'd like to lose 10 pounds this month.,

I AM BRAND NEW to this group!!! And what GREAT energy I am finding reading your posts. :)

Looking forward to getting to know all of you :smiley:

Sherry (Luvinife2012)
  • luvinlife2012
    luvinlife2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Oh! And I am in TULSA OKLAHOMA
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    terri_mom wrote: »
    Penny – being so close to the North Pole, those of us in the chillier ½ of our countries really won’t be able to complain about the winter weather, will we? I thought -30 degrees is cold, but you will just laugh at me. Welcome.
    Terri, NO WAY will I laugh at anyone! I've never been as cold here as I have been in "coolish" places with higher humidity – like Milwaukee, for example. I'm sure you get plenty of cold moist winds off the lake. That kind of cold cuts through to the marrow! Respect!

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    edited June 2015
    smiley-happy110.gif Welcome Lenora, Stephanie, Genevie, Penny, Steph, Dani, Cheri, LuanaBean, Sherry, and anyone I might have missed. This is a great community. I look forward to getting to know each of you. Just jump into the conversation

469367makfzcur9b.gif Lisa, thank you for explaining all the tricks about cute smilies and how to get around on this thread.

smiley-cool05.gif DeeDee, congrats on your retirement. I've been retired for over ten years and am grateful every day for it. I get up earlier now than when I was working and love the opportunity for an afternoon nap from time to time

smiley-laughing001.gifKatla, I know what you mean about the "No Hat".....I am wearing mine for the same reason you are.....we had three very expensive RVs and sold the last one in 2009 for reasons that we both agreed on, and yet, on the way home from California a few weeks ago, Jake started talking about buying a smaller trailer that we could pull behind our truck---at the same time, all I could think of was that I wanted to go home and never go anywhere ever again....so I am the broken record saying "No".

smiley-bounce013.gif I am enjoying the current audio book from the library---" Year of No Sugar"....fun to listen to and extremely thought provoking....especially since we have recently started an eating plan that is not only low calorie, but also meat-free and low sodium.

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington smiley-happy020.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    evening ladies~
    well its leaking more now. not a pipe, there is a valley between 2 roof's and it is coming in dripping away.. we shall see once the rain stops whats going on..
    welcome welcome to all the new ladies, you will make life long friends here. that is for certain.. we are all on the same road..
    well today. I put the ct5k on my phone here is hoping it gives me some motivation
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    retired deedee - YEAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Barbie – thanks for getting us off on June! You take good care of us.

Alison – glad it was your DFIL that is a bit better… a mushy wall!??? Not good at all!
    Carol – hook up with DeeDee and smack him!!! What a turd.
    Steph – welcome Greece! How fun, hang out here awhile and you might get a few new visitors that want to eat healthy!
    Penny – welcome, 800 miles from Santa Claus! In Norway! Wow, my dad’s closest friend lives (d) in Norway, Dad loved it there – I never made it, and Dad passed years ago now.

Lenora, Marianne, Dani, LuanaBean, sherry – welcome and just chat with us!

Sondre – a chocolate dipper?! Omg that could be dangerous

DeeDee – congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy retirement… and I am single too… Pip’s BIL might be worth “fighting” over LOL

So am looking forward to my vacation and think I will find a book on cd for the drive home, library next week to see what I might like. Did 3 hours of gardening today in a clients yard – not a “regular” client just a one time thing.

I am going out for a burger tomorrow – I have been craving one for weeks… and a friend and I are going to Outback…it will be crazy high in calories, but am planning extra exercise (tomorrow is my hiking day) and lighter dinner. I will get online and see what choices I can make to lower the calories with “better” choices, like no sauce..no fries….. But it will still be crazy… Interested to see if after I do it I think it is worth it, as right now I think it will be. Another learning experience on this journey.

June goals:
    Walk every day 180 miles for the month (in May I did 175… thought maybe a higher goal would be good)
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    do 2 fun things every week

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • lsquare123
    lsquare123 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Girls..I have been working a lot. I am on day 6..no loss on the scale, I do feel better.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    edited June 2015
    Tuesday morning and woke to REAL heavy frost, the garden is WHITE I tell you, but it is winter here in Tasmania. Stayed in warm bed until 8am and snuggled. Stan made tea at 6am.
    My Wii refuses to load will ring them this afternoon. Will have to re-think training.
    Since 18 May on Tom's Big Burn I have LOST 2 kgs OR 4.4 pounds and 1% body fat and inches all over. Training is working.
    Pharmacist told me to add Benefibre as my fibre intake too low, have been doing for a week and feel MUCH better.
    Going shopping today and fish and chips on Wynyard Wharf, my treat for the week.
    Food calories today = 1744 cals, happy with that.
    I have been banned from posting to FaceBook for a month, need to watch myself and NOT call Camilla names

I am a body-builder since 1980 and eat Jeannette Jenkins, Jillian Michaels and Inner Circle food as well as Jamie Oliver recipes. I log my food every morning and do NOT stint myself on crazy diets. Life is too short and I do NOT eat back exercise calories, crazy idea.

Welcome all the Newbies

GOAL FOR JUNE
    Keep food under 1700 calories except for Sunday roast and re-feed day
    Log food in a morning
    Train 6 days a week
    Walk dog every afternoon for 1 hour (Blaize LOVES to walk)
    Schedule correct training
    Cardio and walking ONLY on Sundays
    Get over 10,000 steps a day in
    Have bubble bath every Sunday evening and RELAX
    Take time to relax and put feet up and read
    Do some gardening and win Brownie points
    Keep house clean and tidy
    Keep up with laundry and ironing
    Go to bed at 9.30pm and read for 30 minutes then lights out

I am adding my updated Ticker from 18 May 2015
    67586641.png

Lesley in Tasmania