• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your name, can I call u sluts???? pleaasssseeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Well got up early this morning, 8 AM, so I could actually make it to Sunday School and have to get up early tomorrow morning to get that boob squeeze you all insisted I have ;) So I'm not posting much tonight. I wasn't going to post anything but I saw a couple of things I knew I had to respond to.

Cynthia, headstones being put in the dump. What are they thinking???? I hope they make no money on thier wonderful real estate deal.

I think it was Katla that was talking about alcohol ' Eliminate alcohol. I had an alchoholic beverage and noticed immediately how much it impacted me'. To a nurse this means alcohol gives you an impaction!!! Are you constipated my dear.

and then Meg said something about they went to church and husband took a nap! I guess being tired makes me a little slap happy.

Was in the choir this morning and we were to sing this song I had never heard of. I can usually wing it and I read music well enough that by the 2nd verse I can get it. But today was unusual. I stand up with my hymnal and I can't hardly see. Plus something didn't seem right about my glasses. So as I am sitting down after the song and taking my reading glasses off, my finger is able to go through the area I would normally have a lens! I bent down and saw the lens, tried to pup it back in but the frame was broke. The lady sitting beside me could hardly hold back her laughter up there in the choir. So went to Walmart and got another pair for about $6. l was lucky in that I also keep a pair in my purse which was right beside me.

See you all in June. If my goal this month was to gain weight, I was successful.

Joyce, Indiana

What this about moving the headstones to the garbage pile in order to have some real estate something-or-the-other. Was this a regular cemetery or was it one they stumbled upon? I can't believe they won't (at least) put the headstones back when the dig up the graves, or are they even doing that? We have a neighbor who donated some of his land (about 5 acres, maybe) to be the cemetery for the blacks in this area. He said that the 'town' considered it 'private property' and they would not keep it cleaned up or mowed. He'd go out there almost weekly (especially when there was going to be a burial) and clean it up. Told the town that 'if they were not going to keep it up' he wanted the land put back in his name (and not shown as a gift from him to the town).

I 'thought' it was against the law to dig up a cemetery and put something else in its place. I agree . . . I hope they lose their @$$-$ on their business venture. Maybe people who knew there was a cemetery there won't rent the place if that is what the business venture is - or won't be a part of making it work for them. I just did not think a business or a town could dig up people and move them without, at least, notifying the families. Some of those older tombstone are very ornate and they just threw them in the trash? That's awful! BOO! to them for even considering such an atrocious act.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    lonemaple wrote: »
    To find this thread, make sure you go up to the top and click on the 'star' . . . it will make finding it a lot easier. What confuses me is how they put a post that was given earlier and then post something under that? How do you do that? Is it for when you want to answer something somebody said, further up the postings? Thanks for welcoming me to this thread - needed something that people posting here were near to my age.

Hi, I am new at this too! I found that if you click on "Quote at the bottom of the Post it will give you am opportunity to reply. Once you have written the reply click on Post Reply. At least, I think that's how I did it.....losing brain cells daily!

Sondre, South Fork, PA

Yep, that worked for me; but, I was just wondering if I could highlight just the part that pertains to me; or will I have to have the entire post (that might be long) posted? Still learning a lot about MFP. I want to get some more 'smiley' faces and things that move . . . somebody please tell me where to go to get them.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    LOL! I'm going to have to 'learn' what all the acronyms that get used are.

Says the one whose user name is an acronym! LOL and welcome!

Yeah, like I might have said I 'like' acronyms - especially if I 'use' them. Would hate to use one 'incorrectly'. LOL!!!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

I don't know, Pip. Between SLUTS and DamnitJanit, you might just have too much fun.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lenora - I am using the "emoticons" that were originally on offer on MFP before they changed it all. If you go to the Message section they still have them up there and if you click on them it will tell you in the box which bbcode to type in.

A bbcode is a colon, followed by the word you need, then another colon, no gaps.
    So to get the drinker I type a colon then the word "drinker" (no inverted commas) and another colon.

I usually make sure there a couple of spaces before and after or it doesn't seem to work. My favourite is "sad". "flowerforyou" is useful too and I use "noway" and "ohwell" as well as "laugh" .

Hope that works for you. :flowerforyou: Heather

PS If you want to quote something and the whole post shows up, just delete the bits you don't want in the normal way.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I used my Ninja to make a smoothie for lunch. Wow! Talk about fast compared to my little immersion blender. I may be in love! I read the instruction book and am excited to make some other things like homemade hummus, for starters. It is looking less intimidating after reading the instruction book and studying the pictures of the parts.

Another thing I like about it is that the individual smoothie glass forces me to use correct portion sizes. I could easily end up with a 400 calorie smoothie with my old method.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    well june is gonna b a busy month, this weekend we are going to our "summer home" at the ocean, weekend of the 13th is the furry 5k, then the weekend of the 20th got the beach to chowder 5k run, then the weekend of the 27, got a bbq to go to. in between then I gotta make a hair app for Kirby, I'm gonna make him a blonde!!! usually I have them foil his hair, this time all blonde baby!!... he's my boy toy, I get to do whatever I want to him, he don't care...

That is a lot of 'running'. HA! HA! . . . on the 'boy toy'. I sure hope you got 'permission' to do that to him (unless, of course, you have custody of him). My D-n-L (next door) would have a 'fit' if I did anything to one of her children (my granddaughters); even 'if' I was paying for it. My newest D-n-L has put a little dark streaks into her 'blond' hair and cut bangs. She is a cosmetologist, so she can experiment on everything she wants to do to her hair. I'm sure that one of the other ones did it for her. I just hope she doesn't go back to her 'natural' brunette; I always pictured my son marrying a 'blond' so that would take a lot of getting use to. My other D-n-L dyes her hair dark and then she has streaks put in it . . . I think the 'short' haircut she has isn't all that flattering to her; but, she doesn't have the patience to do most anything to it. I grew my hair out during the 4 driving restrictions I was on these past 3 years (seizures). I don't mind when I have been put on them - I read a lot; and then it means that my husband has to do the grocery shopping and other errands. Towards the end I get 'antsy' about driving. He and I both look forward to the time that I am not on them. Medication is working and I haven't had one in close to 2 years. Don't want to have another one either; last one was the worst. Actually the last 2 were the worst I had had since they started back after having an accident in my car. Right now I am not on a 'restriction' and I hope it stays that way.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    * correction - 1 year with a seizure, not 2.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    * without . . . I need to proofread all my stuff before hitting 'post reply'.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    LOL! I'm going to have to 'learn' what all the acronyms that get used are.

Says the one whose user name is an acronym! LOL and welcome!

I think I posted it . . . it is Girls Raised In The South and Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress. I'm the first; but, not so much the latter. There is one for WINOS; but I can't remember the whole thing . . .
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I'm on a flip-flop schedule today so I am all confused about what time it is.

Thanks to all of you who were offended on my part by finding out the guy was married. I am (for the most part) over feeling stupid about it. My male best friend came over last night and we talked it through. He was very reassuring and it was really good to get a male perspective on my feelings.

DeeDee - Congratulations on retirement! I'm not sure that day will ever come for me but I still dream about it.

Rosie - I live in NC about 45 minutes from Duke and my son hasn't voluntarily worn long pants since he was 10. He will occasionally wear them if it snows and he knows he has to wear them to church in the winter. On the other hand, my daughter's first college roommate was from Cali and they all got a huge laugh when she pulled out her big puffy down jacket the first time it got down to 55 degrees. Everyone else was still walking around in shorts and flip flops.

Lenora - It was cool to see GRITS in your name--I had totally forgotten about SLUTS!

I don't remember if I mentioned it before, but I came home to a monstrous mess left by my son. I left on Monday for Dallas and he left on Thursday for summer job training. He left my A/C on 69, his printer is on my kitchen counter, the kitchen trash can was full and stinky, the dishwasher had not been run, there was something growing in a glass in my living room, dirty socks were everywhere, and...You get the picture. I'm am so glad that he will be working 11 days straight and then off for only three. I love him with all of my heart, but he is detrimental to my mental health when he pulls stuff like that.

My daughter turned 25 yesterday! It doesn't seem possible.

The storms that met me in Texas last week seem to have followed me home. We had massive amounts of rain fall in very short periods of time last night and storms are predicted for every day this week.

Tonight's plan includes a stop at the grocery store! I didn't buy groceries the week before I left, partly because the boy child spent over $100 on groceries for himself, so I don't have milk, eggs, bread, or any of the other basics like fruit and salad stuff. I also get my delivery of local produce today, too. Feasting on good for me stuff commences tomorrow!

Now, I'm off to get some work done. Hope everyone has a grand day!

Carol in NC

• terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ! ! !

Penny – you are right about the humidity. It can be high any time of the year. I am close enough to Lake Michigan to get the “lake effect snow” but far enough away that our temperature only changes by a few degrees (warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer as a general rule).

Kim N Cali. – I am also interested to see how you feel about the calories after Outback today. I am going to a specific restaurant today also, so I’m trying to avoid all complex carbohydrates and protein until that time, hoping I don’t go too far over. But a friend told me about this special place, so he and I are going with my dad, while DS and DH have their baseball game.

Isquare123 – don’t "freak" about loss just yet. Take baby steps to this lifestyle change, and let it work for you. Someone here is bound to have suggestions that can work for you. Welcome!

Lesley – it amazes me that you can get banned from Facebook based on your opinion of Camilla. You wouldn’t believe the terrible things I sometimes see posted by people in my DD’s age-group. My DH quit Facebook, and rarely misses it. I pretty much just see what DD and her friends are up to, chat with some H.S. friends that I miss, and play a few games. Keep up the good work with your exercises – and thanks for being so motivating.

Bkrimpet – gorgeous photo and scenery. I am envious.

Cranor 130 – you are NOT alone. I ate a KFC breast in the middle of the night last night. REALLY need to stop that. Let’s do this together. Water instead of midnight food for me (unless someone can suggest another alternative that will work for me).

Michele – Outstanding shopping.

Mary – Sorry about the house/apartment hassles. Prayers that something that will work for you comes along soon. I hated the short-term rental we had when we first moved from Minnesota to SE Wisconsin, and having to write someone a check just to keep most of my belongings in storage, but eventually, the right house came along, and for that I am thankful. I hope the right situation comes along for you, too. Hugs and Prayers ! ! !

Joyce – Congrats on the squeeze. I am proud of you. Now, hugs for a good report!

Rosie (aka Italy) – The only time my DS wears pants is when he knows in advance he will have to walk at least a block, or wait outside, and the temp is near or below zero. Any other day, he is in basketball shorts. But, I think that is crazy, so I hope your DS is smarter than that.

Lenora – You can also click on the wheel in the top right corner of your post to edit what you have already posted. MFP allows 60 minutes to do that. I like to proof-read before I post, but it is common for me to miss something until it has been officially posted.

Ok, here is my hold-up with this plateau: I eat in the middle of the night. I decided to try consuming my complex carbs earlier in the day, hoping that would get me back to losing again, but I woke up a little after midnight and I was just ravishing for food. I found the left-over KFC, and ate a huge breast including skin. I tried talking to my co-worker, but she just doesn’t understand why I feel the need to eat anything, regardless of how hungry I am. I was REALLY hungry. I tried to talk out the foods I could prepare in advance, like celery with peanut butter, and she just kept repeating “don’t eat anything, just go back to bed and eventually you will go back to sleep, no matter how hungry you are or how long it takes to get back to sleep”. I totally respect anyone who can do that, but I am not one of them. If I wake up hungry, I need to be un-hungry, especially if I wake up in a lot of pain also. Can anyone help? I need suggestions of food to eat in the middle of the night that will help the hunger, and help the nausea that can be caused by my pain meds and/or sleep aids. Another problem is finding the time to prepare this stuff. Like today, I won't get home before 9:00pm, and I have to get up at 4:00am tomorrow to get DS and myself on the road in time for school/work. A chicken breast just looks so much yummier and filling than a nectarine, you know?!?!?

So, better get my work done, so I can make it to the baseball game again tonight. Dad is meeting me here so we can carpool the rest of the way, and I wouldn't want him to wait too long for me.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    DeeDee: congrats on retirement!! I hope you do a lot of great things for yourself.

Alison: ((hug)) (just because you can use one) Hope you get the iPad you want soon and hope YOU enjoy it!

Sondre and Lenora: If you want to post without quoting you can do that using the reply all the way at the bottom of the page. (I remember being confused between quoting and replying.) If you want to quote, use the quote, but you can remove the parts you don't need. Just be sure to keep the [quote….] at the beginning and the [/quote] at the end and it will be right.

Michele: great couponing! If DeeDee comes down there I definitely want pics!

Mary: you are really having a run of bad luck. Hope it changes soon. Heather, you too!

Joyce: booby scooper, lol.

Lenora: the church has apparently sold the cemetery land to a developer, or they're going to do that after the graves have been removed. Earlier I understood they were moving the graves to another cemetery, which was kind of bad enough, but apparently they're not. The graves will be cleared (they can do that legally after a certain number of years) and the headstones will be "thrown away" if the families don't want them. Most of these burials were between 1930 and 1990. (I have no direct contact with the church; I just do some cemetery photographing for Find A Grave and another site.)

Thanks for all the "ankle wishes". Doing better!

Long day in the city today after sleeping badly. Hope I sleep better tonight.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options

I don't know, Pip. Between SLUTS and DamnitJanit, you might just have too much fun.

hehe.... that's the idea. I shoulda called myself poop so everyone had to call me poop
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    6r8e4h8pft0d.jpg
    I took a walk around Castle Island in Boston on Saturday evening and wanted to share the picture of windsurfers. The Boston skyline is in the background. I love that you can do this right "in" the city.

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi, all... quick like a bunny... my nurse practitioner loves me because my weight loss is good and not excessive, so I'm aces there. There were 78 posts when I got back, so "welcome" to all the newbies I haven't said "hi" to already.

Computer tip for today for all you quoters!

Option 1: For quoting part of a message, but keeping that gray highlight--as long as you leave the code alone that starts with the word "quote" in brackets and ends with "/quote" in brackets, you can delete anything your don't want to repeat in between those codes and it will keep your gray highlight box... That will keep you from having all the extraneous information when you're only replying to a line or two of someone else's message. If you delete part of the code (the information inside the brackets), that's how you end up with odd things.

Option 2: The other option is something Pip said - you can keep a document open and just answer each person's comments in another document, with their name in front. Then cut and paste the whole text from that document into a new post box. That's what a lot of people do when you see the long list of comments to different people. As they read each post, they type out their own comment back, with the person's name in the front of the comment, in that separate document. You can use Word or Notepad, or whatever text function you have. That's what I do when I have time. Also keeps glitchy systems from "losing" your typing!

Got my anniversary present Fitbit (yay!); it's charging up, which could take THREE HOURS, and since I am an impatient soul, I'm going to go run, which I had to skip because I was at the medico's this morning... Have a great evening all...

And thanks, Dr. KatieBug, you are balm to a writer's soul... :blush:
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Terri: How about greek yogurt? Lean protein, should coat the tummy and quite filling. You should be able to find snack size ones in the grocery store, maybe even with some fruit. Just leave some cals in your day for the late night snack and viola!

Carey
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't expect quite soooooooo much rain. DD and I were at the grocery store about 1pm and the sky just opened and it has been buckets ever since!!!!!!!!!! It sure does get deep quickly; I thought my poor car was going to have to grow some oars in just the very little way home. Had to get out of every piece of clothing I was wearing. Our rain gutters were totally overwhelmed. TV (Dish) is out. DD is off to one of the stable jobs just now; hope she has no trouble. I worked in the garden this am early; got those new tomatoes in and some irises a neighbor gave me that she was thinning.

Speaking of DD.......that kid has some of the best luck.........one of the older swimmers (who no longer rides his horses) at her lifeguard job gifted her his saddle this morning........OMG, it is a Courbette and gorgeous!!!!

Heather........Hope you are enjoying your garden party! Sorry about all the rental problems and hope your property sells quickly. I remember you thinking about selling before.

terri........Ahhhhhhh, yes, I remember those days of two or three activities after school every day. DD did everything from colonial reenactment to a state chorus to cross country.....and on and on. At 22, she's down to riding and running............and, even better, drives herself!!!!!!!

Penny........Thanks for telling us about your life in Norway! I'm not a runner but as a child my daughter got me involved with her running club and I'm still finding myself volunteering at the finish line often around town helping with timing and set up and tear down...........so, you know I'm certainly cheering you on. Is this your first half?

Kim......Have a fabulous vacation!!! I think of you these mornings when I'm in the garden, given the time difference, you are probably still in bed.

Beth..........We both only have room to improve!!!!!

csofled........I do like your fitness goal graphic.....think I might do something like that!

Michele.........Fantastic plank time; major congrats!!!!

nccarol......Stupid......NO WAY!!!!!! How could you have known? Now stop thinking like that, right now!!!

Spoke to DD; she made it to work OK.

Off to make my afternoon hot chocolate!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    When I took the walk on Saturday evening it was close to 80F, yesterday we had the coldest 1st day of June ever in Boston...49F. This weather would be good for Penny at the Pole but we're ready for some warmth.

Lenora...I don't know how you function on 960 calories/day! You are much stronger than I. When MFP dropped me to 1200 calories/day from 1400/day (when I lost another 10 lbs.), I was devastated. If I had to go to 960 I would weep uncontrollably. It's been about 3 weeks and I still go over most days.

Mary from MN...I feel so bad for your home buying situation. It must be so scary not to know where you will be living in a month. The best of luck to you and I hope it all turns out for the best.

Joyce...I really like how you have pegged the 2 types of dieters, abstainers and moderators. I am definately a moderator. I don't think I would have been able to be this successful if I couldn't have treats in my life.

Barbie...I too will keep my goals for June close at hand. I had forgotten what I had wanted to achieve last month.

I am back on track...lost 2 of the 2.5 lbs. I put on during my mini vacation. I am taking the cue from the plank ladies and trying to increase my time every week. Up to 70 seconds as of last night; 5 more seconds than the night before.

Penny...I live not to far away from New Hampshire. Where do your parents live (you don't have to say if you don't want to). I've spent alot of time there, hope it's not too hot when you arrive. You would have been right at home this past winter, but I'm sure your parents kept you in the loop.

Got some much needed rain, for 3 days!!
    Everyone have a great day!
    Chris in MA