WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! BAD news again! We had the house inspection of the one we were purchasing and wouldn't you know it, asbestos in the basement all over the duct work! Along with $30,000 in other needed repairs. Now we will be home less in 4 weeks!

We have 2 options, the first house we were going to buy that they backed out on is still for rent. Small but has a garage for winter. Or 4 bedroom apartment no parking near by. My DH really is mad at the guy still about not telling us right away so I think he would rather suffer with the cold then rent from him. I say forgive and stay warm. It's friggin cold here for 6 months out of the year!

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Stephanie, Penny, Lenora, Marian, Dani, LuanaBean, Mary, and Sherry! Wow, that's a lot of new people for me to get to know. To those who live in another country other than the US, is it your native or adopted country. We know we can have a place to stop and put our weary feet up now in Norway, Greece, Tazmania, several places in UK now. Did I miss anyone. There has been a lot of ideas on how to post. I can't figure out how to have a document going and reading at the same time so I just stock up on spiral notebooks at the beginning of school when I can get them at 25 cents and write down my notes. As far as you quotes from other posts, you can also use the 'cut, copy and post method. I do that some times.

Lenora, did you mean you are limiting your calorie intake to 960 calories? Is that by recommendation of the weight loss program you are with. That is pretty low. But if you are in a weight loss program, I would assume they are monitoring everything. As most of you new guys will see, we all have different types of eating, some are abstainers, they abstain and stick rigidly to the plan. Others are moderators, they tend to try to stay within the plan as much as they can but allow themselves to occasionally eat a desert or something not on the plan but eat it in moderation and up the calories burned for the day. Some have a very strict eating plan managed by a doctor.

Well I went and got my boobs squashed today. It was in a new breast center and the equipment was a lot more modern than the one I had gone to. They had this row of plastic appliances hanging on the wall and one of them looked like a pooper scooper. I asked the technician if they used it to have to scoop up our big flabby boobs and said that all the plastic things there were different things that they did use to try to get the breast tissue between the vise grips. So yes, it was a booby scooper!. I'm just glad they didn't have to use it on me. It was relatively painless though. Girls don't let me get this bad next year. Now I need to get myself together and mak a phone call to Directv and order and additional plan. I have been meaning to do it and jsut put it off.

Allision, Allison. You don't need another stress in your life like a soggy wall. I sure hope it is nothing serious. Big hugs going your way.

Sondre, 'eat ice cream one less day per week'. That is classic. Is there an ice cream over eaters anonymous where you live?

Pip, how many charities do you ride for???? Hats off to you and your wonderful blonde husband

As far as text messaging and spell check go, I think my girls are secretly collecting all the rediculous funny things that get sent to them from my phone. They sure weren't my intent. But it could make quite a book. I'm glad my old 65 year old mind can keep them laughing.

Katla, we will have our newest car, Ford Escape paid off in October and already DH is talking about what kind of car we can get next. He actually wants to sell my minivan! He doesn't understand, my van has sensitive ears. She can hear him saying things like that. That is my car. After I went on disability and he was still working, that was the car I went to see both grand kids be born. It took me on those trips, it has taken us all to Disney World, and other neat places. That is my car. Can't I be mortgage and loan free for at least a year???

Kim, I just got an email today from AARP that Outback steakhouse is now on the list of discounts. !5% off everytime you go.

Michele, those glasses aren't prescription, they are just those cheap readers you see on the end caps at the store. I threw the glasses away and keep the case. I am constantly losing cases, in fact i have already lost the case I bought yesterday.

JanetM, Did i read that right? You are 6'6"?

Mary, Minnesota, OH NO, not again. You pour soul. Hugs to you and hubbie.

Nighty night ladies, Joyce, Indiana

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Kim in N California – I like your burger strategy. Those cravings need to be stilled once in a while and if you can figure out a way to fall gracefully when you fall, I figure an occasional splurge makes makes life better overall.

Beth in western NY – Incredible that any father could be so short-sighted as to prohibit his wife from teaching their son to do his own laundry. In this day and age! Good point you made, too (you and Barbie) to keep our goals visible. DONE!

JanetM in New Orleans – Thanks for the cheerleading! My town is so small and the half-marathon course is so long that if every man, woman and child who lives here were to line up along it to cheer for the runners, there would still be 10-yard gaps between them.

In New Orleans, 40°F is cold. I admit I do snicker a bit when half an inch of snow brings traffic to a standstill in Houston, or when the mercury dips to the low 50s and the ladies in Ft. Lauderdale break out their fur coats. But that's only natural for people who never get any practice driving on snow and rarely have an opportunity to show off their furs. Besides, you might have to smother a grin if you saw me all limp and sweaty because it's above 70. Heaven knows how I'll manage when I visit my parents in New Hampshire for a month this summer...

That also answers Joyce's question about whether I'm originally from Norway. Nope, moved here.

Time to start my day!

Penny at the Pole
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    working at 8 am this morning and working until 6..tomorrow I dont work until noon tomorrow.
    I am selling my kindle fire.. I am meeting the person who is buying it. at walmart inside.. as I will be by myself..I am making what ever money I can on my own for things I dont use, to save up for my Ipad air 2- I will even look for a refurbished one as that is a bit cheaper.. I will keep my laptop for home here though. just want something that will be a little more portable
    still raining here so ,havent had a change to check out the roof, but it is still dripping :s not horribly but still...
    I know another stressor .well God doesnt give you anything you cant handle lol
  • luvinlife2012
    luvinlife2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    csofled - I'm in Tulsa and we've had lower than seasonal temps as well. In fact, May was our wettest in state history with over 14 inches of rain! Was nice to be outside a bit yesterday.

bazandmary - Hi and welcome! what are your June goals?

bwcetc - chin up! Every day is a brand new start :) You totally got this !

SSC1958 - good job for May!

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies.....
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Well my DS had Prom on Saturday. I didn't expect the tears to well up but he and his date are so cute and very comfortable together. I really like her and well I just love him to pieces.
    My DH is in Mexico City this week for work so the kids and I are just kicking back. I have three teens and some days I really wish I was younger when I had them, but that train left the station a long time ago! No spilt milk here. We had soup and salad for dinner tonight and tomorrow will be eggs and veggies.
    School gets out June 12th and my DS is graduating then off to Duke University in Aug. so it will be las Vegas in July with my DD for dance competition nationals and then North Carolina with the 5 of us in Aug. to drop off DS. My brother lives in the Apex-Carey area so it will be wonderful to see him. It's been almost 5 years since our last visit. I know the weather will be much different then what we're used to in So Cal. DS won't be able to wear shorts every day to school like he does here year round!
    June 1st I got on my scale and recorded my weight in a book I keep in my night stand. Then I used my measuring tape and measured hips, waist, bust, chest, arms, and thighs and i wrote that down too. I've been very frustrated with the scale lately. My measurements are the same as last month which I happy with. I know I've been eating more than my 1400-1450 cal. And my weight is still up 2 lbs. I keep reminding myself that when I started this I made myself a promise to take it slow so that the changes I was making, could be maintained. Diets never last and I know that. So slow and steady I go, zig zagging down soon. Lol!
    My goals for this month are to record every bite, keep to my calories, sleep better, make 10,000 steps on my lovely Fitbit at least 10 days during the month, and CS three days a week.
    Welcome to all the newbies! This is a great place to find information, share a joke, share what's happening in life or read how others are doing. We are here to help, and offer prayers and support.
    Changing my name to Rosie since we have a Marianne and not from Italy - just Italian : )

By for now

Rosie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Truly impressed by those of you who can address all of us on this board. I am putting it out there now that I'm not sure I can quite do that level of personalization. Having said that I truly enjoy reading all of your stories fitness/health related and life related. Wishing everyone here the very best on this journey of ours!

@jmkmomm So that's how it is done! "There has been a lot of ideas on how to post. I can't figure out how to have a document going and reading at the same time so I just stock up on spiral notebooks at the beginning of school when I can get them at 25 cents and write down my notes. As far as you quotes from other posts, you can also use the 'cut, copy and post method. I do that some times."

Started out the day by saying goodbye to the husband as he is out of town for 2 days. The heat is on again! Hello Mother Nature it is JUNE 2ND here in Northeastern Ohio! My abs are killing me from my goal of 4x30 sec planks from yesterday. I must have eaten something awfully salty yesterday because the # on the scale this morning was &^%$&.....anyhoo have a wonderful day everyone! :)

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
    Actually, chocolate can make life better. Dark chocolate may lower your risk of heart disease by reducing blood glucose and bad cholesterol while boosting levels of good cholesterol.

csofled aka Cheri in Fairlawn, Ohio
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Mary from MN glad you found the problem before you moved into that home. I know you would like to get settled. The right situation will come.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Sylvia,

I am so happy to hear that the sun is shining in Kansas! What a big state. I drove across it 4 yrs ago and I thought it would never end. Have you lived there all your life?

Sondre
    South Fork, PA[/quote]

No, I lived here till high school, then we moved to California. After HS I went in the Air Force and my family moved back to Kansas so when I got divorced and discharged I came back where my family was. Much later, I married a wonderful man who teaches at the local university, so now I'm stuck. I really don't like living in Kansas, and am not sure anybody does, but probably will be here forever. It's a big state if you drive east/west, but north/south isn't bad. I can get to Nebraska in a couple of hours, or 10 minutes to get go Missouri or Oklahoma.

Sylvia

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options

smiley-bounce013.gif Cheri, don't worry about replying to everyone....just post what you can whether it's personal or not....we are all different and create a great community.

smiley-sad010.gif Mary in MN, I am so sorry to hear about this next chapter in your house hunting journey....I will continue to think positive thoughts for you...stay in the moment and keep trudging.

:) Jake has a class this morning, so I'm looking forward to a few hours alone---a very rare event.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington where there is a bit of rain today.smiley-happy110.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »
    I am sabotaging myself. I am not staying within calorie allowance. So unmotivated.

stop it!!, don't make me go over there!!
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Sylvia wrote
    I really don't like living in Kansas, and am not sure anybody does, but probably will be here forever. It's a big state if you drive east/west, but north/south isn't bad. I can get to Nebraska in a couple of hours, or 10 minutes to get go Missouri or Oklahoma.

That reminds me of a real estate agent in Stockholm who used the following argument when trying to sell an apartment in a fairly run-down suburb called Tensta.

If you live in Tensta you're just a 20-minute subway ride from downtown Stockholm. Where can you get from the center of town in that short a time? Tensta? smiley-laughing014.gif

Penny at the Pole

• pipcd34
    Options
    janetmmc - how did i get moe (cat) in pouch? it started when he was a baby. we had a pouch in the back of Kirby's bike and put him in there (kinda like a cloth little basket). I would ride behind him to make sure he didn't jump out (which he never did), when he got bigger, I hooked the pouch to a purse strap and he would ride with me, staying in front of me, again, never jumped out. when he got too big, we bought a basket that attached to the front of my bike, again, he would stay in there and when we would go to the store or bar, we unhooked him and he stayed in there. that was all in Indiana out in the country. by the time we got over here to seattle/Tacoma. he was used to his basket and staying in there, he was kinda heavy so we found a pouch that was intended for small dogs and he stayed in that. so the moral of the story? start 'em young!

fanncy- geez are you lucky or what! bummer

jmkmomm - this is the one charity that we ride for every year. we also run for some, but bike riding? this is it, my friends are lucky, i only bug them for moo-laa once a year lololOLOLOL. my honey isn't blonde yet.. i'll show pics when he is :0) i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

csofled - what alot of us do is have two windows up (i have 2 monitors, i do this mostly at work) on one screen i am scrolling and reading. if there is someone that i want to reply to, i just open up a notepad or blank word doc. and put their name and reply like i am now. then when i'm done with reading it all, i copy/paste it in my reply and TAAA-DAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it ain't no thang... don't worry bout it.

it was kinda sprinkly today, had to wear my rainpants so my booty didn't get wet. this bike doesn't have fenders so it won't stop the wheels from spitting up water on my butt!

you know how I always say i'm goal less?? no goals? I don't really. for me PERSONALLY I don't like "new years resolutions" or "goals" because I always see it setting up people around me (and sometimes me) for failure. I just take it day by day. I am such a cardio head that this month I am going to bring back some more floor exercises that I used to do. i'll end up burning less cal for the day, (unless I ride to wk or ride home then i'll make up the calorie burn) and if I do, oh well, part of life
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Dr. Katie: Don't let that Ninja intimidate you... they work really well and are easier to use than they look! Put the stuff in, close the lid(line up the arrows), and press a button.

Mary: You sure aren't having any luck with houses are you! I hope the right home is just around the corner. (((HUGS )))

Penny: I went on a cruise to Geiranger about 3 years ago, I think it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen.

We're finally getting some rain! Yabba Dabba!! Lillian hope you're getting some in SK too!

Thought for the day: How do you go from where you are to where you wanna be? And I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal. And you have to be willing to work for it. - Jim Valvano

Have a successful day ladies.

Carey-Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Soooo fed up with the news from my rental. :sad: The new shower door didn't fit at the bottom and leaked everywhere. The bathroom is all mouldy, the floor has rotted and there are siverfish under the lino. Ugh. Of course the tenant has been given notice and I have told the agents to retain the deposit for making good repairs and compensating the downstairs people. I have made the first tentative steps towards selling it. I might have to cut my losses to save myself a headache. The shower contractor also seems to be at fault. :sad: I'm definitely not cut out for this business. :noway:

On the good side, I've done extra exercise today after my yoga to compensate for the garden party tonight. I'm up to 600, so if I don't eat dinner I can have a couple of drinks and a canapé or two! ! ! !
    My legs are painted. :laugh: but I am finding my large bruise hard to cover. (I walked into a bed corner when the DGC were here) I did buy hold up stockings, but will try to get away with bare legs. The weather here has been atrocious, but the sun has come out so there is a chance we might get outside although it is windy. DH has just gone off to the cricket - starting very late.

Feeling a bit fed up, but at least this latest problem has encouraged me to get rid of the #×÷+% rental. I should have done it before, but prices dipped so much. I feel bad because I bought it with my mum's inheritance.
    Oh well, I must be grateful that I even have a place to sell. I do realise that I'm lucky.

Going to attack my bruise again. Love Heather in Hampshire UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
    cityjane- bummer, sorry to hear about your rental. I can't help but laugh because of those picture faces crying and those buldging eyeballs... but I really do feel bad for you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I’m so sorry your rental is such a trial. You gave excellent advice to the newbies.

Cindy: I agree with Heather. 3 pounds in a month is excellent. More exercise is a great idea as long as it isn’t accompanied by a bunch of additional calories.

Janet: The “No Hat” is a way for DH to tell me that he’s frustrated that I won’t agree to buy things. He is one of those people who always wants something new or different. (New boat, RV, etc.) I want simplicity and to take care of the things we already have.

Sondra in South Fork: Yoga has been a real blessing to me. I started yoga with a class that met twice a week. I loved that teacher and still do, but her life changed and she no longer teaches. I found another place to take yoga, and morning classes are offered three days a week. I love the additional yoga time. Evening classes do not work for me, although they have those, too. I do not do yoga on my own or by following a video because I enjoy the social aspect of going to a class, and the fact that the teacher will help me if I’m doing something wrong.

AnnR AKA Becca by the Beach: Is it okay to cal you Becca?

DeeDee: Welcome to the wonderful world of retirement! I hope to see more of you here on the thread.

Terrimom: I also have unpleasant experiences with auto correct. I can spell just dandy on my own, although my typing leaves something to be desired. I usually proofread anything I write.

Penny at the Pole: Your life sounds amazing and your appreciation of your environment is wonderful. How do you deal with light in the winter?

Lesley: It seems that everyone loves to hate Camilla. I’m not part of the British Empire, and don’t take it as personally. I do have a question. Where is the public outrage against Charles? From all appearances he was the one who married a pretty girl from a good family with the goal of having a suitable brood mare, and probably already knew he was in love with Camilla. (I don't actually know anything about this that doesn't come from the international gossip press. I am guilty of having opinions about something I don't really know about.)

Carey: I love the thumbs up symbol.

My neighbor is not going to Zumba today, and I need to decide whether to go to the spin class anyway. I’m already dressed for it, and I have an extra half hour to decide as the real start time of the spin class isn’t until 9. I’ll go upstairs and talk it over with DH.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! It's nice to see so many new ladies joining our little hen party! Stick with us and don't give up. We are doing this together! And we all seem to love the doggies, so if you have some, tell us about them too. And grandchildren. I should have said those first, but you can tell where my priorities are.

Penny, what can you do up there at the north pole? What is daily life like there? Are you in Canada or Alaska?Do you have a YMCA, or a gym to join? I picture you running in circles around your igloo wearing a big furry parka, but of course now with global warming you may be fairly tropical! Do you live in a town? I'm just dying to know all about it. And we love pictures too.

And Steph from Greece. My advice would be to move away from there as soon as possible. I lived in Greece for a couple of years and the food was so wonderful, it would be really hard to avoid. I've never been a drinker, but I've heard the wine there is outstanding too. (I did go to a wine festival once with frends, and it was really hard to explain- without speaking Greek - that I don't drink. I was the designated driver befor ethere was such a thing.) Good luck to you. Keep us posted on how it's going. Do you live in Athens? I was stationed at the air force base there back in 1978-1980 and lived in Ano Glyphada (sp?). The fresh fruits and vegetables at the street markets were amazing. I remember peaches bigger than softballs and really sweet melons. And the bread!!!!! Always with real butter, too. There was a bakery right on our street.

Grits! What a great acronym! 7 pounds in 2 weeks is awesome! I never lost it that fast. At the moment I'm on a big, wide plateau, and hope to jump off of it soon. But 960 calories seems awfully low. I never tried to go below 1200, although sometimes I didn't quite make that many. Lately I've been "cheating" more, which helps explain my plateau. Good luck to you, and keep us posted!

Genevie8, welcome! I'm a walker too. Do you have a fitbit or something like that. It helps keep me motivated. There are some step challenges on MFP that you might join, too. Where are you from? Tell us more about yourself! We are really very nosy. Well, some of us are. B)

Marianne, Welcome! Two weddings in one year! Can you wear the same dress to both? I'd have a stroke trying to shop for TWO dresses. 20 pounds by October seems do-able. Tell us more!

Well, I took the two girls to girl scout camp this morning and dropped them off. First we stopped at Walmart to get sunglasses. The sun is shining for the first time in weeks! I nearly asphixiated myself spraying them with bug spray and sunscreen. It's a miracle they could breathe at all. Tomorrow I'll try to do better. I pick them up at 3:30. then take the little guy to t-ball at 5:30. Hubby may have to get his own dinner out of the crock pot tonight.

Well, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

Here are my goals for June:
    1. Lose 4 pounds. And not the same 4 over and over either. I want to be consistantly at 165 by the end of June.
    2. Stop all the cheating. I have had more salt in the last month than I have had in the last two years. No more.
    3. Increase stept to 12,000 by the end of the month. I've been slacking on my walking, except when I was in Spain.
    4. Increase weights by 10 pounds on each machine.
    5. Try the C25K program.

Sylvia
    In southeast Kansas, where the sun is shining at last!

Whoops; thought I could just highlight the part that was directed to me; but . . . here goes; on a very low caloric intake because MD said that I had to lose the weight and I needed to 'jump start' myself into doing it, ergo the low caloric count. I'm thinking that once I get to the goal we have set for me, then my caloric count 'might' go up a little but very slowly. I have a total of 55+ lbs., to lose, so this 7lbs in 2 weeks made me ecstatic. At the moment I am drinking 2 protein shakes; eating 1 protein bar/chips; and then try to have a meal that is under 550 calories (and even then) I'm still around 1,030 calories a day; but, I am trying to keep it below the 960 per day. Weekends are usually a 'bust' for me because my hubby cooks breakfast both days. I finally figured out if I only ate 1 sausage patty instead of 2 . . . I'd be below my caloric intake for the day - even when we went 'out to eat' one of those nights. I usually will post what I 'think' I am going to eat and then come home and adjust it one way or the other.

I have 2 grown married sons (the last one, just this past May 9th). We were beginning to wonder if maybe he had his sights set too high . . . but, I told him 'when the right woman came along, he'd know it - it would hit him like a ton of bricks' . . . and it did! Besides she likes to 'hunt and fish' and doesn't mind living out 'in the country'. Unfortunately, they live in Louisiana and we all live in SWGA. He got exactly what he had been looking for in a wife. :smiley: My granddaughters are 19, 14, 9 and 9 (not twins). Although they look sort of alike.

I have a huge 'tuxedo' cat (black and white) who is sort of a teenager/young adult cat and charming as he can be. We lost our dog of 16 years back in the Spring. Maybe after we get back from vacation we will start looking for another dog. I'd like to have a Mountain Feist - Mountain Cur, my son has one and she is so smart and she comes in at night to sleep - no fleas; or another Jack Russell Terrier. I have 4 granddaughters, one came with my son's new wife and she is just like my biological granddaughters. My oldest granddaughter (in college and on the Dean's List) got me into the MFP site and I love it, too. Logging in my calories for the day has been keeping me on the straight and narrow. I've just got to remember that I need to wear the same sort of outfit when I go to the MD to weigh-in as I did last time. Shorts and sandals (the sandals will come off before I get weighed). I was told to try to work out more (as soon as my knee got better) and to up the amount of liquid I was taking in. So now I have found a flavored water that does not have any calories - ZEROs all the way across the board. It is "Sparkling ICE" . . . comes in many flavors, too. Some people (like my husband) don't like the 'bite' it has because it is carbonated; but it comes in 17 ounce bottles and that is a way for me to keep up with how much water/liquids I have taken in per day. I think to increase my water intake above 8 8-ounce cups, I will also have to drink a couple of glasses of regular well water.

We live 'out in the country' and now I wish I had agreed with my husband years ago to move from the city we lived in - I love the peace and quiet out here and definitely do not miss 'town'. It wasn't really a 'big' city; but it is bigger than living in a 'town'. We're sort of between Albany and Columbus, GA in Dawson; so I usually say we live 'right outside of Albany' when talking to strangers. If I say I live in Dawson, people seem to hear me say "Dalton" which is in North GA.

Well . . . to all my 50+ friends . . . HELLO and keep up the good work! :p
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Oh, and GRITSand SLUTS real name is "Lenora"
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Thank you Barbie for being our anchor! :flowerforyou:

My May goals were: 1. Keep exercising and logging. Tick! :D
    2. Sort out the pile of admin in the office and do my rental accounts. Nope! I have just added to the pile!
    3. Do 3 things a week for my book publicity. Not quite! Did something every week. :)
    4. DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD. :drinker: Getting much better at this.
    5. Decide on a new writing project. OK. I'm currently pursuing two. :ohwell:
    For June
    1. Sort out that pile of papers! :sad:
    2. Find 2 new avenues of publicity
    3. DON'T LET THE PERFECT BE THE ENEMY OF THE GOOD, :drinker:
    4. Get on with my new writing most days. Find the floppy disc of an old book and get it converted. :noway:

DH off to cricket. I went food shopping, complained about the loud music and then had to redo all the bill as I had bought one wrong thing for the free offer. :sad: Do you see my June goal up there?
    Because of taking DH out I haven't done my morning writing and I'm feeling very guilty. I have to do my roots this pm for tomorrow's garden party and try to do something with my nails, then cook Hairy Bikers' chicken. See above June goals? ? I will make myself do one paragraph this pm. :)

I bought a couple of colourful camisole vests this morning, some pyjama bottoms and a summer handbag. It's gold! ! ! ! I have been wanting a yellow one to go with my yellow knitted jacket, but this will go with it and lots of other things. Happy me! I love a bit of bling!

Lots of love. Must have my squid and artichokes for lunch and then attack my hair.

Heather in dull, soon to be raining, Hampshire UK

Where do y'all get all the 'cute' smiley faces that move?