5'2 shorties

Options

Replies

• ashleyemiller14
    ashleyemiller14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", just starting out and at 150 lbs. I want to get down to a healthy BMI, but dream weight is 120 lbs. What worked best for you all? What kinds of changes did you make? Cardio vs. strength training? Interested to hear success stories and methods!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, have lost about 40 lbs since having my son last year. I am at 138, with a goal weight of 130.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2.75" SW 176lbs CW 169lbs - goal is 135lbs and will go from there I guess. Most of my friends on MFP have quit so I deleted them. Glad to see some folks on the shorter side with great success ! I have only been back at it for 30 days.
  • polo18
    polo18 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 - I've lost 31 lbs since 4/13/15 (8 weeks) following a plan similar to Ideal Protein. Looking to lose about 40 more...one day at a time.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and have lost 50 lbs. The first 25 pounds took me 4 years to lose. July 2014 I started using MFP and since then I have lost over 25 more. That means 2-3 pounds a month. I limit myself to 1300 calories a day and hit the gym 3 days a week for about 1hour and 20 minutes each time.

I am not a young person though, so I know my metabolism is slower than many of you. I do hit plateaus along the way and just have to be extra diligent to follow my plan. I wish I had taken pictures before I started. I still have at least 30 pounds more to lose.

70044776.png
  • laoryn
    laoryn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there. i'm not-quite- 5'3". Even though there's a generous range of healthy weights for our height (and i've been at all of them!) I have an 5 pound range of where my body feels "right." I hit 140, the heaviest I've ever been, this January. That's where the BMI calculator starts shaking its virtual finger. I went on a crash diet and started working out more. Found MFP in February and I love that it keeps me accountable for what I eat, it also helps me make sure that i eat enough!, and helps me keep me on a schedule with workout goals. I've lost 22-23 pounds since January and am back in the range where I like to be! I'd like to lose a few more pounds, but that's probably just for vanity or bragging rights. i'm feel great where I am and now just wanna keep working on muscle tone.
  • laoryn
    laoryn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    polo18 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4 - I've lost 31 lbs since 4/13/15 (8 weeks) following a plan similar to Ideal Protein. Looking to lose about 40 more...one day at a time.

That's fantastic. i'd click the 'like' button if there was one. Good job!
  • mcfattest
    mcfattest Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    kidneybee wrote: »
    5'2" here. Started at 125 lbs and currently at 112 lbs after 3 months on a 1200 cal/day diet. Goal weight is 110 lbs with less fat, more muscle. I carry all my weight disproportionately in my hips and thighs, so my goal is to tone my legs up to match my upper body.

@kidneybee
    Me too!
    You're my "weight" and "weight loss goal" twin! :)
    But you're much younger than me, LOL!

Same here. It's a slow process with 1200 kcal a day... what kind of workout do you do/how long/how often?
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3". I went from 196 to 135 a few years back which felt about right. Currently back in the 160s after illness & surgery and now just heading in the right direction (with a lot more lifting this time around). The right weight for me will be whatever I am when a UK 8-10 looks good again :)
  • christmaseve70
    christmaseve70 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1, 238 lbs and 44 years of age. A couple of years ago i lost 62 lbs in 4.5 months by doing nothing but going to gym every day and qorking out an hour a day every day for 4.5 months straight a d the weight just melted off. No doetart changes whatsoever. Well after i moved back to my home state, igained over 35 of it back and feel worse than ever! Tried doing what i did before. Went to gym every day for 3 months straight and guess what! I didnt lose a pound! Notsire if its just my age or what...sooooo when my sister told me about MFP and how ahes lost 22 lbs in 2 months just doing it, i saod ill give it a try so here i am....desperate to lose and feel good again. Its great reading all of your successes...gives me hope! You all are doing terrific!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and 53 years old. I started at 150 lbs and am now at 119. I am on 1200 kcal a day. Feel free to friend me too!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3 and I've lost about 90lbs going from 260 to 173. My goal is 130. [img]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e25/chesnity3/Mobile Uploads/PicsArt_1433957913815_zpsfyafnwef.jpg[/img]
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    74 pounds in 11.5 months. 21 pounds to go. Would be ecstatic to reach my goal weight (125) by mid-October; if not, then I would love to reach it by year-end.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2", 46 years old and I have gone from 244 to around 150! A size 20/22 to 2/4, and even though I would still like to get the number down I don't want to get any smaller, only stronger.

You might be surprised at what changes your body may go through - the only one I can assure you of is that not only won't you get taller you will feel even shorter than your 5'2" :#
  • SLK507
    SLK507 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Such great stories! I am 5'2" and down about 5lbs since I started logging my food and walking to work... About a month ago. Still another 10 or so to go.

I do think it's a bit harder for us shorties, especially those of us over, 50! But week get there!

I'm 5'2" and on the "wrong" side of 50 myself. Have found the weight does not want to come off like it used too. I started last week really counting calories and slowly adding exercise (don't want to strain anything and then not be able to do any exercise, and get discouraged). Down 1.5 lbs the first week (149.5 to 148). I know it won't stay that high, but it was nice to see the scale move. My goal is by mid-August to be down 10 lbs, but it will require almost complete dedication, but I'll be happy if I see continued losses of any amount after a couple of attempts with no weight loss.
  • 626Ashley
    626Ashley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a success in progress. I've lost 28.6 pounds in 3 months. I still have 30-40 pounds to go. Add me. (:
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    1971MLJ wrote: »
    5'3 - lost 30lbs and been maintaining for the last year. Hard work but worth every minute and ounce of sweat.

24p5jmsqsjpt.jpg
    glfl0bxeazdp.jpg

You look unbelievably awesome!!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and went from 154lbs to 133lbs and have been maintaining for a year.

My waist went from 31" to 26.5" my hips from 40 to 35.5" and my chest from 38" to 33" :smile:

I maintain on 2100-2200 calories/ am very active (run/walk/strength train) and have been since starting my MFP journey 3 yrs ago.

• rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5Ft, but the before and after photos on here are amazing, well done Christina91925, Nikkishai, Rcontr7 & JPBGrad98 x
  • AnnaFit4Life
    AnnaFit4Life Posts: 106 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm just under 5'2"...5'1" and 3/4s LOL!

I started Nutrisystem at 185+ lbs Feb 5, 2009 (but my highest weight was in the 220 s previous to that- I was struggling with weight issues for a while). By Aug 21, 2009 I was down to 119 lbs. Never did I dream in a million years it was possible. My original goal was 140 lbs, but the plan was working so well for me and I really like the new way of eating and lifestyle I went beyond my expectations. NS gave me the tools to learn how to eat to live and not live to eat anymore. It was a complete lifestyle change and a my journey to wellness.

After losing the weight on NS, I've been maintaining using my own foods for the better part of 6 years. Turned Forty Feeling Fit Fabulous and Free.

Me at +185lbs-Before Nutrisystem and After 115lbs at My Photo Shoot. Thank You NS : 70lbs Down
    ~Forty, Fit, Feeling Fabulous and Free!!!~
    Meat185423x640215x326_zps82d78f72.jpgs51083cb116985_11_zps5e89a11f.jpg
    FortyFitFabulousampFree_zps12bba1eb.jpg

Shortly after reaching goal in 2009 NS sent me to this photo shoot here in Canada and posted my Before and After Pics (for call-ins on TSC)-The Shopping Channel (Canada's version of QVC). A few months later they sent me to Toronto for an amazing weekend doing live airings on TSC. I had so much fun meeting other NSers sharing our success stories. We did 2 days of shows and is an experience I will never forget.

NS works!!!

PS> they also got me the most fabulous "little black dress" for the pics, which thanks to NS still fits me today.

Pre NS: This is me at 185+ lbs. This is how I looked from my mid-late 20s and throughout my 30s. I wore this dress everywhere...weddings, anniversaries, Christmas Parties and funerals. I often got asked "when i was due", "nope I'm not pregnant...just overweight". I'll never forget the meet and greet open house at my daughter's grade school one year. The teacher walked up to me with a big smile on her face and said "congratulations, how exciting, when are you due???"....awkward ::)

Last Pic:Recently taken in May 2015. New little black goal dress, still fits 5 years later.

Black%20dress-Pre-NS%20137x400_zpsqxwfiu7a.jpgiphone%20001%20184x400_zps6zr6qmwe.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!