5'2 shorties

Replies

• Lilcakie
    Lilcakie Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'1 and have lost 10 lbs. since February this year. Down from 150 to 140. Not a huge change but I've been focusing on endurance running and weight training. Visually I can see my body composition has changed. I'm down a size, I lost my muffin top, and I'm staring to see ab definition. Also, I'm starting to see the reality of a thigh gap. *Gasp* I have times where I indulge on vacation or a girls weekend trip but I try my best to get back on it as soon as I can and the temporary weight goes away. Good luck!!
  • TheJenProject
    TheJenProject Posts: 25 Member
    Not a huge success 5ft 2 started at 130lbs not at 120lb trying to lose 5 more lbs for my goal weight but its a struggle, It took about 1.5 months to lose.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    5'2 and have lost 10.5lbs since April 29th.
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    I'm also 5'2". I'm curious as to what everyone's goal weight is.
  • littlmissapril
    littlmissapril Posts: 24 Member
    I'm 5'1-5"2. I started in November 2014 at 190. Now I'm 148. For the past month or so my weight didn't budge. I was stuck at 150 and became frustrated. It was my fault, I wasn't recording everything I ate in my log. This week I have been strict. Eating 1400 calories and working out, burning around 500-700 calories a day (elliptical & Jillian Michael Revolution or P90X). Within a day or two I noticed a change in the scale.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Hiya! I'm 5'2" and this is 6 weeks worth of weight lifting (5x/wk), a 20% calorie deficit, and sporadic HIIT sessions (3-4x/wk). I've been following the Thinner Leaner Stronger program by Michael Matthews and I plan on sticking with it for a full year, so more to come...

progress-side-05312015_zps0ik0ylgk.jpg
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    I am 5'2 ish... and I lost 40lbs in six months, but then gained it all back plus about another 20. Currently I am down 18lbs.. slowly but surely.. since Oct. 2014.
  • DoreenaV1975

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    I'm 5'2" on a tall day lol but I lost from 130 down to 105 lbs. I'm back up to 115 now and would like to hit 110 again, but I'm pretty comfortable with this weight, esp since I'm not having to work super hard to stay here. It can be done :)
  • Kelven2330
    Kelven2330 Posts: 41 Member
    I am a short guy but you are all awesome. Pretty impressive stuff.
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    I'm 5'2'' to 5'3''...began in the middle of January in the high 180s...currently in the low 160s. I have recently hit a plateau from a lot of traveling, celebrating, and vacation but I'm back on track. My goal is 135. I hope to get there by next February.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    5'2", down 23 pounds since mid-january, I've got another 12-17 to go to be where I want to be, so half a success story.
  • jitterbugginlovin
    jitterbugginlovin Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'1". I started out at 187 and now I'm down to 149lbs. I've lost 38lbs since January 2014. I'd like to lose another 20lbs by September. 25lbs would be freaking fantastic if I really hit hard at the gym and buckle down on my eating.

Any other shorties on here can add me! Send me a FR!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    CURRENT STATS:
    Height: 5'1" , Size: 6 Petite bottoms, small on top
    Current Weight: 140 lbs. as of June 1, 2015
    BF: 27%
    Goal weight: 125 lbs. or less

EXERCISE:
    STRONG LIFTS (5x5) on Mon, Wed, Fri - Began April 1, 2015
    Squat: 120 lbs.
    Bench: 85 lbs.
    Bent Over Row: 90 lbs.
    Overhead Press: 50 lbs.
    Deadlift: 155 lbs.

Tues and Thurs: Run 45 minutes and 3 1-minute planks.
    Usually bike to and from work total of 6 miles.
  • DoreenaV1975
    justcat206 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2" on a tall day lol but I lost from 130 down to 105 lbs. I'm back up to 115 now and would like to hit 110 again, but I'm pretty comfortable with this weight, esp since I'm not having to work super hard to stay here. It can be done :)

5 years ago I lost 35 pounds... I went down to 102. I looked SICK, and not in a good way...in the "is-she-anorexic--way". I kept it off for 3 years but then I gained about 24 of it back. I did it the unhealthy way the first time around so the "anorexic" concerns weren't that unfounded...
    However, I am doing it the healthy way this time, but even w/ the healthy way I don't want to look as sickly as I did at 102! So 110 is my goal and once I get there I plan on getting into weight lifting to help tone the rest of the flab that doesn't seem to budge, even when I was at 102!

I'm bottom heavy so my thighs, butt, and tummy were still flabby while you could see my collar bones and ribs, and my arms looked like sticks. Also my face was gaunt. But because I thought that losing weight was the only way to get my bottom half under control, I kept losing! I was wrong!
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    5'2", down 23 pounds since mid-january, I've got another 12-17 to go to be where I want to be, so half a success story.

I'm so glad to see the similarity. I've lost 24 pounds since mid-January. :smiley: My fellow half-success.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    I'm not a success story but would love to see more pics of people's progress! I am 5'2, started at 204 in April, now down to about 189. Long ways to go. Baby steps!
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member

Mine is 108-- pretty close. I've been in the high nineties as an adult (and looked good) but I have to give myself some slack because of the dreaded slowed metabolism of age.

• gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Such great stories! I am 5'2" and down about 5lbs since I started logging my food and walking to work... About a month ago. Still another 10 or so to go.

I do think it's a bit harder for us shorties, especially those of us over, 50! But week get there!
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    I'm 5'2" and started on March 4 at 219 pounds. As of this morning I weighed 180.4, for a loss of close to 40 pounds. I watch my calories and after the first month I added cardio 6-7 times a week, an hour each time. I started with the treadmill and am now switching between that, elliptical and adaptive motion trainer. I'll take a class every now and then, though spinning hurt my *kitten* too much to do it again!

My goal is betw 120-130, I'll see when I get closer. So I've got about 50-60 more to go, though 41 will put me in the 130s. Yay!!

bmtw17thfrks.jpg
    bybqhafm157f.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!