Do you send friend requests based on profile pics?

Options

Replies

• barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Nope. Only because I read something on a post they participated in and it seems like we can help each other. Don't care what they look like, only if they can give help or receive it or both.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    No, I base it on what their training or eating is like. I rarely send them out though.

That is so shallow.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    No... I pick people that I think are intelligent. I dump people who whine and do silly dieting methods. I've added guys for making forum posts that are synonymous with my opinions. Ive gotten rid of pretty girls for doing ridiculous crash dieting.

or maybe funny people like the poster above..
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Eh, sometimes :)
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hell ya, I'm sending britttttx3 one right now :)
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Nope...but I do creep on profiles because of their pic :tongue:
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have done that twice. Most of my friend requests come from cool things they say in these threads or if they have a cool/inspirational profile.
  • luis702702
    luis702702 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I did but no more, I can't even keep track of the 11 friends I have :( I am still getting use to this MFP ... Mine is public so don't even need to be my friend to check out my diary and exercises :)
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Occasionally. I don't send out a lot of requests anymore, but if I do it will be because of their physique and only for purposes of improving my diet and training... I have learned quite a bit from other people's success :)
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    worst thing is if their other pics are private but after you are friends, you find them blech. then you're stuck. i sent the admins an email to complain. they havent got back to me.
    I'm sorry my other pics were a disappointment. But I thought everyone wanted to see pictures of my kitty.

Bring on the kitties :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    No, I base it on what their training or eating is like. I rarely send them out though.

That is so shallow.

It totally is. Oh well. :flowerforyou:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    No, they have to give me flowers before we can be friends
  • Josh5957
    Josh5957 Posts: 120
    Options
    Hell ya, I'm sending britttttx3 one right now :)

likewise!
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no!! There are two factors that determine whether I send friend requests or not! First, it's their general profile. I make a point of reading a person's profile (no matter how long it is) before sending a friend request to get a better idea of the kind of person they are, their goals, what or who inspires them and the reason they're on MFP. Of course, it's a problem if their profile is private! And this is where the second factor comes in. I first saw many of my friends on the forums (especially on the "success stories" forum) and I decided to send them FRs (even those with private profiles) because I was captivated and inspired by their success stories. On a lighter side, I will also send someone a friend request based on my interaction with them in the forums, like them just generally being super nice to me or giving me a compliment!

All in all, a person profile pic plays no role whatsoever in whether I send them a friend request or not. And besides, I think it's really shallow and frankly quite childish to judge a person purely on their profile pic!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    No, never. 100% of my friend requests have been based on content.

ETA: actually that's not true. A couple years ago I sent a friend request to someone who had a raptor dressed as Jesus profile pic. It was a pretty epic picture.
  • runner2runner
    Options
    No, I dont send FRs at all, if someone wants to be my friend they have to fill out the proper forms and I will get back to them in 2-3 business days

That popular huh?

Sadly, no :(... no one has yet to fill out the proper forms, but I keep trying.

Where can I get the forms?
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Only to hot ladies...sorry.

so, i guess my request got lost in the intertubez? huh? huh??
  • runner2runner
    Options
    Honestly? I have sent FRs to women and to men based on their profile pics because I could tell by looking at them that they were doing something right with their training and diet. I have never sent a FR to anyone on the basis of them being attractive and me wanting to creep. That is not to say I don't creep on the many highly sexy men on my FL. But it's not why I sent them a FR or accepted their FR.

Then you can count me in!!