Do you send friend requests based on profile pics?

Options

Replies

• Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't generally send friend requests. I have occasionally when someone said they needed friends.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Rarely. I mostly FR people based on their profiles and/or if we both have mutual friends. I have gotten a few FR because of my profile pic and tons based off my ticker.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if they look like what I'm aiming to be, or if there's a nice progress profile pic... Or if they're hot.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    No.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I mostly add people who post "friend requests" on the forum who seem the proper combination of interesting/motivated/kinda like me. I added a few people because they live fairly close by. I can't say I've added anyone based on profile pic. If people want to add me for that reason, go right ahead, but I'd feel weird doing it.

The legion of mega-attractive people on my friends list is a happy coincidence.
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Nope and I ignore any friend request that doesn't come with an explanation as to why they want to add me. I also ignore 'hello cutie' PM's, you know who you are...

i lol at people that need explanations. just lol it's a fitness site not a dating site get over it.

Exactly, I add people who have similar goals or interests BECAUSE it's a fitness site, not people who just want to have 1,000 people on their friends list to perve at.

I like my friend list small enough that I know who people are and what they're doing.

^ Exactly! When it starts with "Hey cutie"...they are definitely not here for health and fitness. I have a small list that has mainly women with great eating habits and healthy lifestyles. I had my profile open for people to get to know who I am...but sad to say...creepers ruined that.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've only sent a few friend requests, but I'm not here to collect friends.

I will admit that the profile pic is usually what catches your eye first, but after you check out the profile, if there's nothing in common or an overflow of "friends", I'm most likely not going to add (if I gained the guts to add people in the first place). Also, if there's no message with a friend request, I'm likely not going to accept.

For the eye candy friend requests sent, if they accept me and are inactive or give no support at all, I'm likely to delete after a few weeks.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Nope. Honestly, I look at the pictures in the tickers more.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Profile pictures have never been the only deciding factor for me, but there may have been an occasion when they were more prominent in the decision. :wink:

The main thing for me is how a person interacts on the forums. Are they informative? Humorous? Shared interests?
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    No. Not exactly...... a profile pic, comment, or post will lead me to a persons page where I read and decide whether I want them on my friends list. I have to admit that there has been an occasion that the pic lead me there. But the witty and funny comments is what usually gets me.
  • _EmmaStrong_
    _EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    No, absolutely not! When I request a friend, it's because I have seen them on my news-feed and they seemed like great motivators, or I saw them in the forums and really liked their responses! A sense of caring, a sense of humor and intelligence really shows in a persons comments! You can't see that in their profile pic, alone!! And you can't go by their bio, either!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Nope and I ignore any friend request that doesn't come with an explanation as to why they want to add me. I also ignore 'hello cutie' PM's, you know who you are...

i lol at people that need explanations. just lol it's a fitness site not a dating site get over it.

It is funny don't you think that this member has now deactivated their account :) Maybe they were looking for a dating site :laugh:
  • Josh5957
    Josh5957 Posts: 120
    Options

Hahaha
  • Josh5957
    Josh5957 Posts: 120
    Options
    Yeah, if they look like what I'm aiming to be, or if there's a nice progress profile pic... Or if they're hot.

like the honesty!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I don't send friend requests based on the pics in their profile. Rather, I send them based on the pics they put in my inbox. :drinker:
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    If I like a profile pic in the forums, I click on it to see the bigger version on their the profile.

Then, if I still like it, I click to see more in their profile.

If their profile is private, I send a request. If they accept, I creep the pics for a while until my needs are satisfied. Then, I drop them.
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    nope, i dont send requests ... i cant take rejection!!!!! :sad:
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    I send FRs due to profile content & posts from forums.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    80% of ya'll sayin' no are liars. :-D
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    No. Their username catches my eye.