anything that you want to say about tattoos?

Options
12346»

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    ErikThaRed wrote: »
    I have two. One is my daughter's birthday on my forearm (numbers), and the other is my Goddaughter's name on my wrist area (Calisi). Got a appt. to get my daughter's portrait on the inside of the forearm where her b-day is in August. I also have twin boys on the way and will likely get something for them after they are born. I also plan on getting another on my leg sometime next year. They get addicting as a lot of people say, but they must have a good meaning and be done well.

pujsfxtrb37t.jpg

Born July 37th? 87th?
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. Wanting to get another soon. To each their own, some love them, some hate them. I don't like face and neck tats personally and would never personally get a tat that can't be covered with normal clothing (regular shoes, long pants, long sleeves) only because some people are judgemental as all get out and you may encounter them in places where their bias can make or break you (like a job interview). That being said mine is on my ankle and I have never gone to job interview with it showing (either covered with pants or dark hose), but once I have the job, I proudly show it off all summer long in skirts, capris and sandals.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Only exercise and a healthy lifestyle can improve the human form. The rest is graffiti. How does the saying go? "You wouldn't put a bumper sticker on a Bentley." However, some do and I question their judgment.

Then again, who am I.

I'm feeling particularly judgemental today, so let the butthurt flow.

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This is one of five the day it was done before touch ups! Has all my children and Grandchildren's names.
    mt0fxo1br7sq.jpg

How it looks now! Adding another Grandbaby's name after he/she is born in a week! :smiley:
    ofd6fveavkae.jpg

• vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on the thread in a while, but I did notice the post about it being an "attention-whoring technique". I'm not saying that I don't like attention, but that's not why I got my tattoo. In fact, mine is on my rib cage so that it's not constantly visible. I also don't go around constantly pulling up my shirt to say "oooo look at my tattoo".
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I think that getting tattoos is purely subjective. I also don't think that those people into tattooing care what the rest of the world thinks.

I have several. Some have meaning. Some are the product of a drunken weekend in Okinawa. I regret nothing, but would probably not have a couple of them if I were to make the choice today.

As for what others do, that's their choice. I like some. I dislike others.

Some tattoos are enhancements. Some tattoos are not. Some tattoos on beautiful women are just graffiti on an otherwise beautiful work of art.

Your post was honest and unbiased. The bolded sections are some reasons why I don't like tattoos.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on the thread in a while, but I did notice the post about it being an "attention-whoring technique". I'm not saying that I don't like attention, but that's not why I got my tattoo. In fact, mine is on my rib cage so that it's not constantly visible. I also don't go around constantly pulling up my shirt to say "oooo look at my tattoo".

YES! All my tattoos aren't visable. I have 2 that show ONLY if my hair is up. Other than that no one would know if I had any.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Ink free since 1954 :-)