Disturbing trend on MFP….

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Okay.... now I MUST google Wawa.....

WAWA means the lead goose in the V- it's an Indian word. it's the one leading the flock.

Anyway- it's a convenience station- started out a little like 7/11- just foods- coffee etc- but about 6-8 years ago they started building super wawas- made to order food and 24 hour fuel- safe- clean- always a super reliable place to stop. I will go out of my way to stop at a wawa esp if I'm travelling by myself- double especially on my bike. And yes- heavenly goodness.

I effing love WaWa

I knew there was a reason i liked you.

Outside of all the awesome advice.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    You forgot step 10

10. Get drunk as *kitten* with your SO, go back home, and have wild monkey sex.

If I do this first part the 2nd part doesn't happen...I just wanna sleep..he can have all the wild monkey sex he wants I just wont be participating much.

Hahaha ditto to that! I really don't understand the concept of getting drunk to get some.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

WAWA means the lead goose in the V- it's an Indian word. it's the one leading the flock.

Anyway- it's a convenience station- started out a little like 7/11- just foods- coffee etc- but about 6-8 years ago they started building super wawas- made to order food and 24 hour fuel- safe- clean- always a super reliable place to stop. I will go out of my way to stop at a wawa esp if I'm travelling by myself- double especially on my bike. And yes- heavenly goodness.

I effing love WaWa

I knew there was a reason i liked you.

Outside of all the awesome advice.

:) huzzah!!!

I used to help build WaWa's - so I got to learn some cool things- it's also why their little logo that you probably never pay attention to (I never did LMAO) is a single flying goose).

I also really truly genuinely love wawa- they provide a much needed service and I love that they FEEL safe- it NEVER EVER feels like a sketchy gas station- I used to work nights as an inspector- and finding a safe place to stop and get coffee- fuel up and go pee was critical. gas stations are such a security issue- so it's one of the reasons I truly love them.

Plus we do a lot of bike trips- and we have a lot of happy memories eating food and drinking gatorade on the curb of a wawa.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Dammit! You guys made me search for it too. Although I use Bing. Interesting. Don't think they'll be expanding to Wisconsin anytime soon. :'(

BINGing a Wawa sounds vaguely dirty...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Just google heavenly goodness. It should be the #1 search result.

It's a sandwich shop?? :open_mouth:

Cover me in chocolate and call me surprised ..I thought it would be something ...errr....delicious
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Sometimes I'll just repeat step 2 multiple times and then skip to step 7.

Am I going to die?

Why you don't invite me?

how about the both of you invite me?

Consider yourselves invited. Who's bringing the chips and dip?

Me me me!! :wink:

I'll bring the tequila...
  • NPetrakis
    NPetrakis Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I would add a step before step 1.

Use the internet.

There's no reason to find oneself at a restaurant only to frown at the menu choices. Most menus are online and good restaurants are often happy to answer questions about meal content on the phone. Are you sensitive to gluten? Allergic to saffron or cinnamon? Call and ask!

My wife was UNBEARABLE when dining out. In her defense, certain ingredients triggered sensitivities such as bloat or swelling in hands and feet. She narrowed them down by process of elimination but in doing so unscientifically she resembled a hypochondriac navigating an ingredient mine field while declaring "this makes me itch, that causes bloat", and it would happen with the poor server during the dinner rush. Painful.

Now she takes the time to research and call ahead at a calmer hour and has a few places she trusts.

While this is an extreme case it highlights that sometimes eating out can be complex, but it doesn't have to be.
    Adding friends :smile: always
  • ndj1979
    Options
    You forgot step 10

I don't have an SO …so the last part of that sentence or me is usually:

a) find some random and go back home for wild monkey sex

or

b) pass out on couch with lights and tv on ….

LOLZ
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I actually dissected a kebab today to figure out the calorie content. lol

I took apart a damn tuna hoagie the other day to weigh the individual components. The extra helping of shame put me over my calorie goal for the day.

Sorry for the off topic but are you from near Philly? There arent many people that i know who call it a hoagie.

I'm 10 minutes from Center City (on the Jersey side of the Delaware) and can hear the stadium fireworks from my front yard. You nearby?

Was it from Wawa? B)

I love my Wawa!!!

The biggest news in my area is the city approved a plan for a wawa. I had tears of joy.

I see your wawa, and I raise you a Chick Fil A. ;)
    Seriously, there is one under construction 5 minutes from my house that is set to open on DH's birthday, August 7th. He's already said that's where we're going to eat. I'm just excited I won't have to drive 30 minutes away just for a damned chicken sandwich or salad (depending on my mood) anymore! :laugh:

And, what exactly is a "wawa"? I'm in SC, haven't seen one of those. :confused:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If I google Wawa it's a city in North Western Ontario famous for having a big wooden goose...hehe
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You forgot step 10

or

LOLZ

Why am I thinking he missed an option out there

*inscrutable expression*
  • MFD7576
    MFD7576 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I really want a Doritos Locos Taco but @Troutsy wont let me have one....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

I took apart a damn tuna hoagie the other day to weigh the individual components. The extra helping of shame put me over my calorie goal for the day.

Sorry for the off topic but are you from near Philly? There arent many people that i know who call it a hoagie.

I'm 10 minutes from Center City (on the Jersey side of the Delaware) and can hear the stadium fireworks from my front yard. You nearby?

Was it from Wawa? B)

I love my Wawa!!!

The biggest news in my area is the city approved a plan for a wawa. I had tears of joy.

Seriously, there is one under construction 5 minutes from my house that is set to open on DH's birthday, August 7th. He's already said that's where we're going to eat. I'm just excited I won't have to drive 30 minutes away just for a damned chicken sandwich or salad (depending on my mood) anymore! :laugh:

Chickfilas are a dime a dozen in my area. I literally have 8 or 9 in a 10 mile radius. But they are awesome.

Wawa, is a convenience store with great food. And even better they are in the mfp database!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You forgot step 10

or

LOLZ

*inscrutable expression*

trying to avoid jail… :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You forgot step 10

or

LOLZ

*inscrutable expression*

Nope, not what I was thinking of. ;)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    You forgot step 10

or

LOLZ

*inscrutable expression*

Nope, not the option I was thinking of. ;)

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    MPF really needs a like button. My philosophy is pretty much in sync with the outline referenced. It's not rocket science people.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Was it from Wawa? B)

I love my Wawa!!!

Chickfilas are a dime a dozen in my area. I literally have 8 or 9 in a 10 mile radius. But they are awesome.

Wawa, is a convenience store with great food. And even better they are in the mfp database!

If I ever venture up north I'll have to stop in one lol!

There are so many restaurants in this little town it's ridiculous. We have:
    -2 McDonald's (one of which is in the walmart)
    -2 Burger Kings (one on each end of town)
    -Sonic
    -Subway
    -Japan House (delicious food and sushi!)
    -Tokyo (again, on the other side of town
    -Great Wall (Chinese restaurant)
    -China Star (another Chinese restaurant)
    -Bojangles
    -Whiteford's (local fast food/burger joint)
    -Little Caesars
    -House of Pizza (Italian restaurant)
    -Mig's (another Italian restaurant on the other side of town)
    -Señor Garcia's (Mexican)
    -Los Potreros (Mexican)
    -KFC/LJS
    -Zaxby's
    -Wendy's
    -Waffle House
    -Roma's (another Italian restaurant, more upscale)
    -The Clock (local diner style restaurant)
    and coming in August
    -Chick Fil A

Not to mention the 4 grocery stores (if you include walmart) we have for this small town....

Can't do much of anything else here but eat out...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Was it from Wawa? B)

I love my Wawa!!!

Rubbish.
    You can't see a wawa and raise us a chain story.

You don't even know what wawa is!!!

Chick Fil - A is meh- it's fast food and that's about it. WaWa is a convience store but they make custom order food as well. There is absolutely no way in any world a chik-fil-a that is better than a wawa. just not happening.