I need more help

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Peachiko87 wrote: »

Now for the rest: Do you do everything on your own, like no medications?

Nope
    Or no family or friends support?

Nope...I do all the grocery shopping and cooking. I don't care what Mrs. ceo or my friends eat; they don't care what I eat.
    It can be very hard doing something that is actually good for you. Like exercise.

On the contrary, I look forward to exercising
    Different people have different struggles. Placing blame just makes you look like an *kitten*.

Agreed...which is why we suggested OP stop blaming everyone and everything else.
    How did you gain self control, what helped with it?

I gave one answer in my first post. Before I ate anything, I paused, and stopped to consider whether it would fit into my calorie and macro goals for the day. If it didn't I put it back.
    When will I possibly see these changes to help gain self control?

When you start implementing them.
    If you can't answer any of these, then you are not being supportive.

Done. So NOW can I have my gold "supportive" star?

fhhdoftdz0kg.jpeg
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »

Nope

Nope...I do all the grocery shopping and cooking. I don't care what Mrs. ceo or my friends eat; they don't care what I eat.
    It can be very hard doing something that is actually good for you. Like exercise.

Different people have different struggles. Placing blame just makes you look like an *kitten*.

Agreed...which is why we suggested OP stop blaming everyone and everything else.

I gave one answer in my first post. Before I ate anything, I paused, and stopped to consider whether it would fit into my calorie and macro goals for the day. If it didn't I put it back.

will a happy face do? I couldn't find a STAR and was too lazy to make one myself.

supportive-award.jpg

Why won't you be supportive in my quest to collect gold stars??

*butthurt*

OK...not really TY :)

I'm too lazy. Actually, it's someone else's fault. I just haven't assigned the blame to anyone yet.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Nope

tumblr_mei017xLGW1rmwepjo1_400.png
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Look, the world is always going to be a target rich environment. Best to do as the one poster suggested, add it in to MFP before you eat it and then see if it fits your budget for the day. If you're expecting family and friends to avoid foods you can't have, good luck with that. The suggestion for moving all of the treats for the family in a specific cupboard is a good one. 9 times out of 10 if you don't see it you won't go after it.

The other thing about getting healthy is that you have to learn to manage rather than avoid things. Plan some of those treats into your day. The first time I lost weight, I allowed myself to have a package of Reeses Peanut Butter cups once a week, and I'd eat so I could enjoy them. Thank god they invented Reeses Mini's! (The one's that are about 1/2" in diameter) I can plan in about 3 of those every day and be satisfied :smile:
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Nope

fhhdoftdz0kg.jpeg
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Nope

I'm feeling a group hug coming on.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Nope

fhhdoftdz0kg.jpeg
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Nope

I'm feeling a group hug coming on.

one more for the custom win...
    od83350a6ulo.jpg
  • WKenL
    WKenL Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I see the issue. It is a lot more challenging when the tempting stuff is readily available. I have the advantage of being the buyer of groceries, so my wife gets treats that I don't really want.

I'd suggest having a heart-to-heart conversation about it. You're trying to make some changes and are struggling with self-control right now. Could we cut back on the sweets on-hand, at least for a while? At the same time, you are going to have to own some of that. It might be your wife's fault that there's a package of Oreos in the cupboard, but it is ultimately your choice whether to eat them.

A family talk about everyone eating healthier might be in order, or asking your family to help keep you accountable might help.

It's frustrating, I know, but it might just be a challenge you have to bear. And sorry for the dismissive comments. Let's be honest about it -- challenges with self-control are why most of us need to lose weight, so it really ought to be clear that it's not ideal.

Anyway, best wishes. If adding an MFP friend might help, feel free to count me in. I'll be s much help as I can.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Laura732 wrote: »
    Look, the world is always going to be a target rich environment. Best to do as the one poster suggested, add it in to MFP before you eat it and then see if it fits your budget for the day. If you're expecting family and friends to avoid foods you can't have, good luck with that. The suggestion for moving all of the treats for the family in a specific cupboard is a good one. 9 times out of 10 if you don't see it you won't go after it.

The other thing about getting healthy is that you have to learn to manage rather than avoid things. Plan some of those treats into your day. The first time I lost weight, I allowed myself to have a package of Reeses Peanut Butter cups once a week, and I'd eat so I could enjoy them. Thank god they invented Reeses Mini's! (The one's that are about 1/2" in diameter) I can plan in about 3 of those every day and be satisfied :smile:
    Along those lines, when I used to eat peanut butter cups, I'd inhale them. Yeah, they still tasted good, but they were gone in no time. Now, instead of being gone in two bites each -- or, let's be honest, going into my mouth whole -- I'll take several smaller bites. I eat fewer of them and less often, but I think I get more overall enjoyment out of them now than before.

• 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Exercise more, burn more calories, eat more treats!
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    it's hard having snacks like that in your home. I dont want to deprive my son from eating stuff like that occasionally so I will buy what he likes. you eventually learn not to eat it. I would keep other foods I did want to eat around so I had something to snack on instead of his snacks.

there is always going to be people around telling you its okay to eat this or that. the co-worker that brings donuts to work, the boyfriend that wants to order pizza, the friends who tell you this one time is okay. you have to want it enough to say no.

maybe talk to your wife and tell her what you are trying to accomplish and that its really hard for you right now if she could refrain from buying them until this becomes easier for you. I feel like people dont always understand how you feel or where you are coming from.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Nope

fhhdoftdz0kg.jpeg

LOL our posts passed each other in cyber space!

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    My mind is blown that this has come up when you only have 3 pounds left to lose, after having already lost 37, OP. I didn't check your profile so I assumed you were new to trying to lose weight. By this point you should have been practicing your "nope, not gonna eat it" skills for months. Are you burnt out or do you need to take a maintenance break? It's just really odd to me that you could be 93% to your goal and are still blaming others for your decision to eat something.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    If any of you had self control, then why are you even on MFP?

I like being optimal with my intake.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    My mind is blown that this has come up when you only have 3 pounds left to lose, after having already lost 37, OP. I didn't check your profile so I assumed you were new to trying to lose weight. By this point you should have been practicing your "nope, not gonna eat it" skills for months. Are you burnt out or do you need to take a maintenance break? It's just really odd to me that you could be 93% to your goal and are still blaming others for your decision to eat something.

Very good points...

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

She%27s_right_you_know_meme.jpg
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My husband will go to Sam's and buy the ginormous cakes, the next day, I pack it up and take it to work so the vultures will eat it. problem solved. after a while, he either needs to hide it or buy a single piece.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    And I envy those of you with spouses and significant others..I am chronically single and thus have no one to blame my eating habits on. It's allll my fault!

No pets? Neighbors? Fedex delivery drivers?
  • WinoGelato
    Options

And I envy those of you with spouses and significant others..I am chronically single and thus have no one to blame my eating habits on. It's allll my fault!

Just go with the old classic - latent issues from your childhood. It's a good catchall when there's no one else handy to blame.