I started drinking green tea in the AM and lost 4.5lbs in a week!!!

Options

Replies

• maryerline
    maryerline Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Lmaoooo. Im dead! Well played, madam, well played. Hope you don't mind if I borrow that response lol.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I drank my green tea while walking 3km to the train station after dropping my car in for a service. I'm going to attribute the calories burned to the magic drink, and not the 35 minute extra walk.

Wait...did you just say a 35 minute walk =4.5 lbs loss

Dude!

And people say tea drinking isn't exercise.
    whitney-splash.gif
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow, I have a feeling it won't be that impressive. I must not have drunk enough green tea to offset the pizza.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow, I have a feeling it won't be that impressive. I must not have drunk enough green tea to offset the pizza.

Quick! Chug chug chug chug chug!!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Next time, sprinkle green tea leaves on the pizza like oregano. Totally negates the calories.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Next time, sprinkle green tea leaves on the pizza like oregano. Totally negates the calories.

This is a fantastic idea. Question: If I don't have green tea, can I substitute cat nip? It's all I have.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    It's not purrfect, but it'll do.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Every time I have a McChicken after I've been to the gym after midnight, I'm 1lb+ lighter when I wake up. I'm gonna be the Jared of McChickens!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You guys are too witty for me. :D<3o:)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Every time I have a McChicken after I've been to the gym after midnight, I'm 1lb+ lighter when I wake up. I'm gonna be the Jared of McChickens!

McChickens + green tea = mega weight loss

taylor-1423753410.gif
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited June 2015
    Options

I guess it'll just have to do....for meow.
  • CaitlynnCarson
    CaitlynnCarson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great Post! Totally drew me in! Green tea does help your metabolism but its not a cure all. I enjoy green tea but the only reason it has helped me is because I cut out coffee wit sugar and creamer and just drink plain green tea instead. Gives me a bit of energy along with a nice hot drink and no sugar/calories/ or fat.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

I hope it doesn't turn catastrophic, though.
  • pumpkinpocalypse
    pumpkinpocalypse Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The only reason why you could possibly lose weight ''because'''''' of tea is because you drink it instead of let's say, snacking on crackers. The body sometimes mistake thirst with hunger and sends you the same signals for both. So you feel satiated for longer by drinking enough water. That's it.
    I love tea, especially green tea. I can drink up to 3 cups everyday when it's chilly out, even though now that summertime came around i don't drink much anymore, except maybe homemade iced tea (when i have the patience haha) and matcha. God, i love matcha. It might be warm but i only make cute little cups of it instead of huge mugs so it's a perfect replacement to coffee...which, when i used to drink a lot of it every morning, would give me terrible tummy aches. I have a super sensitive digestion.
    So yup. Drink tea because you like it, not to lose weight. Actually, you should do everything you do because you enjoy it, if it has benefits for your weight loss and health then it's amazng! That's how you obtain a working, long term routine, because you do it naturally since it doesn't feel like a chore.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

You're right - the thought of a catastrophe gives me paws.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

Litterally!

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Litterally!

:lol:

I am all out of cat puns. I haven't been properly groomed for this type of situation.
  • snickerscharlie
    Options

Litterally!

I am all out of cat puns. I haven't been properly groomed for this type of situation.

But we've just scratched the surface!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

Litterally!

But we've just scratched the surface!

You two need stop all this tomfoolery. We were but a whisker away from figuring out the magical combination of green tea cookies and McChickens that will lead to maximum weight loss. Let's try to shed more light on the subject, shall we?