So I see this guy jogging on the street at 1:30 AM

Options

Replies

• blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I must admit I've done that a couple of time - sometimes there is just no other time (or more typically, I don't trust myself to wake up in the morning!)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I used to go to Hawaii quite a bit and because of the time change was always up at 4 A.M. Nothing opens at all in Hawaii until 8 A.M. or 9 A.M. so I would go for a run. It was so dark you could not see your hand in front of your face.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I work nights. On my night off, it's not uncommon for me to go run at 2 am or go to the tennis court and get in a round of insanity. When you're on nights, you do what you can when you can.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I sometimes workout around 1:00-2:30am

Me too... Workout when you can!

Me too. Not crazy at all, unless it's dangerous where you live.

Now, Why where YOU out at 1:30 AM? haha.
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started walking at ridiculously late hours when I used to suffer from severe anxiety. Having too many people around freaked me out but I could wrap myself in a cloak of stars and leave the house at the night. I felt safe because I could hear people coming before I saw them, and because the rare people you see tend to keep to themselves at night. I guess they have anxiety problems too, or they assume anyone else out so early / late must be shady or crazy.

I grew to love walking my dog around 2am in summer. Even after I overcame my anxiety, I still love late night walks. Especially after a hot, sticky day with crowded streets full of people and noise. It's good to relax in solitude, to breathe the relatively cool night air. It's so much more peaceful at night.

Where I live, you can get the peace and quiet effect most weeknights just by going out after 7pm. I swear sometimes it's like everyone rushes home to watch Eastenders and then they never come back outside again. But at night, when it's seriously late, it's special. It can be so quiet you can hear the ocean from just about anywhere in town. Get away from the street lights and look up. The night sky will take your breath away. Go and jog. The leaves in the trees are playing a symphony, and your heart and feet are providing the beat.

It's not for everyone, (thankfully!) but it makes perfect sense to me.
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    It's a nice time to run, honestly.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When I used to live in AZ, if you didn't run/jog/walk/bike at that time of morning, you'd die of a heat stroke doing it during the day this time of year.
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    was he wearing gloves and a mask and holding a TV over his head?

I bet that would help him get a great burn.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I would love to run at that time of night.

I'd be afraid of getting jumped or harassed since I'm female :( I live in a busy city area and would have to run along the river where anybody can hide. So annoying!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. Sometimes I work late and it is the only time I can do it. Also it is getting hotter now so it prolly is safer to run when the sun isn't out.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Good for him!
    I, personally, try to avoid early morning running. My years of criminal TV watching experience has taught me that morning runners find all the dead bodies.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    was he wearing gloves and a mask and holding a TV over his head?

LMAO!!! :laugh:
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It's bloody hot here in FL in the daytime, and with all the hotels, restaurants and theme parks/attractions open till the wee hours, people get out when they can. You'd be the oddball here for questioning it. 9 to 5 is the exception here.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's bloody hot here in FL in the daytime, and with all the hotels, restaurants and theme parks/attractions open till the wee hours, people get out when they can. You'd be the oddball here for questioning it. 9 to 5 is the exception here.
    You must be in the Orlando area. :-)

I'm in Tally. I actually usually go after work at 3:30, but you have to really be used to it to do that. Weekends, I go in the morning.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    You must be in the Orlando area. :-)

I'm in Tally. I actually usually go after work at 3:30, but you have to really be used to it to do that. Weekends, I go in the morning.
    Nailed it!
  • Rinylee
    Rinylee Posts: 16
    Options
    I think it's great to workout whenever you have the free time. :smile:
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I take my walks between 1-3 am. I don't have to worry about traffic and no sun to burn the hell out of me. It helps me sleep too.
  • angryjake
    angryjake Posts: 39
    Options
    Come to Arizona. If I see that same guy running before 10PM, I think he's crazy.

(Just got home from a run at midnight)
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Jet lag had me biking today at 3:30am................
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt be able to do that where i live.

They switch all the street lights off unless its a main road. Running in total darkness wouldnt be ideal. Haha