My First Clean Bulk: looking for opinions/tips

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    BradW99 wrote: »
    cc's? Aw. Are you saying I have breast implants? Cute. If you are however trying to accuse me of steroid use, I also compete in the AAPL. That's a nationally recognized drug tested powerlifting federation where I ask hold the national squat, bench, and total record for 181. Tootin my own horn a bit. Ha ha toot toot. Glad to see you know so much though.

AAPL? Is that a US based one?

I assumed he was a PC.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    cc's? Aw. Are you saying I have breast implants? Cute. If you are however trying to accuse me of steroid use, I also compete in the AAPL. That's a nationally recognized drug tested powerlifting federation where I ask hold the national squat, bench, and total record for 181. Tootin my own horn a bit. Ha ha toot toot. Glad to see you know so much though.

AAPL? Sara and I hold powerlifting records as well.
  • usmcmp
    Options

I was wondering the same. I've competed in the AAPF in the US, but hadn't heard of the AAPL.
  • BradW99
    BradW99 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @usmcmp that's awesome. All joking aside, ton of respect for other powerlifters. Especially the good ones.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Googled it, AAPL, only thing that came up was All About Power Lifting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

I was wondering the same. I've competed in the AAPF in the US, but hadn't heard of the AAPL.

I have not either. I cannot find it on powerliftwatch either - just AAP - but no meets are coming up under that. The reason I was looking was the drug tested claim. Unless its USAPL, most do not test even if they say they are tested - I know APA does not and that's 'drug tested'.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    @usmcmp that's awesome. All joking aside, ton of respect for other powerlifters. Especially the good ones.

I don't see a Brad for the 82.5kg class for raw or equipped in full power. Not trying to call your bluff, I was curious since I hold an AAPF and an AWPC record in raw deadlift only.

http://worldpowerliftingcongress.com/wp-content/uploads/records/AAPF_RAW_FullPower.pdf
  • BradW99
    Options
    There was originally a typo, it's AAPF, no L. But AAPF is APF just drug tested. It's an American federation.
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited June 2015
    Options

I don't see a Brad for the 82.5kg class for raw or equipped in full power. Not trying to call your bluff, I was curious since I hold an AAPF and an AWPC record in raw deadlift only.

http://worldpowerliftingcongress.com/wp-content/uploads/records/AAPF_RAW_FullPower.pdf

How stringent are the drug tests in that fed? As in, do they actually do them?

Actually, another question (out of pure curiosity) - AAPF is not coming up on powerliftingwatch.com - is it possibly under another acronym or does it just not get listed there. I thought powerliftingwatch was pretty inclusive, but sometimes cannot see meets there that I know are going on - just thought it was a timing issue though
  • usmcmp
    Options

How stringent are the drug tests in that fed?

At our meet we had 50 women and they picked two I believe. It's a ratio and if the field is smaller than a certain number of competitors they don't test. It's a urine test after lifting and before the awards.
  • BradW99
    Options
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight...

5'9"
    9.4 BF?

So that gives a LBM of 159 lbs and a FFMI of 23.6.

And this is a first bulk??? Someone please correct my math if I am wrong but WOW.. just wow!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

At our meet we had 50 women and they picked two I believe. It's a ratio and if the field is smaller than a certain number of competitors they don't test. It's a urine test after lifting and before the awards.

Thanks - I am not familiar with all 'drug tested' feds - and as you know, many do not bother testing. USAPL are pee tests in the same time frame - I think they picked more than 2 women at my last meet, but could be wrong, and if so, not a lot more (good female showing there also) - I was one that was picked (first time for me)...I felt like a proper athlete lol.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Thanks - I am not familiar with all 'drug tested' feds - and as you know, many do not bother testing. USAPL are pee tests in the same time frame - I think they picked more than 2 women at my last meet, but could be wrong, and if so, not a lot more (good female showing there also) - I was one that was picked (first time for me)...I felt like a proper athlete lol.

I get a polygraph when I compete in natural bodybuilding shows (along with the random urine test between pre-judging and awards), so just the random urine test didn't seem adequate for me in powerlifting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited June 2015
    Options
    7vq9jqu9a9xi.jpg

They never give out certificates in the federations I compete in - I am kinda pouty about it - I get a shiny medal in USAPL though - or a freaking horrible statue thing from the APA.

For anyone checking - the squat, bench and total was last set in February of this year - so you would not see his name on the records currently.

That being said - throwing out appeals to authority (you own one at that), insulting someone's physique and now doing a not so humble and random brag is very tacky...very tacky indeed.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    cc's? Aw. Are you saying I have breast implants? Cute. If you are however trying to accuse me of steroid use, I also compete in the AAPF. That's a nationally recognized drug tested powerlifting federation where I ask hold the national squat, bench, and total record for 181. Tootin my own horn a bit. Ha ha toot toot. Glad to see you know so much though.

Don't really care if you are or not tbh. I was just trading blow for blow since you felt the need to pull the look at my body and my credentials card.

I also don't see you nationally ranked?

• Sarauk2sf
    Options

I get a polygraph when I compete in natural bodybuilding shows (along with the random urine test between pre-judging and awards), so just the random urine test didn't seem adequate for me in powerlifting.

Yeah - I wish they could tighten it up. I do not care if someone is on gear - I just do not want to compete in a drug tested meet with them.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    7vq9jqu9a9xi.jpg

They never give out certificates in the federations I compete in - I am kinda pouty about it - I get a shiny medal in USAPL though - or a freaking horrible statue thing from the APA.

For anyone checking - the squat, bench and total was last set in February of this year - so you would not see his name on the records currently.

We get them in the AAPF and AWPC.
    44ee8a33-4493-4df2-93e5-ac1965e8da91_zps84b58a3b.jpg
    e852b155-70bd-4559-8ca8-434f8782ca7e_zps3b84af0a.jpg
  • Sheblak10
    Sheblak10 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Drop protein and increase carbs/fat. Unnecessary to have protein that high when you can be reap the benefits of a better fueled workout and recovery from carbs or fats

thanks for the advice, majority are giving me the same advice so I'm going to give it a try and see how my body responds.