Yes, this is GROSS but can POO SWAPPING become an answer to our ''fat battle prayers''???

Options
124»

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Also these:

SF-LOB!2015-213_d.jpg

zombie_poop_candy_1.jpg
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How did I not know about this? Goodbye healthy diet and exercise. Hello poop swapping.

We should start a group where people can find their poop swap partner.

a14d14406673f1de_Ew.gif
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    zpq1v9ioy5b0.jpg

I don't want anyone's poop anywhere near me, nor will I be offering up my poop to anyone else.

Oh, I will. If anyone wants my poop, it's yours for the low, low price of 9.99, plus shipping. Free local delivery!

I think there are already businesses where you can have poop delivered to people's doors...except it's cow poop, and you usually do it to someone you don't like.

I PAY for cow poop.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    GIF-abandon-thread-avoid-do-not-want-no-nope-Nopetopus-octopus-run-away-GIF.gif

tumblr_mt7z97zJYo1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

I don't even think that sums up how much hell no I have for this.

nope_doctor_who.gif

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    Have any of you seen the movie called 'The Human Centipede'? I was never the same again. Have PTSD.

qy9rkgb2hxmt.gif

• Mof3wc
    Mof3wc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    rhtexasgal wrote: »
    As someone who has ulcerative colitis, fecal transplant was at the end of a list of treatments for me should I ever needed it. Luckily, I got my gut under control and have been in remission, for the most part, for 5 years. I take heavy doses of probiotics and eat fermented pickles now daily for the good bacteria so I don't ever go through that hell I went through during a UC flare.

For those that "poo poo" this idea (ha ha), you would greatly consider it if you slept in the bathroom because your gut was in such turmoil. I remember dropping 25 pounds in 2 weeks because of UC and trust me, that is not the weight loss tool you want to follow. As for poo swapping for weight loss? I think it would be stupid. You can repopulate your gut with good bacteria with probiotics, fermented foods and a good, clean eating plan (no processed crap to feed the bad bacteria). No need to resort to using someone else's fecal matter (gross!).

YES!!! I have Crohn's disease, luckily in remission. Fecal transplants are a huge breakthrough for those who are out of other treatment options.

For other uses, like weight loss? Nonsense.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that all of you know people who seem to be eating a lot but stay skinny and vice versa - the others ( like myself) keep absorbing fat from air :)))
    Actually, no, I've never seen a case where any of these people turn out to actually eat as much as people think they do.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that all of you know people who seem to be eating a lot but stay skinny and vice versa - the others ( like myself) keep absorbing fat from air :)))
    Actually, no, I've never seen a case where any of these people turn out to actually eat as much as people think they do.

+1

Or they're a whole lot more active. There's usually a good CICO reason why they're thin.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Omg. No. All of the no.

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    1jypumjdh8t6.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Aside from the obvious EW HELL NO THANK YOU, I had one other random thought occur to me as I read the posts in this thread... if you have actual gut fauna? You've got more problems than a poop transplant could solve.

(not meaning to pick on the other user, I just have a weird sense of humor and the visual struck me funny)

WHY AM I POOPING RACCONS AND DEER?

IS THAT A SQUIRREL?

Make them cartoon characters for extra lols.

I tried to find a relevant picture/gif to insert here, but all I found was this:

SQPOOP_2.jpg

WTF??????? Oh internet, never change.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

There was a British documentary that went into that and basically it turned out as what you said. That the skinnier person wasn't eating as much as was assumed and vice versa for the heavier person that was featured.
  • milleloo67
    milleloo67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    I think its something to do with the flora and fauna of the digestive system that's why the twins are so distinct if I'm not wrong. The poo swapping idea seems extremely disgusting to most but then again if you think about it we ingest far worse things - the prawns we eat have their digestive sacs still attached with naturally, their poo, and we eat that. When we eat soft shell crab, anchovies, or use fermented sauces made from things like fish, we are ingesting their poo and innards and everything all ground up and rotted. We eat plenty of insects and rodents from the factory processes that allow for a percentage of these things to fall into our foods and drinks in factories because the industry is very practical about 'accidents' - you can't throw away millions of dollars of stock just because a cockroach fell into your soda vat and dissolved into the mixture, which you drink. We ingest mouldy cheese, many with insects having crawled around it no matter how 'hygenic, none of which we can vouch for anyway so we eat away in bliss.

So I guess its about perspective.

Well that helped clear up any cravings I may have for man made food for about the next ten years.

But going back to OP's post, I think that people wondering about gut flora and weight loss would be better served by counting calories and taking a probiotic. You know so we can skip the whole poo swap thing. Just my opinion though.