209 to 153 in 17 months w/pics

Options
super_J73
super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
I got pregnant with my son in 1998, he was born early 1999. I gained 60 pounds and lost maybe 10 of it, over the next few years I got lost about 20. In 2006 my daughter was born, I gained 40 pounds with her. When I was 9 months pregnant I was 215 pounds.
My daughter was born with a birth defect that effected the way her skull was growing. The stress of knowing my baby had to have a major surgery to fix it when she was 10 months old was so overwhelming. I ate my way through it, over the over the next couple of years I knew she was not healing properly, then I found out she needed a second surgery when she was 4 years old. I was devestated and again, I turned to food to deal with it.
She finally healed and everything was perfect with her. I decided I needed to change my life. I was 209 pounds and depressed. I had no life, I was ashamed about letting myself go. I was always the skinny one in high school and in my early 20's. I lost some friends from shutting myself off from the world. My life was all about my children and not about me at all.

On January 18 2012 I was on facebook, someone had mentioned MFP, so I googled and found it. I was excited because I had no clue how to get started with my life change. I started off with walking everyday. I weighed all my food, started making better choices. The weight started coming off. I was so excited. I started brisk walking and a little bit of jogging. In September I decided to join a gym. I started weights, less cardio. I go to the gym 3 times a week, I try to do something active everyday, even if it's just going for a walk.

My goal weight is 150. I'm at 153 today. I'm 5'6" I went from a size 20 jeans to size 8. I bought my first pair of skinny jeans in April. I cried in the change room, I never thought I would be able to fit in skinny jeans.
I'm a pear shape, I have curves. I will never be the size I was in high school, but honestly I don't want to be. I love my curves. :smile:

I'm 39 years old, I feel more alive now than I did when I was 29. I'm happy and losing this weight has changed my life.
I've had a rocky relationship with MFP over the past 17 months, but if you stick to it, it works. I have met friends for life on here, and I couldn't have done it without their support, especially my girls Kim and Allie :heart:

So here are the scary "Before" Pictures, hope I do this right!

fat_zpsbdbcf28d.jpg

7016_281571625293_7254533_n_zps8f074e91.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

Now:

CAM09954_zps7da7bdd2.jpg

CAM00055-1_zps2747b1f7.jpg

002-5.jpg

Thanks for reading my success story, and if you want to add me as a friend, please feel free :drinker:

Replies

• carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    wonderfull story and congrats on your commitment and efforts you rock!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great.
  • sevlaadnil
    Options
    Wow that is a great success story and I hope I will be on here with my own one day soon. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • midwestdawn
    midwestdawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How incredibly inspiring! What a great example for your kids. Well done!
  • ines1961
    ines1961 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just read your success story. I think that it is wonderful how you changed your life. These are the types of stories that give inspiration and hope to all. Thank you for sharing. You ROCK!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Thank you for sharing
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    wow congrats on your success so far, you do look great!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fantastic-your kids will be the better with a happy and healthy mom. Enjoy and maintain!..............:flowerforyou:
  • AfricaLatina
    AfricaLatina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    ~Wow! teeny waist well done you :)
  • catydabo
    catydabo Posts: 8
    Options
    You have done an awesome job!! You look amazing! :)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous, great story!
  • pbblacknsexy
    pbblacknsexy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look great...nice dedication
  • tdotgirl
    tdotgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! you look awesome, I too started at 209 and I'm down 30lbs since Jan/13........what a tiny waste, keep doing what your doing!
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Such an inspiration :)
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Amazing. Highly inspirational. Congratulations, you look great
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Great story!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thats is the way to kick off my day, stories like yours are what help push me along, congrats on your dedication and hard work, and thanks for sharing
  • mlove351
    mlove351 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    what an inspiring story...your story motivates me to keep focused on my weight loss goals... thank you for sharing.. and you look amazing :)
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    great positive story. WTG! And thank you for posting it!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Great work Janet so proud of you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!