Great work girl! You're beautiful.
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    You look great!
  • GetFitNicky
    GetFitNicky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I was browsing the success stories to find some inspiration and yours stands out for the honesty, emotion, and well-earned pride. You look amazing, more important are healthier for you and your family. Congratulations!
  • HannahPeaa
    HannahPeaa Posts: 13
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing! Well done :)
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I was browsing the success stories to find some inspiration and yours stands out for the honesty, emotion, and well-earned pride. You look amazing, more important are healthier for you and your family. Congratulations!

Wow, thanks so much, you made my day :smile:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    Wow, you looking amazing and your story is so inspiring. These success stories are so motivating to me. They definitely keep me going and how great to start today with your story. And what a beautiful little girl:smile::flowerforyou:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, good for you!:flowerforyou:
  • pmermakov
    pmermakov Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I especially like reading stories from mothers my age. You look 10 years younger after losing the weight. Congratulations!

I got pregnant with my son in 1998, he was born early 1999. I gained 60 pounds and lost maybe 10 of it, over the next few years I got lost about 20. In 2006 my daughter was born, I gained 40 pounds with her. When I was 9 months pregnant I was 215 pounds.
    My daughter was born with a birth defect that effected the way her skull was growing. The stress of knowing my baby had to have a major surgery to fix it when she was 10 months old was so overwhelming. I ate my way through it, over the over the next couple of years I knew she was not healing properly, then I found out she needed a second surgery when she was 4 years old. I was devestated and again, I turned to food to deal with it.
    She finally healed and everything was perfect with her. I decided I needed to change my life. I was 209 pounds and depressed. I had no life, I was ashamed about letting myself go. I was always the skinny one in high school and in my early 20's. I lost some friends from shutting myself off from the world. My life was all about my children and not about me at all.

On January 18 2012 I was on facebook, someone had mentioned MFP, so I googled and found it. I was excited because I had no clue how to get started with my life change. I started off with walking everyday. I weighed all my food, started making better choices. The weight started coming off. I was so excited. I started brisk walking and a little bit of jogging. In September I decided to join a gym. I started weights, less cardio. I go to the gym 3 times a week, I try to do something active everyday, even if it's just going for a walk.

My goal weight is 150. I'm at 153 today. I'm 5'6" I went from a size 20 jeans to size 8. I bought my first pair of skinny jeans in April. I cried in the change room, I never thought I would be able to fit in skinny jeans.
    I'm a pear shape, I have curves. I will never be the size I was in high school, but honestly I don't want to be. I love my curves. :smile:

I'm 39 years old, I feel more alive now than I did when I was 29. I'm happy and losing this weight has changed my life.
    I've had a rocky relationship with MFP over the past 17 months, but if you stick to it, it works. I have met friends for life on here, and I couldn't have done it without their support, especially my girls Kim and Allie :heart:

So here are the scary "Before" Pictures, hope I do this right!

fat_zpsbdbcf28d.jpg

7016_281571625293_7254533_n_zps8f074e91.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

Now:

CAM09954_zps7da7bdd2.jpg

CAM00055-1_zps2747b1f7.jpg

002-5.jpg

Thanks for reading my success story, and if you want to add me as a friend, please feel free :drinker:
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You look and looked fabulous! Way to go!
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! You look just wonderful!
  • jennywenny11
    Options
    Well done!! You look gorgeous for 39!!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    :heart:

gorgeous girl!
  • CrazyDaisyMom
    CrazyDaisyMom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look great!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing!!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am loving your positive attitude....congrats on all your hard work & for sticking with it!
    you look amazing!!!! your daughter is a cutey ;)
  • mojojelo
    mojojelo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing your story, you look terrific and sound very happy.
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I am 40 yrs old and need to lose about that much weight. So, if you don't mind, I am going to add you as a friend. I need some inspiration from someone who has been there. I have 2 kids too, mine are 11 and 16. Lost 23 lbs so far, 9 since joining MFP.
    You are an inspiration to me!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look GREAT!!! :drinker:
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!!! Congrats!
  • tallulafeeney
    Options
    Congratulations and Thank You! It really helps to hear stories like yours. We all share a bumpy and long road.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!