Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    its yummy
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Why would it be bad? It does have calories, so you have to be aware of how much you use, but that's no different than any other condiment. Weigh it like any other ingredient, easiest way is to put your dish on the scale, tare it, and add the ketchup so you know how many grams are used.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Log it in your calories, as long as you can still hit your daily goal, it's not bad for you.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I like it with meatloaf and hamburgers. Hate it on hot dogs. On eggs is good, but I prefer hot sauce on my eggs and ketchup on my hashbrowns.

I log ketchup. I don't think it's bad for you, it's just easy to drop 50 calories on ketchup.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Doesn't belong on hamburgers. Inferior to salsa on eggs. Not bad with fries.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Reasonably low calorie, seems fine. You can make your own if you want--I know someone who does because he always has too many tomatoes from his garden. I find it interesting that tomato ketchup has basically taken over the market when traditionally ketchup could be made from many other ingredients: http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/ketchup-a-saucy-history.

I don't like it, though.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Over eggs is my favorite place for ketchup - hashbrowns and chicken sandwiches too. But yeah, although it's nowhere near mayonnaise in terms of calorie count, it's still worth measuring out. I bet I could add 100 calories to an omlette if I wasn't careful.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just try and buy as natural as possible so it's not made with HFCS or lots of sugar. I love it with potatoes!
  • auddii
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Reasonably low calorie, seems fine. You can make your own if you want--I know someone who does because he always has too many tomatoes from his garden. I find it interesting that tomato ketchup has basically taken over the market when traditionally ketchup could be made from many other ingredients: http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/ketchup-a-saucy-history.

I don't like it, though.

My boyfriend keeps complaining that he can't find banana ketchup anywhere; it just occurred to me this morning that I could just make it...
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Good stuff.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Meh. I can take it or leave it.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    A pitiful waste of perfectly good tomatoes.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love ketchup on my eggs.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love ketchup on my eggs.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I like hot sauce on my eggs. Never used to, but suddenly developed a taste for hot/spicy food this year.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I just hate buying ketchup because I use it so infrequently that it just ends up going to waste.

Salsa on the other hand I use a lot. I was skeptical about the current brand I'm using because it comes from Texas, but it turned out to be pretty good.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Ketchup is a gift from the gods... LOL!! My friend once told me at Mcdonald's, "You should have ordered ketchup with a side of food." :smiley: Yep, I could eat a whole lot of it... but I don't anymore. Well, not that glorious amount anymore. Sometimes I log it, sometimes I don't.

:yum:

giphy.gif
  • auddii
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I just hate buying ketchup because I use it so infrequently that it just ends up going to waste.

Salsa on the other hand I use a lot. I was skeptical about the current brand I'm using because it comes from Texas, but it turned out to be pretty good.
    Does ketchup go bad? I always assumed it was like twinkies...

And seriously, what's with all the Texas hate today? Why would a state that borders Mexico not have good salsa?! Would you rather your salsa from Canada?
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Love it!
    I also use it to cook with all the time.
    Tip: If you want to get rid of that sharp, raw taste Tomatoes have when you make Bolognese Sauce/Spaghetti sauce....add a couple of Tablespoons of Ketchup.