Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• CarrC83
    CarrC83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bro, we all hate that
  • blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I hate when ppl talk to me when I'm working my inner thighs! Do they realize I do not want to make any eye contact on that machine.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    My gym has 6 squat racks -- often they are all in use, which is fine if everyone is actively working out, but you will see a group of about 3-4 guys with a few women all standing around a rack talking instead of working out and if you say anything they will tell you they are using it and management will not help -- unfortunately most other gyms around have less squat racks and expect you to wait in line to use one.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Some of you come across as v angry peeps.
  • CarrC83
    CarrC83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yeah there's difference between training and working out. Personally, I am trying to train my body and people who just workout sometimes get in the way..That sounds awful but I'm sure more relate than not
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it but it's interesting when people run on a treadmill when it's a gorgeous day. Actually...any day where it's somewhat warm and not pouring rain.

Well, to quell your curiosity:

I run on the treadmill regularly, as well as outside. The treadmill is what I use for speed work, since I can specifically set speeds, and to build up pacing ability at the new higher speeds.

Also, it enables me to make sure I can up my distances, without getting caught half way out on the track, with no more energy left to get back to start.

Also, treadmill running helps me to improve form, so when I run on harder surfaces, I'm not destroying my knees, or my arches.
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I hate it when guys slam the weights down. come on. work that resistance to bring it down slowly. also, when the gym is really crowded, the weight area hoggers aren't very nice. I've actually been told to get out of their way, I was here first. so what if I have little 8 pounders in my hand.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Simple: When they "grunt" so loud it distracts you from your own rep count.
  • mrswattsfresh
    mrswattsfresh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it but it's interesting when people run on a treadmill when it's a gorgeous day. Actually...any day where it's somewhat warm and not pouring rain.

Well, to quell your curiosity:

I run on the treadmill regularly, as well as outside. The treadmill is what I use for speed work, since I can specifically set speeds, and to build up pacing ability at the new higher speeds.

Also, it enables me to make sure I can up my distances, without getting caught half way out on the track, with no more energy left to get back to start.

Also, treadmill running helps me to improve form, so when I run on harder surfaces, I'm not destroying my knees, or my arches.

Simpler reason here: I have extremely sensitive skin, and even with high SPF sunscreen I burn very badly and quickly outside.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Bunch of bitching in here. Work out at home...

Will I get a warning, even if the filter is broken? That's clearly not my fault.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Bunch of bitching *kitten* mother *kitten* in here. Work out at home...

Will I get a warning, even if the filter is broken? That's clearly not my fault.

LOL That I can agree with.

• marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    When people say, "Hey did anyone ever tell you, you look like a Kardashian?" I'm thinking, are you trying to insult me? I didn't pay for my face. lol
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when people wipe the sweat off with their hands and then not bother cleaning off the machine when done. That's just gross.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    Someone going between 2 weight stations and then telling you "I'm using that" then go to another station. Yeah...NO!

That doesn't work with me and I just take over. It's not YOUR gym. HAHAHA
  • mistym3193
    mistym3193 Posts: 7,641 Member
    Options
    People who don't clean the equipment when they are finished!! I also hate it when people just sit on the equipment and watch TV.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Meh, people act ok at my gym for the most part.

I don't like it when it's too crowded at my gym, which is a lot. You know it's too crowded when dudes are using Steps with risers as a bench and their buddies are standing over them as the weight rack.
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I hate being stared at. Hate it. I constantly use resting b**** face on purpose.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    People who make rude comments or talk behind my back when I am posing and taking selfies in front of the mirror.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Dudes that exercise right next to the damn dumbbell rack! Whyyyyyyyy????? there's so much space on the gym floor. Don't get it!