Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The guy that is about 60 years old, wears a wife beater and a ball cap backwards and hisses when he lifts anything heavier than his water bottle while staring at me.
    They are usually adorable. LOL They usually wear white socks up to their knees with long shorts below their knees.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Wearing perfume/cologne is the absolute worst. I will never understand why people douse themselves. It's so disgusting and awful.

Also the ladies who stroll n talk on the treadmills. We live in Southern California, girls. It hasn't rained in 14 years. WALK OUTSIDE.
  • saramichelle89
    saramichelle89 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    2 things I hate..

When someone is using the weight machines that you want to use but they stop between sets and sit on their cell phone. Like, you don't actually mean to take a 2 minute break do you?? UGH!

& When a guy purposely walks by you while you are using the machines to use the water fountain when there are many other routes CLOSER he could have taken. & he does this repeatedly, after each lift- about 10 times in 20 minutes. Haha.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    2 things I hate..

When someone is using the weight machines that you want to use but they stop between sets and sit on their cell phone. Like, you don't actually mean to take a 2 minute break do you?? UGH!

& When a guy purposely walks by you while you are using the machines to use the water fountain when there are many other routes CLOSER he could have taken. & he does this repeatedly, after each lift- about 10 times in 20 minutes. Haha.

Sounds like you keep up with him just as much as he keeps up with you. I don't see the problem.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It's been posted already but I'll echo it again. The power rack / squat rack is not for resting your 60-90lb curl bar. If you can curl it you can pick it up off the ground. I guess it one thing if the gym is empty..
    Also, I do think it is very rude to leer and eyeball women in the gym but ladies when you're fit and you're in your Lycra workout clothes, you're going to get a few looks. If you don't want the attention wear baggie tanks and basketball shorts.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    kpfry67 wrote: »
    It's been posted already but I'll echo it again. The power rack / squat rack is not for resting your 60-90lb curl bar. I guess it one thing if the gym is empty..
    Also, I do think it is very rude to leer and eyeball women in the gym but ladies when you're fit and you're in your Lycra workout clothes, you're going to get a few looks. If you don't want the attention wear baggie tanks and basketball shorts.

A woman should change what she wears to keep from being molested by somebody's eyes?
  • emeshuris
    emeshuris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah cologne is nasty and dudes staring must get old quick. I get in the zone and have caught myself just staring at a girls *kitten*, didn't mean to, felt a bit bad (I mean for the girl...). But most of everything else is lame. Dropping weights doesn't bother me, I don't but if I had to, they would get dropped. How about curling, abs exercises, or pull ups in the squat rack? How about hammer curls or rows right off the dumbbell rack? How about finding weights next to the cardio machine? How about people doing super sets and hanging towels on the machines they don't want to use? How about people taking off their clothes for the shower and just leaving them on the floor?
  • GibsonSG_67
    Options
    Did I say that? Selective reading Incognito.
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Incognito....yeah @_incogNEATo_
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    It's been posted already but I'll echo it again. The power rack / squat rack is not for resting your 60-90lb curl bar. If you can curl it you can pick it up off the ground. I guess it one thing if the gym is empty..

• asappoeun
    asappoeun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i cant hate on anyone who takes time out of their day to get a workout in
  • GibsonSG_67
    Options
    Incognito, why didn't you highlight the part where I said " I think it's rude to leer or eyeball" but the fact is SOME people are going to. Not everyone is as thoughtful as you or I
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I'll be the first to openly admit that I enjoy a lady that nicely fills out some yoga pants (yes I sneak a peek), but I ABHOR guys that leer and make comments to other guys about a good looking woman trying to get her workout in. Not cool fellas, no problem in admiring, but damn be discreet about it.

I wear sunglasses in my gym.

That probably bothers somebody in here though...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working out in my building's gym, where it seems as if no one has ever heard of etiquette (and safety). Twice in the past week people have stepped over me to get to the water cooler or to put their mat away. And this has happened while I was lying on a mat, working with two 15 lb weights in my hands

It's a very small gym and I'm more or less in the middle of the room, but in both cases, alternative actions, movements were possible, as opposed to endangering both of us.
  • cdlee10
    cdlee10 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    the fact that they are NOT doing crossfit
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

You should probably run. this comment will not end well for you...
  • Dr_Matt
    Dr_Matt Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    :| Neck day :|

Please learn how to workout!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'll be the first to openly admit that I enjoy a lady that nicely fills out some yoga pants (yes I sneak a peek), but I ABHOR guys that leer and make comments to other guys about a good looking woman trying to get her workout in. Not cool fellas, no problem in admiring, but damn be discreet about it.

Discreet is good. We would all be lying if we said we did not look or take notice when someone is fit and looks good (man or woman). However you nor any decent human would not and SHOULD NOT say "if you don't want the attention wear baggie tanks and basketball shorts" No, just no!! Ugh!

ETA there is a man at my gym that does not understand discreet. He takes things to a level of lip licking every time a woman walks past him (any woman, fit, not fit, loose clothing, tight clothing it really does not matter with this jack hole). It is quite ridiculous. This is about the only thing that really irks me at my gym, and yes I have called him out on it but he has no shame in his creepy game apparently.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Discreet is good. We would all be lying if we said we did not look or take notice when someone is fit and looks good (man or woman). However you nor any decent human would not and SHOULD NOT say "if you don't want the attention wear baggie tanks and basketball shorts" No, just no!! Ugh!

Sounds like blaming the victim to me. That is not good at all.
  • CarrC83
    CarrC83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lol, I like that being discreet somehow makes it any better. The gym, the street wherever, Women are beautiful creatures and should be respected. I won't lie and say no female has ever caused me to pause during a set but that's not her fault anymore than its mine. I can appreciate her without being demeaning or creepy about it.