Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I'll be the first to openly admit that I enjoy a lady that nicely fills out some yoga pants (yes I sneak a peek), but I ABHOR guys that leer and make comments to other guys about a good looking woman trying to get her workout in. Not cool fellas, no problem in admiring, but damn be discreet about it.

I wear sunglasses in my gym.

That probably bothers somebody in here though...

I'm sure no one will complain. Try and cover up as much of that face as possible.

Right, because I hate it when people stare and wink at me in the gym. I hate it so much!! I hate everything everybody else does in the gym.
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When guys go in to the gym to chat it up with their friends.

When girls go there with a mac store on their face in hopes that the guys will notice them.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Old men that come to the gym to specifically hit on the younger gals. :s
    People that slam/throw down free weights

I like you because we hate all the same people.

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    There are several people who come to the gym in pairs and end up doing a circuit and switch off... so one person is lifting and the other is watching (NOT SPOTTING) and they have 3 extra sets of free weights by them. If you're going to use 4 different sets of weights, both work and both alternate. When I come up and ask, "Can I use these?" and you say no... guess who's the b!+ch. YOU.

I also can't stand people who do like 8 sets of something even though they know you are waiting for the equipment or piece. The other day, this guy was using our ONE rope (2 went missing) and I asked if he was almost done, he said yes. He had already done 4 complete sets and continued to do 3 or 4 more. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THERE'S ONE EFFING ROPE AND YOU NEED TO DO EIGHT SETS?? Selfish.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options

Discreet is good. We would all be lying if we said we did not look or take notice when someone is fit and looks good (man or woman). However you nor any decent human would not and SHOULD NOT say "if you don't want the attention wear baggie tanks and basketball shorts" No, just no!! Ugh!

Jeeeezus now I'm not a decent person because one sentence? Lighten up a tad branflakes
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    When guys go in to the gym to chat it up with their friends.

When girls go there with a mac store on their face in hopes that the guys will notice them.

Guys shouldn't have buddies at the gym to talk to while working out?

I don't even know what the second one means but what's wrong with trying to get noticed in the gym? What places are more acceptable in your opinion to possibly meet somebody?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    People that slam/throw down free weights

So annoying.

• _incogNEATo_
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    There are several people who come to the gym in pairs and end up doing a circuit and switch off... so one person is lifting and the other is watching (NOT SPOTTING) and they have 3 extra sets of free weights by them. If you're going to use 4 different sets of weights, both work and both alternate. When I come up and ask, "Can I use these?" and you say no... guess who's the b!+ch. YOU.

I also can't stand people who do like 8 sets of something even though they know you are waiting for the equipment or piece. The other day, this guy was using our ONE rope (2 went missing) and I asked if he was almost done, he said yes. He had already done 4 complete sets and continued to do 3 or 4 more. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THERE'S ONE EFFING ROPE AND YOU NEED TO DO EIGHT SETS?? Selfish.

If there's only one rope, that's your gym's fault, not his.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I recently moved, and found in switching gyms that there are many of the same types of people, the ones you guys have mentioned, but each gym also has its own special kind of douche.

In gym #1, it was a guy who would cover himself in Icy Hot before his workout so the entire place smelled of it. Inescapable.

In gym #2, it's these two people who are training to be bodybuilders, but spend most of the time standing around looking at themselves and talking. They're also there every single time I come in, so they probably get a decent workout after about 12 hours.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My gym as ONE shower. Putting your bag in the shower stall DOES NOT hold your shower place. Grrrrr!
  • CarrC83
    CarrC83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's disrespectful to be discreet but discretion does bring with it a connotation of doing something people would disapprove of does it not? Maybe you just aren't using the correct word.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    aippolito1 wrote: »

While you can be upset about your second issue. Do you know what program he is doing? Does he know what programs he is doing? Lots of people have no clue about what they are doing in the gym. You can't judge him for something you have no clue of.

How about did you ask to work in with him? You didn't but complain about the his workout routine and call him selfish. You really don't make yourself look good in this situation at all.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    kpfry67 wrote: »
    Discreet is good. We would all be lying if we said we did not look or take notice when someone is fit and looks good (man or woman). However you nor any decent human would not and SHOULD NOT say "if you don't want the attention wear baggie tanks and basketball shorts" No, just no!! Ugh!

Jeeeezus now I'm not a decent person because one sentence? Lighten up a tad branflakes

Dude, you said that women should change what they wear if they don't want to feel uncomfortable from the creepy stares of dudes at the gym?? Sorry, but as a woman I don't take things like that "lightly" But in the spirit of lightening up, I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day :smile: because I am a lighthearted person underneath my irrational dislike of degrading comments.

• tobyowen2015
    tobyowen2015 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Definitely grunters. Nobody wants to hear it. It's just wrong.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    2 things I hate..

When someone is using the weight machines that you want to use but they stop between sets and sit on their cell phone. Like, you don't actually mean to take a 2 minute break do you?? UGH!

Actually - I do. I lift as heavy as I possibly can push - usually to failure on each set. Sometimes it takes more than a minute for my musculature to recover. If I fail out of a set, I'm not giving up - I'm going for it again.

• GibsonSG_67
    Options
    @branflakes1980 Sorry didn't mean to offend. Ok New message: Guys don't be dick heads and stare. Or else Bran Flakes will tear you a new one!!
    Better? ;)
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I don’t like to use the word hate, but highly dislike when people do not re rack their weights. Wipe off equipment of their sweat. The guy that yells every rep. and the people who throw their weights on the floor. Also the group of 5 teenage boys that cluster around 4-5 pieces of equipment taking turns through reps so those particular things are held up for an hour or more… One more thing... the chick that wears the shorts... the ones where myself and the rest of the gym has seen her hooha more than once...
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    @branflakes1980 Sorry didn't mean to offend. Ok New message: Guys don't be dick heads and stare. Or else Bran Flakes will tear you a new one!!
    Better? ;)

Awww, come here you..

right-here-bro.gif

• Escursionista
    Escursionista Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Walking away after drenching the treadmill or climber with sweat...
  • GibsonSG_67
    Options
    Better? ;)

Awww, come here you..

right-here-bro.gif
    Haaaaaa! That's great! Have a good one!