How do you get that gap between your thighs

Options
Even when I was in the best shape of my life I didnt have it, any ideas?

Replies

• doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Change your DNA.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    aint that the truth
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    To elaborate... thigh gaps are largely down to body structure. Most anyone with wide hips will end up with a thigh gap once they've slimmed down a bit.

If Jessica Ennis and Beyonce don't need a thigh gap....neither do you. No one ACTUALLY cares about thigh gaps. You don't look at someone and go 'she's hot. but im not interested cos she hasn't got a thigh gap'.

Spoiler: a lot of photos taken of girls showing off their 'thigh gap' is actually just them leaning forwards a bit. Try it. Stand in front of a mirror, tilt your upper body forwards slightly. Tada....now you have your 'thigh gap'
  • kendzini13
    kendzini13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Open your legs really wide... (O wait, that sounds inappropriate...)

Unfortunately it comes down to bone structure. And it is possible for everyone, but it's also possible for anyone to weigh so little that you can circle your hands around your thighs, and if that's what it takes, do you really want to be that skinny?
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It's how your body is structured. Some people can have them, some never can. Even when I was a 100lb ballerina I had no such thing.
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Look at the women who have narrow hips. They don't have thigh gaps, unless they r too skinny.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    _bVjs5iPPUWRo6mLBWK4JkJbk9EpnoSR5qaOZnoiXkwFVEC1vLox_1uZ9_QLKK_yhORvIdNC9I1GGkyMVPi0Fio5otyiyb8HANRlck4OIzymG672bYn0YQ1i

It's genetic, if you have narrow hips, you won't have one.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I lost weight and got the gap. My mum has it too. I think it's to do with wide hips, genetics as what everyone else says. My proportions are 34-25.5-35.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's all in genes. :) I don't like my knees :) can't change them lol

37367090.png
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    gonna say exactly what everyone else has said, bone structure due to genetics. At the end of the day, the confidence you build from getting the body you worked for is waaaaay more attractive then any gap!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    _bVjs5iPPUWRo6mLBWK4JkJbk9EpnoSR5qaOZnoiXkwFVEC1vLox_1uZ9_QLKK_yhORvIdNC9I1GGkyMVPi0Fio5otyiyb8HANRlck4OIzymG672bYn0YQ1i

It's genetic, if you have narrow hips, you won't have one.

See what you mean with the tilt now!

Yeah, even when I was at my smallest, I didnt have a 'thigh gap'. Now my thighs are so awesomely huge that they touch when my feet are apart.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

BTW, you, my dear, have a beautiful shape! That waist!
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Genetics. I have wider hips, but even when I was 115 lbs at 5'9" I didn't have a thigh gap because I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs.
  • sofiapapa
    sofiapapa Posts: 2
    Options
    Gaps are not made from how skinny ur legs are but the size of ur hips and its self explanatory aswell. Wider hips, skinnier thighs = gap. Small hips, skinny thighs= not always. luckily i have the body shape that can have that gap but not everyone and it really is simply just genetics
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options

totally agree ^^
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Make love to a wide-hipped man.

There are plenty are plenty of "educational" videos on the internet if you want to check your technique.
    :wink:
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Liberal application of a cheese grater?

Seriously though, it's a silly fleeting fad that's unachievable without either a) the genetics for wide hips or b) great pain. File it under other stupid physical fashion fads like:

image.php?&aid=827&foot-binding.jpg

It's about as bonkers.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

totally agree ^^

^ This. Focus on what you have and what you can achieve and do not waste time pining after the impossible. You can file this under that category of "things girls and young women stress about that only they notice and men are oblivious to."
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    genetics.
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered what the facination with the gap is. Women are suppose to have curves and those curves don't just mean T&A!! I know we all have our own ideal of what we want to look like but I hope that ideal is realistic for your body. I am 5'3'' with a natually muscular build. I will never have long lean dancers legs. Sure I can get my legs lean but they will never look like someone who is 5'11'' with a natually lean build...its just impossible. Please ladies make yourself the best you, you can be.....not the closest thing to what magazines say you should be.