How do you get that gap between your thighs

Options

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Even when I was in the best shape of my life I didnt have it, any ideas?

BTW, you, my dear, have a beautiful shape! That waist!

Thank you hun, your so sweet, lots of crunches, about 300 daily
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

totally agree ^^

^ This. Focus on what you have and what you can achieve and do not waste time pining after the impossible. You can file this under that category of "things girls and young women stress about that only they notice and men are oblivious to."

Lol I should learn what men are oblivious to then maybe ill feel less self conscious haha
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered what the facination with the gap is. Women are suppose to have curves and those curves don't just mean T&A!! . I know we all have our own ideal of what we want to look like but I hope that ideal is realistic for your body. I am 5'3'' with a natually muscular build. I will never have long lean dancers legs. Sure I can get my legs lean but they will never look like someone who is 5'11'' with a natually lean build...its just impossible. Please ladies make yourself the best you, you can be.....not the closest thing to what magazines say you should be.

<--- has a thigh gap, and curves. Measurements are 36, 25, 36.

Women who don't have thigh gaps are beautiful. Women who do have thigh gaps are beautiful too. There's nothing wrong with having one assuming it's just based on bone structure and nothing unhealthy was done to achieve it. I got mine when I hit 140 lbs at 5'4", so it's not like I was starving myself or even trying to get one.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

totally agree ^^

^ This. Focus on what you have and what you can achieve and do not waste time pining after the impossible. You can file this under that category of "things girls and young women stress about that only they notice and men are oblivious to."

I agree as well. Focus on the great things about the body you have. :flowerforyou:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I never had one even when I was doing loads of dancing as a teen.

And actually, my hubs doesn't think its attractive. Or maybe he's just keeping in my good books :wink:
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Genetics.

I'm 98 pounds with 31" hips and no thigh gap. Even if I got to an underweight range I would not have it. So I don't even worry about it.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Choose a better mum and dad to make you.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Change your DNA.

LOL great answer.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

image.php?&aid=827&foot-binding.jpg

[/quote]
    Lost my appetite for breakfast. Thanks
  • kimbtaylor1
    kimbtaylor1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that my opinion offended you. But that is all it was my opinion! I know too many ladies who try to achive the gap and always end up discouraged because they are not able to have it. If it is what you like, want and can attain it go for it. I just see too many women look down on themselves because they were born "wrong" in the eyes of magazines etc.

Just for proof that this is all a genetics game I'm an inch shorter than you with very similar measurments and the only way I have it is if I lean forward.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Liberal application of a cheese grater?

Seriously though, it's a silly fleeting fad that's unachievable without either a) the genetics for wide hips or b) great pain. File it under other stupid physical fashion fads like:

image.php?&aid=827&foot-binding.jpg

It's about as bonkers.
    Have you ever read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan? Her very detailed description of the foot binding process made me nearly throw up.
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Seriously? If thigh gap is all you have to worry about then I'd say you're leading a pretty awesome life...::bigsmile: I've never ever thought of it before until coming onto this site....
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    All this talk about thigh gap is funny. I don't have it as I have narrow hips and when my knees touch together my feet don't. I did, however, notice that when I am sitting with my knees together there is a slight gap though! Just a little!! :)
  • krisalyn117
    Options
    You have to have wide hips AND thigh bones that don't come together. Which isn't common in most girls and women. Except me lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Not in the least! I have tried to battle my build for many years and I have finally came to accept it for what it is. I will not apologize for my opinion. I'm sorry if you are offended by it but is what I think. If you feel that women with muscular builds are not attractive that is your right. I am comfortable with who I am and know that I am not everyone's cup of tea.

Saying "in my opinion" does not make an offensive statement less offensive.

Surely you realize that if an opinion is going to be offensive and tear others down then maybe it's best to keep it to yourself, or at least word it in a way that doesn't come off as mean-spirited. You could have just said "I think women with thighs that touch are beautiful" and left it at that (as many others in this thread did) instead of disparaging people who do have a thigh gap.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

Ok....let me say this. If my opinion offends you stop reading it. You are not going to change my mind on it. Just like I wouldn't change your mind on something you think. I don't appologize for how I think. Why should I? Women have constantly been told that barbie doll figures are the way to be and I have never yet heard an apology from the media or Matel nor do I expect to hear it. So if this "manly" woman's thoughts make you cringe I truely am sorry for the offense but not the thought.

I dont think you understand why people are getting annoyed with you.....It doesnt matter what your 'opinion' is, the fact is you insulted people based solely on a part of their body that they have not necessarily gone out of their way to get. Its the same as saying 'brown eyes are disgusting' or 'being fat makes people look like hippos'......its still body shaming. Shaming thin people is JUST as bad as shaming overweight people.....it seem recently people (including the 'media') have taken it upon themselves to have a backlash againt skinny people because they arent 'real'...whatever the hell that means. That is why people are saying you are offensive. Youre shaming their body.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    It depends on your bone structure, you can't change that.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    An aside: Please excuse my quoting this morning, but I have a broken wrist and a laptop with no mouse, so highlighting and deleting large amounts of text is pretty much impossible right now!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Photoshop
  • Maano79
    Maano79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I have cardio-vascular problems and on top of that I am four months into my stroke recovery. I really like your comment 'focus on what you have and what you can achieve and do not waste time pining after the impossible'

Very sensible advice and it's what I follow.