How do you get that gap between your thighs

Options

Replies

• tinylittlelove
    tinylittlelove Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    <<<<......also I find trick photography and leaning forward works wonders MUAHAHAHAHAAHAH

damn it, I've ruined the illusion now :(
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    <<<<......also I find trick photography and leaning forward works wonders MUAHAHAHAHAAHAH

I just tried the leaning forward trick only I had to lean so far forward that my head was now in the way of the pic? to be fair I am still significantly overweight. 40 -55 lbs depending on who you listen to, me or the guy who just did my bodyfat analysis.
  • tinylittlelove
    Options

I just tried the leaning forward trick only I had to lean so far forward that my head was now in the way of the pic? to be fair I am still significantly overweight. 40 -55 lbs depending on who you listen to, me or the guy who just did my bodyfat analysis.

That just means you're doing it right! You've got to try and get a massive, cheesy smile in there just to add to the beautness of the photo.

BIGGER THE SMILE, SMALLER THE THIGHS LOOK!

That's my motto :)
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Duct tape. Wrap it really tight and BAM, instant thigh gap.
  • tinylittlelove
    Options

BAM is when it pops off because you're thighs are too big..... :sad:

Sorry, just having a flashback.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have a small one. I didn't even realize I had it until I heard people debating about it here on MFP. I appreciate mine because it means my thighs never rub together (I've hear people complain about that, too, so I'm grateful not to have to deal with the chafing and whatnot.) I don't really think of it as a beauty thing. It looks alright, but not having a gap looks good to me, too. Not sure why there's so much drama over such an insignificant little thing...:ohwell:
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm when i was growing up i absolutely HATED my "thigh gap". I thought i walked funny. It was just another horrible body flaw. Kids used to tease me that they could see through my legs and they couldn't hide behind me when playing hide n go seek. Funny how things change. I still hate my "thigh gap" though. And yes, it's caused by having wide hips.

^ ^

This!
    I hate my gap.I have it even though I don't have wide hips. :( Can't understand why would anybody want it.
  • brower47
    Options

BAM is when it pops off because you're thighs are too big..... :sad:

Sorry, just having a flashback.

You're doing it wrong or you have thigh muscles to rival superman.

Note: I have never done this and never would.
  • tinylittlelove
    Options
    hmmmmm when i was growing up i absolutely HATED my "thigh gap". I thought i walked funny. It was just another horrible body flaw. Kids used to tease me that they could see through my legs and they couldn't hide behind me when playing hide n go seek. Funny how things change. I still hate my "thigh gap" though. And yes, it's caused by having wide hips.

^ ^

This!
    I hate my gap.I have it even though I don't have wide hips. :( Can't understand why would anybody want it.

So glad I've read this. Spent my whole life wanting one, and never even considered this.
    It seems to be considered beautiful nowadays. I know I quite like the look of people with them.

We always want what we can't have.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i have a slight thigh gap, and now skinny jeans make me look like i have rickets or something. its not cute.
  • jenniferrusso7393
    jenniferrusso7393 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I ever had the gap or not, but I do not remember having the chafing problem that I am having now... 3 babies later and no gap... I have very narrow hips... Maybe I'm just still too fat there! Tight running shorts alleviate the chafing problem though, unless they are too short! Maybe baby powder to combat the problem... any other thoughts on how to stop the chafing?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Do any of you even know what a Q angle is?
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Change your DNA.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Lol, This.
  • jimbo2180
    jimbo2180 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A carving knife and serious willpower? ;)
  • brower47
    Options

^ ^

This!

So glad I've read this. Spent my whole life wanting one, and never even considered this.
    It seems to be considered beautiful nowadays. I know I quite like the look of people with them.

We always want what we can't have.

Feet binding used to be considered beautiful as well. Humans can have very f'd up ideas concerning beauty.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My brother's pleasantly plump and absolutely adorable 90 year old mother in law has a thigh gap. Always has in the nearly 40 years I've known her. It's just the way her bones are aligned and body fat is distributed.

Even though I have fairly wide hips, I have meaty thighs that have always touched, even as a very skinny kid.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    How do you get that gap between your thighs

How do you get anything between your thighs?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Do any of you even know what a Q angle is?

No, I only know what a Q-Tip is. What's a Q angle?
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options
    Q angle: angle subtended by a line drawn to the vertical bisection of femur and a line drawn from the lateral margin of pelvis to the sagittal plane of the knee joint (Figure 1); normally 15° in men (>15° in women due to wider female pelvis); excessive pronators show an increased Q angle
    http://img.tfd.com/elsevier/thumbs/f17-01-9780443103780.jpg
    Figure 1: Q angle. See text entry for description of Q angle.
    Illustrated Dictionary of Podiatry and Foot Science by Jean Mooney © 2009 Elsevier Limited. All rights reserved.

Basically the wider the Q the greater your risk of knee and hip injury. If you have wide hips, but a small Q angle - ie your femoral head is directly above your knee - you get a thigh gap. Q between 22 and 9 is normal for women, outside that can lead to knee and hip issues like arthritis, ligamentous strains, etc.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I ever had the gap or not, but I do not remember having the chafing problem that I am having now... 3 babies later and no gap... I have very narrow hips... Maybe I'm just still too fat there! Tight running shorts alleviate the chafing problem though, unless they are too short! Maybe baby powder to combat the problem... any other thoughts on how to stop the chafing?

Aquaphor for the chafing. I have tubs and tubs of it around for my 3 yearold with skin issues, so instead of buying a different anti chafe product I use it too.

About the original post, before I had my daughter I had an amazing body (boxing, dance, pilates, yoga and hiking for a minimum of 12 hours a week) and I didn't have a thigh gap then, but had muscle tone every where. I had narrow hips. Now I seem to be a little wider in the hip area since child birth and though I'm making progress with my legs arms and abs, I'm still up about 15 lbs since before the baby (not likely to be that weight again, 109, and I'm short). Anyway, at least I know 6 pack abs are genetically obtainable, but with this thigh gap thing, I'm thinking it's just chasing an impossible ideal for most of us.