Replies

• tashigolean34
    tashigolean34 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    BennyCH wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Sounds like a if it ain't broke don't fix it situation

You had a system that worked and you have a hiccup for a few days and chuck your system out the window?

First I'm not too worried about missing out on nutrition, I still eat a lot of vegetables+seeds and of course the supplements mentioned above

Second, it is for 2 weeks only which is really a short time...of course I'm listening to my body and I will keep it easy in terms of exercising
    I think you're underestimating what you're missing for nutrition. Nutrition is more than just taking vitamins. As a male, you can't possibly hitting your macros for fats and proteins on 1200 calories a day. I know because as a petite female who is moderately active, I often am below on protein at 1200 calories (an my goal is around 80 grams). So, how as a 200+ lb. male can you be meeting those macros?

Why does a 200+ male have to be on a VLCD diet to make up for a couple of days of going over calories after a fast day?

It is super easy to get 80 grams of protein for less than 1200 calories a day. Chicken and tuna both are very low cal/high protein. I'm not saying that the OP is or isn't on a healthy path, but 12 ounces of chicken breast will put you near 100 grams of protein at only about 600 calories. If you are eating low carb which is mainly going to consist of green veggies, you still have 400-500 calories left for healthy fats.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Quick....I need a popcorn gif!
  • macr0babe
    macr0babe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    This is insane. Weight naturally fluctuates. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and your weight loss will happen.

Also, I don't blame you for overdoing it after a medically necessary fast.

Yes I know right :D - but it's an experiment, and I really want to say that I lost 44 lbs in 6 months + I'm going to US in July for 4 weeks, so...

I understand doing things for the sake of an experiment, but you can literally lose 44 pounds (just over a pound a week) without resorting to 1200 calories/day as your maximum. Personally, I'd suggest you add 200-300 calories. Your body will thank you.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    to make a long story short
    <snip>

South-Park-Season-16-Episode-6-11-d1ae.jpg

This is why we're friends.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Ehhh, what the hell. In.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Quick....I need a popcorn gif!

Ask and ye shall receive!

colbert-popcorn.gif
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is such *kitten*. How is 1200 calories ever acceptable? MFP you continue to amaze me.
  • jaggerhawks
    edited June 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    This is insane. Weight naturally fluctuates. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and your weight loss will happen.

Yes I know right :D - but it's an experiment, and I really want to say that I lost 44 lbs in 6 months + I'm going to US in July for 4 weeks, so...

It's an experiment in decimating your LBM and feeling weak, getting inadequate nutrition and reinforcing bad approaches to weight loss...that's what it is

Agreed. Anyone supporting this is lacks a basic understanding of nutrition. I'm the same height, and I would legitimately waste away. 3000 calories is my maintenance, if I'm not lifting very much or getting enough sleep.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    >Thread of all threads
  • jaggerhawks
    Options
    There's no way this can go wrong right.

I wish you best of luck but not in this endeavour. Success will not lie down this road

The only word of reason in this entire post.
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    As you learned during your 24 hour fast, you don't respond well to food deprivation. So your response to the post-deprivation binge is to go back into deprivation mode? Sorry, I'm not following your logic. You seem to be asking for another binge.....
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    That is crazy for someone of your weight! Very low cals and a lot of exercise...wth???
  • jaggerhawks
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    That is crazy for someone of your weight! Very low cals and a lot of exercise...wth???
    If you look at all the users who agreed or supported OP, they are most likely unfit and or overweight. Anomaly.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you look at all the users who agreed or supported OP, they are most likely unfit and or overweight. Anomaly.

Were there really that many people agreeing/supporting him? I saw a lot of people steering him away or posting jokes.

I personally think OP has lost his marbles.

Edit: after going back through the thread, I found literally one person supporting his idea. Well, sort of. They were pointing out how you can get 80 g of protein on a 1200 calorie diet.
  • jaggerhawks
    Options

Were there really that many people agreeing/supporting him? I saw a lot of people steering him away or posting jokes.

Low calorie posters get more support on MFP than high calorie ones, just an observation.

OP, triple your intake and hit the weights before you ruin your adrenals.
  • PrizePopple
    Options

Low calorie posters get more support on MFP than high calorie ones, just an observation.

OP, triple your intake and hit the weights before you ruin your adrenals.

Wut?

I'm sorry, you realize that this is by far and large a WEIGHT LOSS site.. right? Generally speaking people advocate eating at a proper deficit to achieve weight loss goals, furthermore advocating true VLCD is against MFP TOS.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Not to give OP ideas but I thought 600-800 was VLCD.
    After 4 days on a VLCD, appetite will alter to be severely diminished. That is why you think you feel find. It is probably a habituation response similar smells diminishing when constant.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    Not to give OP ideas but I thought 600-800 was VLCD.
    After 4 days on a VLCD, appetite will alter to be severely diminished. That is why you think you feel find. It is probably a habituation response similar smells diminishing when constant.

Well, 1200 calories is about 300 calories below the lowest recommended caloric intake for men. Add to that he's likely netting under 1000 calories per day with exercise included ... I'd qualify that as a VLCD for a man.
  • 115Everest
    115Everest Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

It's an experiment in decimating your LBM and feeling weak, getting inadequate nutrition and reinforcing bad approaches to weight loss...that's what it is

Agreed. Anyone supporting this is lacks a basic understanding of nutrition. I'm the same height, and I would legitimately waste away. 3000 calories is my maintenance, if I'm not lifting very much or getting enough sleep.

*Completely loses interest in this thread and drifts off into a fantasy of what life would be like if 3000 calories a day was my maintenance...*